Mozart Piano Concerto 27, A. Madžar, piano - mvt 1, part 1
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 13, 2008
Aleksandar Madžar (Bösendorfer piano)
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by André Previn
first movement, part one
part two of the first movement is here:
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Piano Concerto In B-Flat Major, K.595 No.27 [31.37 total time]
Recorded At The Imperial Palace of Schönbrunn, Vienna, Austria, 29 November 1990
Isobel Wield writes on Aleksandar Madžar:
"The imagination that goes into his playing is reflected in his programming too -- this all suggested an artist whose horizons are far wider than those of many of his peers...quite remarkable." The Guardian
Born in Belgrade in 1968, Aleksandar Madžar began his piano studies with Gordana Matinovic, later becoming a student of Arbo Valdma at the Belgrade Academy of Music. From 1987 to 1989 he studied with Eliso Virsaladze in Moscow, subsequently with Edouard Mirzoian at the Strasbourg Conservatory and in Brussels with Daniel Blumenthal. Today, he holds professorships at the Royal Flemish Conservatoire, Brussels and the Hochschule für Musik und Theater Bern.
In 2007/08 Madžar maintains his schedule of diverse performance activities: celebrating the 250th anniversary of Scarlatti, he focuses on this composer in a recital programme in Manchester's Royal Northern College of Music. He also returns to the Wigmore Hall in recital, and the BBC Philharmonic under the baton of Andris Nelsons, with whom he additionally performs with the Nordwestdeutsche Philharmonie. Following a remarkable recital in Paris at the Théâtre de la Ville last season he is immediately invited back, in a two piano recital with Alexandar Melnikov. He will be guest soloist with the Belcea Quartet in Amsterdam's Concertgebouw.
Other select partnerships are key to Aleksandar Madžar's current performance schedule. In summer 2007, he appeared as guest artist at the East Neuk Festival and at the Irish Chamber Orchestra's summer festival, run by close chamber music colleague Anthony Marwood. He collaborates with Ilya Gringolts and their delivery of a Beethoven cycle in St Petersburg in 2006 met with extraordinary praise. This ongoing partnership meets again at the 2008 Verbier Festival. Duo recitals with Juliana Banse are now culminating in an ECM recording for spring 2008.
Of his prize in the 1996 Leeds Piano Competition Gerald Larner of The Times described Madžar as 'the most imaginative musician among the 1996 finalists'. The Leeds competition propelled Madžar onto the UK scene where he also became a sought after soloist with the Royal and BBC Philharmonics, BBC Scottish Symphony, Scottish Chamber Orchestra and BBC National Orchestra of Wales, as well as throughout Europe and Asia working with Paavo Berglund, Ivan Fischer, Paavo Järvi, Carlos Kalmar, John Nelson, Libor Pesek, André Previn and the late Marcello Viotti.
Aleksandar Madžar has given solo recitals in Berlin (Philharmonie), London, Rome, Florence, Milan, Hamburg, Duisburg and on tour in Japan and in Columbia. He is a regular guest artist at the festivals of Bad Kissingen, Schleswig Holstein, the Ivo Pogorelich Festival at Bad Wörishofen, Klavier Festival Ruhr, Davos, Roque d'Antheron, Salzburg, Sintra and Aldeburgh.
His discography includes the two Chopin piano concertos, with the Frankfurt Radio Symphony and Dmitri Kitaenko for BMG/Classic FM (1997), for the French label Arion (1999) a disc of Chabrier's music for two pianos and, working regularly with cellist Louise Hopkins, a disc of Elliot Carter, Rachmaninov and Schnittke for the Swedish label Intim Musik.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Piano Concerto No. 27 in B-Flat Major, K. 595: I. Allegro" on
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - Mozart Piano Concerto 27, A. Madžar, piano - mvt 1, part 1
- 5:54 Mozart Piano Concerto 27, A. Madžar, piano - mvt 1, part 2by TheGreatPerformers88,390 views
- 43 videos Play all Mozart Piano Concertosby lilly763
- 10:50 Mozart Piano Concerto 5 (Malcolm Frager, piano) movement 3by TheGreatPerformers243,217 views
- 8:41 Mozart Piano Concerto, K. 488 (Zoltán Kocsis) movement 3by TheGreatPerformers127,639 views
- 6:05 Mozart Piano Concerto, K. 488 (Zoltán Kocsis) movement 2by TheGreatPerformers236,440 views
- 7:42 Mozart Piano Concerto 20, K 466 (Ivan Klánský) mvt 1, pt 1by TheGreatPerformers77,118 views
- 7:19 Mozart - Concerto No. 26 "Coronation" mvt 1, part 1by TheGreatPerformers38,761 views
- 31:22 Mozart: Piano concerto n. No. 21 in C major, K.467 Pollini-Mutiby Alessandro1522,254,710 views
- 10:57 Mozart Piano Concerto 27, A. Madžar, piano - movement 3by TheGreatPerformers107,684 views
- 10:23 Mozart Piano Concerto No. 9, First Mvt, Mitsuko Uchidaby TheGreatPerformers1,354,814 views
- 5:19 Mozart Piano Concerto 17, Dezsö Ránki, Piano - mvt 2, part 2by TheGreatPerformers76,409 views
- 5:38 Mozart Piano Concerto No. 9, 2nd Mvt, Part 2 Mitsuko Uchidaby TheGreatPerformers157,007 views
- 4:20 The Next Mozart? 6-Year Old Piano Prodigy Wows Allby WGN News24,899,278 views
- 28:46 Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 27 in B flat, K. 595 [complete]by Am4d3usM0z4rt105,474 views
- 8:45 Mozart Piano Concerto 5 (Malcolm Frager, piano) movement 2by TheGreatPerformers253,430 views
- 55:15 Mozart - Requiem in D minor (Complete/Full) [HD]by ControversialTruth7,135,574 views
- 8:15 Mozart Piano Concerto 27, A. Madžar, piano - movement 2by TheGreatPerformers55,383 views
- 10:56 Mozart Piano Concerto 17, Dezsö Ránki, Piano - movement 3by TheGreatPerformers55,316 views
- 8:23 Mozart-Piano Concerto No.8--Christian Zacharias, 3rd Mvtby TheGreatPerformers29,623 views
- 33:54 Mozart Piano concerto 20 D Minor K466 - Edith Fischerby Cristian Fuentes75,148 views