Jjajangmyun (noodles with black sauce)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 29, 2007
Noodles with black sauce! I remade this video, you can see the new version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Cm75...
Full recipe here: http://www.maangchi.com/recipes/jjaja...
This time I make Korean black bean noodles called "jja jang myun" (sometimes spelled jajangmyeon, jjajangmyeon, zzajangmyun, zhajiangmian, or jajangmyun).
Ingredients (for 4 servings):
Noodles (special "myun" for jjajangmyun), black bean paste, half pound of pork belly, sugar, olive oil, potato starch powder, sesame oil, Asian radish, sweet potato, zucchini, onion, cucumber.
See my website for photos and details of ingredients: http://www.maangchi.com/ingredients
1) Cut the of pork into ½ inch (1cm) cubes. Leave the skin on.
2) Add ½ tbs of olive oil to a heated wok. When that's hot, add the pork and stir fry it until it looks crispy.
3) When the pork is well cooked and the color turns golden brown, drain all the hot fat and set the pork aside. Leave it in the wok for later use
4) Heat a small skillet over medium heat with 2 tbs of vegetable oil. When that's hot, add 7 tbs of black bean paste and stir fry for 1 minute.
5) Remove the extra oil and set the black bean paste aside.
6) Cut all vegetables into 0.5 inch cubes and place them on a big plate or tray. You will end up with 1 cup of radish, 1 cup of potato, 1 cup of zucchini, and 2 cups of onion.
7) Reheat the crispy pork in your wok over high heat, and add 1 tbs of olive oil.
8) Add radish and sweet potato (or potato) and saute them for 2 minutes. Then add zucchini and onion and saute them for another 2 minutes.
9) Add 3 cups of water until all the ingredients are submerged, and close the lid and boil it for 15-20 minutes.
10) Open the lid of the wok and skim off the foam from the surface. Add the fried black bean paste from the small skillet and stir it up.
*tip: to check if ingredients are cooked or not, try a sample potato chunk. It should be cooked, not raw.
11) Mix 2-3 tbs potato starch powder (or corn starch) and 2 tbs water and add it into the boiling soup and stir it. then the soup ill turn into a sticky sauce.
12) Add 1 tbs sugar to the sauce and stir it
Now, let's cook the noodles ("myun")
For 2 servings, you will need one bunch of noodles from the package.
1) Boil water in a big pot, add the noodles and close the lid. Cook for a few minutes according to the direction on the package (around 3 minutes).
2) Try one sample noodle to check if it's cooked properly or not. It should be soft and not stiff at all. If it's cooked, drain the noodles and place them on a large plate or bowl.
3) Reheat the jjajang sauce and put it on the noodles
Don't eat it cold : ) Garnish with cucumber strips on the top of jjajang sauce and serve it with kimchi or yellow pickled radish.
Standard YouTube License
- 8:59 Noodles with blackbean sauce (Jjajangmyeon: 짜장면)by Maangchi Featured 310,089
- 9:51 Making japchae (Korean stir fried noodles and vegetables: 잡채)by Maangchi488,435 views
- 9:21 Kimbapby Maangchi394,187 views
- 8:03 Sweet pancakes (hoddeok:호떡)by Maangchi371,980 views
- 5:58 Korean Omelet Roll (계란말이)by EasyKoreanFood55,786 views
- 1:35 Korea Noodle kimchi -水キムチそうめん-죽여주는동치미국수-KARMSTVby seokarms35,172 views
- 7:15 Soondubu jjigae (hot and spicy soft tofu stew: 순두부찌개)by Maangchi767,551 views
- 10:53 Kimchiby Maangchi1,284,163 views
- 10:44 Korean grilled pork belly BBQ ("samgyeopsal":삼겹살)by Maangchi324,024 views
- 12:02 Rainbow rice cake ("mujigaeddeok":무지개떡)by Maangchi513,529 views
- 8:02 Jjajangmyeon Recipe, Jjajangmyun Recipe, Korean Noodles in Black Bean Sauce, 짜장면by Crazy Korean Cooking32,571 views
- 8:45 Korean spicy seafood noodle soup (jjampong:짬뽕)by Maangchi318,027 views
- 5:16 Korean Food: Bulgogi (Korean BBQ) (불고기)by Aeri's Kitchen315,896 views
- 10:17 Sujebi (hand-torn noodle soup:수제비)by Maangchi259,484 views
- 8:39 Triangle kimbap (samgak kimbap:삼각김밥)by Maangchi145,755 views
- 7:19 Korean Food: Bibimbap (비빔밥)by Aeri's Kitchen789,246 views
- 4:34 Korean Food: TteokBokKi (떡볶이)by Aeri's Kitchen632,576 views
- 9:07 Making kimchiby Maangchi1,287,544 views
- 6:37 Cucumber kimchi (oisobagi kimchi) and radish soup with beefby Maangchi374,093 views
- 9:12 Korean beef barbecue ("LA Galbi": 갈비)by Maangchi439,405 views
- Loading more suggestions...