Item Abuse TAS
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 22, 2009
11/25/10 edit - Happy Thanksgiving (to those that celebrate it)! As a little treat, I spent some time re-timing the annotations and implementing pause annotations again! Nearly anytime an annotation shows up, the video will pause for a full minute, so most people should be able to read all the annotations now.
Viddler mirror here. It has the original music, but no annotations, so take your pick.
Oh, and before people start asking, the audioswapped song is "Speak to Angels" by 009 Sound System. It was changed because somebody thought it was funny to flag this video for copyright infringement, and it muted the audio. Eh.
TASes are recordings of games "formed by constructing an input file slowly over time using an emulator as a tool to overcome human limitations such as skill and reflex, then playing the file back to give the impression that the game is played extraordinarily" (from TASVideos.org). Tools such as savestates, frame-advance (not used in this TAS), and slowdown are used extensively to produce superhuman play. Not the most fun thing to make, let me tell you (especially with ZSNES.)
If you wish to request a game for me to TAS, read my channel page description first for the "rules."
Hack created and requested by penangbenny
Don't mind the HUD difference after the non-scrolling castle and after the yellow switch-palace type area; penangbenny forgot to add those rooms in until after I was done with what he had already given me, and I was not about to re-do everything. Also, even though it says it's version 1.3, there is no big difference in the actual level (really, the main difference is that 1.7 has one or two different backgrounds, and a few more spike-walls to not allow some walljumps I made in the TAS.)
By the way, the TAS was made using ZSNES since it was back when snes9x didn't agree with my computer for some reason (it took until April 2010 to get the thing to agree with me.)
A few words from the hack creator, if you want to read them:
"This H***hole is made by me, Penangbenny.
This ROMhack was inspired by MoltovMarioWorld's Pit of Despair
This ROMhack level was mostly made to show Super Mario World pushed to its absolute limits requiring just basically every single glitch in the game and BEYOND. I have also made a TAS of my own H***hole, and will post it probably in May.
If you are insane enough to play it, the link is below:
Woot, my first honors.
#41 - Top Favorited (Today) - Gaming
I don't even remember putting the category to "Gaming"...
9/8/09 Edit - Wow, from 20,000 views to 100,000+ (120,000) views in 3 days. Just goes to show how popular reddit and digg are.
I like these comments so much, I feel the need to quote them in the description.
theant1987: "Good job, but the princess is in another castle. "
Amyntheri: "DO THE IMPOSSIBLE
SEE THE INVISIBLE"
cgraham720: "That's it. I have seen the meaning of life. Where's my gun? "
9ve: "you are terrible at this game "
safreight: "no god or kings
only dainegai. "
katiej7062: "dude go outside"
0mn2: "I remember one part in Super Mario World where you had to fly under the goal posts in order to get to one of the secret levels. That, in itself, took aeons for me to do because it basically required you to fly through a whole level of saws and other hazardous Miyamoto insanity.
When I saw the cape flying present in this video, I cried. I cried blood. And that's just the cape flying.
You are proof that evolution is no longer a theory, but a law. "
1jim3bob: "Stop stealing work from god."
callmeLilSparky: "I didn't know chuck noris played video games. "
TimelessMedley: "Since when could you play as Superman in Super Mario World?"
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Speak to Angels" on
009 Sound System
- 13:06 Hard Relay Marioby Matt HawkinsFeatured 990,257
- 13:27 TAS Super Mario Bros. 1 2 2J 3 Quad run in 10:39.75by f agwawa 802,393 views
- 8:37 Very Hard Mario TASby Adetque 63,761 views
- 5:13 Super Skill World TASby dainegai 164,080 views
- 8:56 "Cool or Cruel" (C | C) TAS (Part 1)by dainegai 84,485 views
- 6:30 Extreme Difficult Mario Hack - Part 1by ChristofBuch 278,961 views
- 4:45 Item Abuse TAS WIP Cancelledby Adetque 4,161 views
- 7:30 Worst Super Mario Player Everby monkokio 921,627 views
- 2:12 Pit of Despair TASby dainegai 85,435 views
- 98 videos Play all Super Mario Worldby Playalives
- 10:46 "Cool or Cruel" (C | C) TAS (Part 3)by dainegai 47,155 views
- 2:17 "Pit of Death" TASby dainegai 202,884 views
- 2:06 VVVVVV - "The Final Level" V Rankby dainegai 36,259 views
- 10:34 Super Mario World Cartoon [Mama Luigi]by Solracxealz 16,670,532 views
- 5:08 Super Skill World TAS Speedrunby SilentSlayers 73,542 views
- 4:19 Stupid Math - Drawing Pictures (TAS)by Ryuto138 58,936 views
- 9:41 TAS Mario Kart 64 N64 in 5:16 by Weathertonby webnations 719,548 views
- 8:16 Super Mario World Hack: Brutal Mario Bosses: Part 1by MetalYoshi4 350,820 views
- WebNations 1,507 videos29K
- 6:33 Super Mario Bros. 3 Bloopers Flash Videoby CandoraAuthes 15,890,046 views
- 8:53 Impossible Levels: Super Mario World Level 1by AsunaNegiKota 1,432,511 views
- 4:28 HARDEST GAME IN HISTORY SPEEDRUN - DRAGONS LAIR (NES 4:27)by PixelatedBros 346,430 views
- Loading more suggestions...