The Frank Matthews Story: The Rise and Disappearance of America's Biggest Kingpin
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 15, 2012
Richer than Frank Lucas. More powerful than the Mafia. He was the biggest drug dealer in America. In 1973 he jumped bail and disappeared with 15 million dollars. He has never been seen again. Nearly four decades later, the fate of Frank Matthews remains a complete mystery.
"It's as if Matthews dropped off the face of the earth...", explains Mike Pizzi, a retired U.S. Marshal who was involved with the hunt for Matthews.
The documentary features rare archival footage, interviews with numerous sources who previously haven t talked on camera about Frank Matthews and never before seen photos of Matthews. The documentary explores several intriguing questions: how was Matthews been able to operate for several years without being detected? What was his relationship with La Cosa Nostra? Why did the CIA get involved in the Matthews investigation? Why has the mystery of his disappearance been so difficult to solve?
Born in 1944 in Durham, North Carolina, Matthews left his hometown when he was a teenager, going first to Philadelphia and then to New York City. By the early 70's, Frank Matthews had become America's biggest drug kingpin. His organization, headquartered in Brooklyn, stretched across more than 20 states, and he became the only Black gangster to establish direct ties to the French Connection heroin pipeline. Matthews' organization eventually outgrew even the Italian Mafia, and when he built himself a mansion in Staten Island's most exclusive neighborhood (and across the street from mobsters Paul Castellano and Three Finger Brown), he found himself on the verge of a war with La Cosa Nostra.
What happened to Frank Matthews? Despite one of the largest manhunts in US history, there is no proof as to whether he is alive or dead.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:38 American Gangster (3/11) Movie CLIP - Fed Up (2007) HDby movieclips Featured 275,645
- 1:53:57 M.I. YAYO - [Full Documentary] [Miami's Top 10 Hustla's All Time]by Pop-A-Lot Parker64,924 views
- 1:02:31 Superfly Untold story of Frank Lucasby Hood Movies103,133 views
- 48:44 Melvin Williams Fruit of a Forbidden Treeby BlackandNobel Books29,023 views
- 1:17:58 The Rayful Edmond Story Part 1by docsnstuff2012131,577 views
- 25:16 The Flukey Stokes Story [Full Documentary]by Pop-A-Lot Parker33,124 views
- 6 videos Play all Crime Documentariesby alprofit
- 1:01:19 The Alpo Storyby docsnstuff2012199,732 views
- 59:13 Butch Jones Leader Of Y.B.I. [Young Boyz Inc GANG] [Detriot] (Full Documentary)by Pop-A-Lot Parker23,809 views
- 53:15 The Karlton Hines Story (Full Documentary)by Pop-A-Lot Parker32,797 views
- 9:21 FRANK MATTHEWS INTERVIEWby Frank Matthews23,164 views
- 8:05 Freddie Myers "NY Freddie" speaks on Frank Matthewsby Hood Movies31,816 views
- 50:42 The Rayful Edmond Story Part II [M.R Washington D.C] [Full Documentary]by Pop-A-Lot Parker43,876 views
- 3:54 The Junior Black Mafia Story Available at Black and Nobelby BlackandNobel Books12,996 views
- 15:00 The Biggest Drug Kingpin & Gangster ever: Frank Matthews -the Real American Gangsterby Al Profit443,790 views
- 8:53 Calvin Klein Bacote 'The True Story Of The Brooklyn Don' P 1by mehmet arif43,055 views
- 16:28 EX DRUG DEALER BIMMY SMASHED EVELYN SAYS WAKA CRASHED HIS MAYBACHby Superstartvonline126,313 views
- 9:57 Widow of Bumpy Johnson Speaks; Refutes Frankl Lucasby dryerbuzz334,616 views
- 1:22:09 Detroit bankrupty documentary on Crime: Gangs, drug dealers, decline of the economyby Al Profit201,885 views
- 3:53 BMF WIVES "MARRIED TO THE GAME"by BMF Wives236,891 views