First Words International HD from Hamaguchi Apps for Speech, Language and Auditory Development
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 10, 2012
This is a demo video of our newest full version app, First Words International HD,now in the App store. There are two versions: Home and Pro. They are identical except that the Pro Version holds the data for up to 30 users and the Home version is for a single user only. This app features 50 basic words in 7 languages: American English, Chinese, Japanese, French, Spanish, Hindi and Russian. The Pro version is $9.99 and the Home version is $5.99.
Apple! Manzana! Pomme! How many ways can you say it? This beautifully illustrated and photographed, multi-language app is perfect for the toddler or child who is learning the names of basic objects in any of the following 7 languages: English, Chinese, Spanish, French, Japanese, Hindi and Russian. Just select the language of your choice and start playing!
The app has a core of 50 objects, which are shown 10 or more ways so the child can more readily generalize their meaning. For example, "chair" is shown as a wooden chair, a blue plastic lawn chair, an overstuffed upholstered chair, a rolling desk chair, and even a plastic toy pink chair.
There are 3 activities: Learn the Word, Find the Word (receptive vocabulary) and Say the Word (expressive vocabulary).
In the Learn the Word activity, the child is taught the name for the word by a native speaker of the selected language by hearing and seeing it 5 times.
In the Find the Word activity, the child is shown 5 pictures and is asked to find the requested object.
The Say the Word game features a fun spinner and recording feature! The word is then played back and the user can compare to the model for that word, in whatever language has been chosen.
Options in the Settings:
* Animations: If answered correctly, a cute, short animation can be shown after a specified number of responses, depending upon the setting the user chooses (1, 3, or 5).
*Picture choice: Users can select photographs, color drawings or random.
* Text can be "on" to support early reading skills, or "off" to support early listening skills.
*Users: In addition, the pro version app includes user settings and data collection for up to 30 children, making it an excellent choice for professional use by an educator or speech pathologist at a fraction of the cost of traditional educational software, with no additional "professional" version fees. Results can be emailed, and missed items can be played.
Hamaguchi Apps is dedicated to the mission of bringing high-quality apps to parents and professionals. Developed by noted speech-language pathologist and author of Childhood Speech, Language & Listening Problems: What Every Parent Should Know, Patti Hamaguchi, M.A., CCC-SLP.
To find out more about this app and our other upcoming projects, visit our website: www.hamaguchiapps.com
For more information, check out our website at www.hamaguchiapps.com or see us in the iTunes app store.
This app was designed by Patti Hamaguchi, M.A., CCC-SLP a speech-language pathologist and author of several books including Childhood Speech, Language & Listening Problems: What Every Parent Should Know (Wiley, 3rd edition 2010)
We hope you enjoy it!
Standard YouTube License
- 9:55 The best educational apps ipad, iphone, itouch, for babies, toodler, and kids for 2012by Mini.Munchkin23,587 views
- 5:22 Articulation and Speech Therapy Mini Course - "S" Sound Stimulability - How to elicit "S"by thespeechpathway122,632 views
- 9:46 Between the Lines App series from Hamaguchi Apps-iPadby HamaguchiApps4,223 views
- 1:23 Japanese Learning Iphone/IpodTouch/Ipad - Trailerby MirofTS4,223 views
- 9:06 Updated Fun with Directions App from Hamaguchi Appsby HamaguchiApps12,413 views
- 6:30 First Phrases app by Hamaguchi Apps for Speech, Language and Auditory Developmentby HamaguchiApps23,227 views
- 59:03 iPad Apps for Autistic and Nonverbal Childrenby TVSBSC84,291 views
- 1:09:00 How Children Learn: Language, Hearing and the Brainby RockefellerUniv1,202 views
- 61 videos Play all Toddler Learning Activitiesby jadita44
- 2:58 Japanese Vocabulary - Colors in Japanese - Iro 色by PuniPuniJapan13,156 views
- 15:12 Speech Language Therapy using LeoMagan Puzzleby Leo Magan1,166 views
- 7:32 Silly Symphonies - Des arbres et des fleurs (1932)by Disneeyworld8132,757 views
- 3:28 Tiga Talk Speech Therapy- how to use the iPhone/iPad appby TigaTalkApp9,773 views
- 2:59 Interactive Telling Time App for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, by GiggleUpby GiggleUpApps7,188 views
- 4:53 Picture the Sentence HD App from Hamaguchi Apps for Speech, Language and Auditory Developmentby HamaguchiApps15,238 views
- 4:00 eat apple news app review : Cute Baby Flash Cards :iPad, iPhone apps for toddlers and kidsby Paris Paraskeva8,941 views
- 1:13 My Talking Toddler's P B & M - Beginning Speechby MyTalkingToddler8,641 views
- 3:27 TALKING WITH THE ABC'S*SPEECH THERAPY KITby edithbowlby28,966 views
- 1:08 First Words Flashcards - Animals, Alphabet,Numbers and more.mp4by ronari221,907 views
- 3:23 Auditory Skills Toddler Activity DIYby Jady A.877 views