Uploaded on Feb 1, 2009
This lecture on "How does Islam guide us in managing stress? by Professor Rafik Beekun and Dr. Tahar Salaat is a very short excerpt from the Islamic Management Series lectures which have been designed to help leaders of Muslim organizations become effective, Insha Allah. The series is on DVD covering 10 lectures based on the training workshops which Professor Rafik Beekun, University of Nevada, USA, has conducted globally with Islamic for profit and not for profit organizations and masajid. Each lecture was professionally filmed in front of a live Muslim audience, and the whole DVD set (10 DVDs) includes about 13 hours of lectures (with separate viewable slide show, and individually accessible modules) on the following topics:
1. Leadership from an Islamic Perspective Vol. 1. [2 modules: Defining leadership, and The Leader as Coach and Delegator]
2. Leadership from an Islamic Perspective Vol. 2. [2 modules: Leadership and Emotional Intelligence in Islam, and Developing effective leaders]
3. How Does Islam Guide Us in Managing Stress? [6 modules: What is stress? Three approaches to stress, Sources & effects of stress, Stress coping mechanisms, Islamic coping mechanisms, and Preventive stress management]
4. Managing Conflict in Islamic Organizations [6 modules: What is conflict? Conflict management, Levels of conflict and the conflict process, Conflict resolution techniques, Step-by-step process for resolving conflict, and Constructive functions of conflict]
5. Business Ethics from an Islamic Perspective [5 modules: Three approaches to ethical business dilemmas, Uniqueness of the Islamic code of ethics, Factors influencing ethical behavior, The Islamic ethical system, and Islamic business ethics from a stakeholders perspective]
6. Team-Building in Islamic Organizations [6 modules: Importance of team activities in Islam, A team is not a group, Stages of team development & Implications for leadership, Team-player and team-leader styles, Dysfunctional decision-making in teams, How to build an effective team]
7. Communication from an Islamic Perspective[6 modules: The importance of communication, The communication process and model, Components of verbal and nonverbal communication, Barriers to effective communication, Multicultural communication, Improving communication through the Islamic etiquette of communication
8. Time Management for Islamic Organizations [1 module, 1 hour and 22 minutes]
9. Strategic Planning and Implementation for Islamic Organizations [5 modules: Introducing strategic management, Developing a strategic plan, Developing an operational plan, Strategy implementation, and Strategy evaluation]
10.Improving the Effectiveness of Boards of Islamic Organizations [1 module, 1 hour]
The Islamic Management Series set can be ordered either from Dr. Beekun's online store at:
http://www.theislamicworkplace.com/Bo... or from http://www.shuracouncil.org.
The whole DVD set is $100, not including shipping, and is meant for Islamic organizations or leaders interested in training or continuous learning. Your purchases of our books and DVD support our research and teaching work in the area of Islamic Management.
This DVD series was produced in cooperation with the Islamic Shura Council of Southern California.
Standard YouTube License