Dream - Blue Sky Riders feat. Kenny Loggins, Georgia Middleman & Gary Burr
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 5, 2011
Dream is the new single from Kenny Loggins' new group Blue Sky Riders. Kenny teams up with two other award-winning songwriters Gary Burr and Georgia Middleman, and the blend of voices is magical. "DREAM" will be part of a new album coming out in the fall from BSR, Blue Sky Riders.
Blue Sky Riders (BSR) just toured with Kenny Loggins to New York, Ohio and Kentucky. Future dates in Arizona, California, Idaho, Utah and Nevada. For more details see:
The group has posted several new songs on their website, including I'm A Rider (Finally Home), Dream, I Get It, Little Victories, and Another Spring. Listen here:
ABOUT BLUE SKY RIDERS:
Blue Sky Riders (BSR) is Kenny Loggins, Georgia Middleman and Gary Burr. The creative spark for the band began when Kenny and Gary met for a songwriting session a few years back.
"The best part," says Kenny Loggins of that meeting with Gary Burr as he wrote for "How About Now," his well-received 2008 release, "was that when we sang together, we sounded like brothers. The last time I experienced that kind of blend was with Jimmy Messina in 1971."
Loggins, one of the premiere voices in modern popular music, called Burr, one of Nashville's most accomplished writers, afterward and asked if he'd like to form a band. Then he suggested they look for a third, female voice. "I've got the perfect person," said Burr. "Georgia Middleman. She's the best I've ever worked with." Loggins flew to Nashville and the three sat down to write.
"What a meeting!" says Loggins. "We wrote our first song and were singing with a three-part blend that comes once in a lifetime." With that, Blue Sky Riders was a reality.
Middleman, a renowned singer/songwriter, says the experience has reminded her of the Joseph Campbell line, "Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls."
"I'm definitely looking bliss in the eye right now," she says.
All three sing lead amid the three-part harmonies that told each of them from the beginning that they had something special.
Official website: http://BlueSkyRidersBand.com
About Kenny Loggins
For Loggins, Blue Sky Riders is a new creative step forward in a career filled with magic moments. His hits, early on as half of Loggins and Messina and then as a solo artist, include "Danny's Song," "House at Pooh Corner," "Your Mama Don't Dance," "Angry Eyes," "Whenever I Call You Friend" (with Stevie Nicks) and "This Is It," a series of movie theme songs, including "I'm Alright" (Caddyshack), "Footloose" (Footloose), "Danger Zone" (Top Gun), and "Nobody's Fool" (Caddyshack II), and later AC smashes including "Conviction of the Heart," "The Real Thing," "If You Believe" and "For the First Time." His songs have been covered by artists including Barbra Streisand, Lynn Anderson, Anne Murray and the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Loggins and Michael McDonald co-wrote "What A Fool Believes," which received a Grammy for Song of the Year, and "This Is It," which earned Loggins a Grammy for Best Male Pop Vocal.
About Gary Burr
Burr is a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame and has been named Songwriter of the Year by ASCAP, Billboard and NSAI with 13 #1 hits under his belt. His hits include Juice Newton's "Love's Been a Little Bit Hard on Me," Conway Twitty's "That's My Job" and Wynonna's "To Be Loved By You," and his songs have been covered by LeAnn Rimes, Faith Hill, Randy Travis, Reba McEntire, George Jones, Garth Brooks, RIcky Skaggs and Lynyrd Skynyrd, among many others. He has written and performed with Ringo Starr, had a worldwide hit with the Ricky Martin/Christina Aguilera smash "Nobody Wants to be Lonely," and topped the charts with Kelly Clarkson's "Before Your Love" and Clay Aiken's "This is the Night." He has toured with Carole King and produced Olivia Newton John, and early in his career spent three years as lead singer of Pure Prairie League.
About Georgia Middleman
Middleman was still a teenager when she began opening for artists like Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard. Drawn to Nashville's creative energy, she quickly landed a publishing deal with Polygram and released the well-received Endless Possibiities on Giant Records. She wrote Keith Urban's 2010 chart-topper "I'm In," and singles including Tracy Lawrence's "It's All How You Look At It" and Sarah Buxton's "Innocence." Her songs have been recorded by Faith Hill, Martina McBride, Reba McEntire, Terri Clark, Mark Chesnutt and Joe Nichols, among many others. She has toured with Radney Foster and sung backup for Jack Ingram, Marty Raybon, the Warren Brothers and many other Nashville artists.
Standard YouTube License
- 23 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 4:02 Bruno + The Heaters - Bruce Willisby mailclub2006Featured 18,620
- 3:56 Blue Sky Riders - I'm A Riderby blueskyriders 14,581 views
- 3:24 Georgia Middleman, Table 32by nashvillehigh 5,790 views
- 4:42 This Is It- Kenny Loggins with Michael McDonaldby Alex Umali 84,297 views
- 7:02 BLUE SKY RIDERS -- "DREAM"by UnsteadyFreddie 1,443 views
- 8:15 Kenny Loggins—Forever—Live-Vancouver 2007-08-28by backpackdave07 43,079 views
- 5:41 Kenny Loggins & the B.S.R. How's That Working For You "Congratulations" 9/18/2011 Coach Houseby ginasutube 3,127 views
- 10 videos Play all Kenny Logginsby coiled26
- 4:16 Gary Burr, Till You Love Meby nashvillehigh 1,642 views
- 24:59 Blue Sky Riders with Kenny Loggins, Georgia Middleman and Gary Burrby midlynn 2,743 views
- 6:17 Gary Burr, That's My Jobby nashvillehigh 2,147 views
- 5:23 Kenny Loggins- Enter My Dream Lyricsby MsMovieThemes 3,320 views
- 4:47 Kenny Loggins - Celebrate Me Homeby ladybret 15,267 views
- 7:42 Kenny Loggins- The Real Thing (live)by CoolRockinPapi 33,952 views
- 7:13 Kenny Loggins- Love Will Followby heyroz27 247,883 views
- 4:03 Kenny Loggins - This Is It (Live-HQ)by LochRaven62 54,486 views
- 5:50 Kenny Loggins-Sweet Reunionby T.L. Davis 13,547 views
- 4:01 Kenny Loggins- This Is It (1979)by soulbrothanumbahone 223,000 views
- 4:49 Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright (Live-HQ)by LochRaven62 478,548 views
- 4:35 Kenny Loggins and Michael Mcdonald - This Is It LIVE!by Sotero Trinidad 388,953 views
- 9:33 Kenny Loggins Celebrate Me Home Live 1991by cetera06 490,121 views
- Loading more suggestions...