Uploaded on Jan 22, 2010
This is DarkFire v.1a, my shell for the TI83+ and TI84+ series graphing calculators. Unlike other shells, it allows one to run multiple "widgets" at once.
Though most changes are on the back end, I have made _some_ modifications to the UI.
1) You'll notice that switching between widgets is a bit more responsive
2) Quick Search lets you search through programs, settings, and documentation
3) System Tray lets you check inactive widgets, perhaps seeing what's next on your to-do list, or how much time you have till your next event in a calendar. In the video, I have a simple clock running.
4) "System Options" gives you quick access to important things like the Finder (seen in my earlier video) and Settings
5) Standardized Notifications allow all running widgets to send you notifications, even if you're not looking at them. I got the general idea from Android, avoiding making these notifications annoying.
See more photos here http://bit.ly/4BoRuI
I am currently hoping to release a beta during the summer of 2010.