Fossil Fool performs "Funky Quadricycle" LiveOnBike at the Barcelona Bicycle Music Festival
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 11, 2010
Highlights from a LiveOnBike performance on my latest custom Soul Cycle, the Blue Whale at the first ever Barcelona Bicycle Music Festival, timed to coincide with the 10-10-10 global day of action on climate change. Part of the 2010 European bike tour by the Pleasant Revolution.
The video shows clips of three songs: "Funky Quadricycle", "Rock The Bike Rider," and "No Bikes In The Yard". Brock was pilioting the Blue Whale, and nearby Kipchoge was carrying bassist Jared May.
This was my first LiveOnBike performance on the Blue Whale, which contains the audio elements a 3-way JBL PRX 535 speaker. The top surface of the Blue Whale's fiberglass cabinet is a wide tractor seat, allowing the performer to shift his weight and face riders to the side and rear of the rig. The Blue Whale has a horn-loaded midrange and tweeter mounted on a pole that can pivot to any angle. When used as a LiveOnBike rig, the mid/high horns face obliquely to the rear, where they direct the sound to the mobile audience and serve as a monitor to the performer. The main 15" bass woofer faces to the right, away from the performer, but the large bass port faces left. Bass frequencies are fairly omnidirectional to begin with, but the port facing left means that the bass truly envelops the performer. The music cabinet is custom made to fit the Mundo V3 cargo bike, designed for carrying gear and passengers. The weight of the cabinet, battery, and the performer was probably close to 250 pounds, well within the rated capacity of the Mundo.
The power source for the amplifier was a pair 12V NiMh batteries rated at 4AH. The Class-D Crown amplifier that came with the PRX 535 has been modified to accept DC power, rather than AC, which eliminates the need for a bulky and inefficient AC/DC inverter. The batteries used on the Blue Whale weigh only 4 pounds. The DC modified Crown amplifier is problably the most efficient audio amplifier around, and is available from Rock The Bike on a custom basis. The DC modification also makes the Blue Whale an exceptionally efficient Pedal Power rig.
The backing tracks are stored on a modified Kaossilator Pro looping synthesizer, which you can see on my left leg. I can trigger samples A, B, C, and D while performing, enabling me to take a song into a breakdown section or drop out the beat for a funny rhyme. The Kaossilator Pro has a built in mic preamp eliminating the need for a separate audio mixer. Nearby, Jared plays bass while sitting on a JBL 512 speaker.
The Barcelona Bicycle Music Festival is part of the Pleasant Revolution tour of Europe. The Pleasant Revolution has been touring Europe by bicycle since late May, and will next head to Portugal in time for a Bicycle Music Festival of Lisbon next weekend. I joined up with the Pleasant Revolution in late September.
The goal of the Bicycle Music Festival is to help bike people grow the movement with an inspiring all-day event featuring local and bike-touring bands. We hit three venues, all in Barcelona's parks and plazas. As we cruise between venues, performing LiveOnBike or playing dance music, we pass out flyers and call out the festival venues pied piper style, helping to increase turnout on the day of.
Standard YouTube License
- 16:25 Steve Allen show, Frank Zappa Playing music on a Bicycle 1963by kenwahmanFeatured 427,113
- 4:11 Fossil Fool performs "Sendin' Out" at the Bicycle Music Festival 2008by rockthebike 6,821 views
- 2:09 Audio Car Romagnoloby salvoyaris 226,094 views
- 7:11 The fastest human powered bicycleby Power In Motion 1,369,910 views
- 6:15 Henrik Vibskov - Fantabulous Bicycle Music Factory -Officialby alastair wiper 3,807 views
- 3:03 Frank Zappa's Bicycle Debutby ozokanalla 37,116 views
- 3:10 Sears Craftsman Red Motorcycle Lift Modification for H-D Dyna modelsby Vic Terraglia 63,239 views
- 2:49 Spinning musicby larsrobbinson09 63,364 views
- 3:14 HUMANS Music Video "Bike Home"by silonine 64,364 views
- 3:18 MORODO - GANJA PARTY (REGGAE MUSIC)by davidtigres 1,640,223 views
- 2:01 Bicycle Music Festival 2008by Lisa Pickoff-White 19,225 views
- 4:05 Riding with the Pleasant Revolutionby fossilfool 932 views
- 2:29 JBL PRX 615m vs EON 16 G2's vs MRX515'sby Abraham TheJeweler 30,423 views
- 2:35:01 Background Music Instrumentals - relaxdaily - B-Sides N°1by relaxdaily 10,329,793 views
- 4:17 The Bike Song by The Grave Architectsby jamesvyner 177,584 views
- 3:54 San Francisco Bike Culture with Fossil Foolby macpaulster 6,373 views
- 3:11 Harley-Davidson Wins Shootoutby lpmultimedia 89,922 views
- 1:17 Aerial Tribe - Is Youby Jared May 58,020 views
- 4:40 Animas Quadracycle 3.dvby angelafilms 38,970 views
- 3:00 Barcelona by bike & Barcelona per fiets!by Bajabikes 16,202 views
- Loading more suggestions...