This video is unavailable.
Accelerated Radioactive Decay Rates (2/3) - Dr. Edward Boudreaux
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 10, 2011
On July 14th, 2006, RMCF was privileged to have as its' monthly speaker, Dr. Edward Boudreaux. The title of Dr. Boudreaux's talk was Accelerated Radioactive Decay Rates. [Dr. Boudreaux is now the President of RMCF. Come hear him speak on SEPTEMBER 9, 2011 AT 7 pm in the Denver area ON "God Created the Earth - A Comprehendible Overview." See http://youngearth.org/Meetings/2011/2...]
Dr. Edward Boudreaux received his PhD from Tulane University in 1962, his MS from Tulane University in 1958 and his BS from Loyola University in 1956.
Dr. Boudreaux was a Professor of Chemistry and Chemical Physics for 29 years at the University of New Orleans. He retired Prof. Emeritus in 1991. He has numerous publications in refereed scientific journals, and has made contributions to both books and reviews. Dr. Boudreaux has made presentations at conferences and seminars both nationally and internationally.
Dr. Boudreaux has been invited to many Creation Science presentations and both TV and radio appearances. He has had presentations and publications at two International Creation Conferences.
One of the major factors confronting the Creation/Evolution issue is radiometric dating. This is the process whereby a rock or fossil containing a radioactive chemical element, such as- uranium (U-238, U-235), thorium ( Th-232 ), potassium (K-40 ) , etc., has its' decay time called the "half-life " (a presumed constant process), measured.
Based upon certain assumptions regarding the original amount of the decaying element vs. the final decay product, the measured time lapse is regarded to be a quantitative evaluation of the original time when the rock (or fossil) was first formed.
The problem is that the presumed constant half - lives for the decay processes are in billions of years, while the biblical time frame for all creation is only some 6,000-7,000 years. The only reasonable answer to this problem is that there must have been a time period when the radioactive decay rates were very fast.
Dr. Boudreaux has been working on this problem for some 5 years and is able to provide a reasonable, scientifically sound model for accelerated radioactive decay rates.
He presented the details of his findings, along with a application of the Bergman-Lucas toroidal model for electrons and protons, to the nuclear structure and decay rate of K-40.
More about Dr. Boudreaux: http://youngearth.org/speakers.htm#Ed
For more audio/video from past Rocky Mountain Creation Fellowship (RMCF) speakers, please visit http://youngearth.org/past_speakers.htm
Standard YouTube License
Next in Accelerated Radioactive Decay Rates - Dr. Edward Boudreaux
- 55:46 PBS Nature Radioactive Wolvesby Claire Wilkinson 21,181 views
- 30:12 Radiohalos: Evidence of Accelerated Decay, Part 1 - Dr. Andrew Snellingby RockyMtnCreation 928 views
- 4:22 BREAKING NEWS Army Has Sprayed Citizens with Radioactive Particles! Chemtrail Linkby cosmic gnostic 986 views
- 23:24 chernobyl 2012 II: radioactive secrets of the zone - the plutonium laboratoryby bionerd23 36,834 views
- 14:43 Explaining Fukushima Earthquake Nuclear Reactor Explosion - Melayu Pt 1 of 3by Azrudi 9,673 views
- 12:11 chernobyl 2012 II: radioactive secrets of the zone - the detector laboratoriesby bionerd23 26,658 views
- 37:05 Inside Chernobyl (2012)by Arkitekture 724,004 views
- 9:11 Evolution No Evidence,The Facts By Dr Grady McMurtry Part 5by EvolutionNoEvidence 2,058 views
- 23:20 Radioactivity: Radiation Safety in Nuclear Energy Explorations 1962 Public Health Serviceby Jeff Quitney 230 views
- 10:00 How dating methods workby CMIcreationstation 1,572 views
- 16:00 The Power of Creation Evangelism (3/3) - Pete Fiskeby RockyMtnCreation 105 views
- 6:56 Inconstant Radioactive Decay Startles Physicists | Space Newsby ThunderboltsProject 2,848 views
- 58:01 The Q&A Show - Dr Grady McMurtry 15th January 2013by rtveurope 373 views
- 59:35 Radioisotope dating—An evolutionist's best friend?by CMIcreationstation 974 views
- 23:50 High School Biology: What's Wrong With The Truth? - Dr. G.Charles Jackson (Dr. J.)by slaves4christ 2,597 views
- 44:22 015 Tunnelling and Radioactive Decayby oxford 1,954 views
- 13:54 BISSELL ProHeat 2X Pet Carpet Cleaner with Accessoriesby HSN 12,943 views
- 8:26 chernobyl 2012 II: the radioactive cemetery of vehicles, burjakivka (Бурякiвка)by bionerd23 20,851 views
- 5:20 Radiometric Dating - Geological Time (6/6)by OUlearn 2,809 views