Aero-TV: XCOR Aerospace -- An Innovative Route To Space (Part 1)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 1, 2009
Mark Our Words... The Private Spaceflight Revolution Will Be Won by Companies Like XCOR
I have a number of heroes in the aviation and aerospace business... some of whom I've written about quite a bit and a few that I need to write much more about. Near the top of the list of XCOR Aerospace's Jeff Greason and the oh-so-talented team that supports this uncommon man with a dream AND the chutzpah to make it happen.
Jeff Greason has 17 years experience managing innovative technical project teams at XCOR Aerospace, Rotary Rocket and Intel Corporation. As president and a co-founder of XCOR, he leads the engineering team that has developed ten different long-life, highly-reusable liquid-fueled rocket engines, a low-cost liquid propellant piston pump, and two manned reusable rocket aircraft the EZ-Rocket and a prototype for a private customer. As part of his duties at XCOR, Mr. Greason has had the final go/no-go decision responsibility on hundreds of rocket engine test firings, more than twenty manned rocket flights, and has served as a flight test engineer aboard one of those flights.
Founded in 1999, XCOR Aerospace is a small, privately-held California C-Corporation. Their headquarters and development facilities are located at the Mojave Spaceport and Civilian Aerospace Test Center in Mojave, California. XCOR engages in research, development, and production of reusable rocket-powered, horizontal launch vehicles for suborbital, and ultimately, orbital travel.
Building on the success of our first and second generation rocket-powered planes, XCOR Aerospace is proceeding towards a phased development of its next generation vehicle, the suborbital RLV named Lynx, which will take a passenger and a pilot to the edge of space.
XCOR Chief Test Pilot and three-time Space Shuttle Pilot and Commander, Rick Searfoss said the Lynx will carry people or payloads to the edges of space up to four times a day. Seated next to him in the co-pilot seat, participants will undoubtedly experience the thrill of a lifetime.
Aero-TV Is in Awe Of XCOR Aerospace And The Team That Will Make Private Spaceflight Commonplace (Part 1)!
FMI: www.xcor.com, www.aero-tv.net, www.youtube.com/aerotvnetwork, http://twitter.com/AeroNews
Copyright 2009, Aero-News Network, Inc., ALL Rights Reserved.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:32 Aero-TV: XCOR Aerospace -- An Innovative Route To Space (Part 2)by Aero-News Network2,451 views
- 15:51 TEDxSanJoseCA - Jeff Greason - Rocket Scientist: Making Space Pay and Having Fun Doing Itby TEDxTalks46,676 views
- 10:00 Aerospace Industryby MetroDenverWIRED33,426 views
- 9:27 XCOR Visualization Movie Final Edition (Kieran Griffith)by spacemooseireland5,913 views
- 49:33 The Engines That Came In From The Cold! (The Soviet Moon Program)by BitnikGr143,816 views
- 8:46 Aero-TV: ISDC 2009 -- The Future Of Commercial Spaceflightby Aero-News Network2,767 views
- 8:34 Xcorps TV PRESENTS XCOR Aerospace The LYNXby TheXcorps5,623 views
- 2:27 Delta Clipper Experimental Advanced (DCXA) Reusable Launch Vehicleby jaglavaksoldier164,364 views
- XCOR Aerospace 193 videos32
- 3:15 XCOR Lynx suborbital vehicle animationby XCORAerospace241,260 views
- 9 videos Play all Aerospace and Defense Industry Solution Demo Seriesby IBMRational
- 6:58 XCOR Hits the Road with Experimental Motorcycleby XCORAerospace16,684 views
- 2:27 Edge of Space "Lynx Flight" up to 200,000 feet High!by MiGman Jet96,955 views
- 1:08 NASA Exploring Cheaper Shuttle Replacementby AssociatedPress57,457 views
- 4:11 Bigelow Aerospace's Space Stationby Douglas Messier32,135 views
- 0:50 Richard Branson's First Words in Spaceby Condé Nast Traveler38,365 views
- 3:23 Jeff Greason Explains The Flexible Path To Marsby Trent Waddington1,514 views
- 4:40 XCOR Know How to do Rocketplanes! (Kieran Griffith)by spacemooseireland2,361 views
- 2:25 Travel to the Edge of Spaceby bestdestination2,285 views
- 2:48 Rocket Racing League in Tulsa, OKby Christopher Lannon40,945 views