Eddie George 61yd scamper, eventual TD - Notre Dame 1995
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 7, 2008
Included in this video is the famous Eddie George 61yd run that catapulted his Heisman campaign as well as the eventual touchdown that resulted.
I reiterate again: until Ohio State's Athletic Dept gets off its lazy ass and starts selling these games for weirdos like me, grainy VHS hand-me-downs are what you're going to get on YouTubes. Apologies, but them's the breaks.
A quick recap of the event preceding this drive:
- Ron Powlus burns Shawn Springs with a deep pass. Yet, on the same drive, Springs has his revenge on a botched fade route.
- Two plays later, Terry Glenn has what I think might be the greatest play in all of Buckeye history: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRi6Ar...
- Afterwards, Ron Powlus, with body fluids running down his leg, botches the center exchange, resulting in a turnover.
- Ohio State tacks on 7 more points.
- Notre Dame responds with a TD drive of their own, but Powlus fails to make good on the 2pt conversion on the option keeper.
This drive follows from the kickoff after Notre Dame's TD drive to make the game a 9pt deficit for the Irish.
On the actual "play" itself, the one that went on the highlight reel for Eddie George's eventually successful Heisman campaign: I'm really not that impressed, per se. I think Eddie made one good move on this play, and that was the change of direction that turned a 20 yard gain into a 61 yard gain. What this play really shows is how ridiculously good the strong side of the offensive line was in 1995. Seriously: Dudley and Pace by their lonesomes were better blockers than most entire offensive lines. Watch the gaping hole those two create for George. I think anyone could have gotten 20 yards out of that play.
The play itself became legend among Buckeye fans, and was best encapsulated in this image that really got Eddie's Heisman campaign into full gear: http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/fls/...
Gotta love Terry Glenn running into start blocking.
The George score makes the deficit 16 again for the Irish. The Bucks would pour it on and win big.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:52 Eddie George 64yd TD run - Illinoisby ourhonordefendFeatured 51,764
- 9:05 2004 Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State vs Kansas State (Drive-Thru)by ourhonordefend 34,588 views
- 10:00 1997 Rose Bowl - game winning driveby ourhonordefend 35,159 views
- 1:43 Eddie George 13yd TD run - Illinoisby ourhonordefend 4,892 views
- 2:57 Will Allen gamewinning INT - Michigan 2002by ourhonordefend 47,491 views
- 2:37 Kirk Herbstreit 72yd option keeper TD - Minnesota 1991by ourhonordefend 75,832 views
- 8:33 1996: Ohio State v. Pitt (Drive-Thru)by ourhonordefend 21,095 views
- 2:04 Chris Spielman 24yd INT return-TD - 1987 Cotton Bowlby ourhonordefend 14,798 views
- 8:36 1999 Sugar Bowl: Ohio State v. Texas A&M (Drive-Thru)by ourhonordefend 24,807 views
- 3:27 Opening Kickoff - Notre Dame 1996by ourhonordefend 22,191 views
- 9:59 2004 Alamo Bowl: Ohio State v. Oklahoma State (Drive-Thru)by ourhonordefend 23,603 views
- 2:24 Terry Glenn 75yd TD catch - Pitt 1995by ourhonordefend 12,441 views
- 8:00 Buckeyes take the lead - Notre Dame 1995by ourhonordefend 3,357 views
- 1:29 David Boston's punt return TD (w/ only 7 blockers) - Pitt 1996by ourhonordefend 25,971 views
- 9:28 2002: Ohio State v. Michigan (Drive-Thru)by ourhonordefend 37,957 views
- 9:58 1997 Rose Bowl: Ohio State v. Arizona State (Drive-Thru)by ourhonordefend 24,295 views
- 0:55 Wiley TD OSU-Michigan 1998by Pappy21 23,644 views
- 6:13 Terry Glenn's record day (9 catches, 253 yards, 4 TDs) - Pitt 1995by ourhonordefend 9,141 views
- 0:31 Orlando Pace HS basketball highlightsby ourhonordefend 20,161 views
- 5:06 Buckeye Classics: Chris Spielman excerptby Chuck Brown 33,145 views
- Loading more suggestions...