Pange Lingua Gloriosi - Tantum Ergo Sacramentum - Gregorian chant
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 6, 2012
http://www.ccwatershed.org/vatican/ Of the glorious Body telling, O my tongue, its mystery sing, and the Blood, all price excelling, which for this world's ransoming in a noble womb once dwelling he shed forth, the Gentiles King. 2. Giv'n for us, for us descending of a Virgin to proceed, man with man in converse blending scattered He the Gospel seed; till His sojourn drew to ending which He closed in wondrous deed. 3. At the last great Supper seated, circled by His brethren's band, all the Law required, completed in the feast its statutes planned, to the Twelve himself he meted for their food, with His own hand. 4. Word made flesh, by word he maketh very bread his Flesh to be; man for wine Christ's Blood partaketh; and if senses fail to see, faith alone the true heart waketh to behold the Mystery. 5. Therefore we, before it bending, this great sacrament adore: types and shadows have their ending in the new rite evermore; faith, our outward sense amending, maketh good defects before. 6. Honour, laud, and praise addressing to the Father and the Son, might ascribe we, virtue, blessing, and eternal benison: Holy Ghost, from both progressing, equal laud to thee be done. Amen.
1. Sing, O my tongue, and praise the mystery of the glorious body and the most precious blood, shed to save the world by the King of the nations, the fruit of a noble womb.
2. Unto us he was given, he was born unto us of a Virgin untainted and pure; he dwelt among us in the world, sowing the seeds of God's word; and he ended the time of his stay on earth in the most wondrous of fashions.
3. On his last night at supper, reclining at table in the midst of his brethren disciples, He fully observed the Ancient Law and partook of the Passover meal; and then, with his own hands, he gave himself up as food for the group of the Twelve.
4. The Word made flesh, by a simple word, makes of his flesh the true bread; the blood of Christ becomes our drink; and though senses cannot perceive, for confirming pure hearts in true belief, faith alone suffices.
5. In face of so great a mystery, therefore, let us bow down and worship; let precepts of the Ancient Law give way to the new Gospel rite; and let faith assist us and help us make up for what senses fail to perceive.
6. Unto the Father and the Son, our praise and our joyful singing; unto whom saving power, honour and might, and every holy blessing; and to the Spirit who proceeds from both, an equal tribute of glory. Amen.
Pange, lingua, gloriosi Corporis mysterium, Sanguinisque pretiosi, quem in mundi pretium fructus ventris generosi Rex effudit Gentium.
Nobis datus, nobis natus ex intacta Virgine, et in mundo conversatus, sparso verbi semine, sui moras incolatus miro clausit ordine.
In supremae nocte coenae recumbens cum fratribus observata lege plene cibis in legalibus, cibum turbae duodenae se dat suis manibus.
Verbum caro, panem verum verbo carnem efficit: fitque sanguis Christi merum, et si sensus deficit, ad firmandum cor sincerum sola fides sufficit.
Tantum ergo Sacramentum veneremur cernui: et antiquum documentum novo cedat ritui: praestet fides supplementum sensuum defectui.
Genitori, Genitoque laus et jubilatio, salus, honor, virtus quoque sit et benedictio: Procedenti ab utroque compar sit laudatio.
Standard YouTube License
- 12:41 Gregorian chant - Te Deumby Lorber BernardFeatured 74,720
- 6:33 Mejor Película Católica del mundo 2013 (Video Impresionante)by Kanał użytkownika liderlider 25,002 views
- 1:56 Tantum Ergo Sacramentumby Mignarda lute song duo 57,908 views
- 15:46 AVE MARIS STELLA, Inno Gregoriano, Studio G. Vianini. Milano, It.by abcdefg1940 9,712 views
- 5:29 Pope John Paul II chants the Pater Noster - Il Papa Giovanni Paolo II canta il Pater Nosterby dies1domini's channel 138,749 views
- 1:24 Tantum Ergo Sacramentumby Angel♥♥♥ 1,153 views
- 16 videos Play all Adoracion Tantum ergo Sacramentumby sergioensbc1
- 7:29 adoro te devoteby Danilo Pagotto 352,147 views
- 3:09 Gregorian - Pange linguaby Matthew Collett 286,462 views
- 12:45 TANTUM ERGO, Inno Gregoriano, Studio G. Vianini.Milano, It.by organavocis 3,413 views
- 1:25 Tantum ergo Sacramentumby Catholic Traditions 137,561 views
- 3:37 Veni Creator Spiritus (Pentecost, Hymn)by Stephan George 78,172 views
- 8:39 Gregorian chant - Deum verumby Callixtinus 512,651 views
- 3:30 Coro de Cámara Molto Allegro - Pange lingua, Kodaly -by Oscar Mesías Rey 15,294 views
- 8:44 The Best of Blanche Devereauxby Jaoyte 50,378 views
- 5:46 Placido Domingo sings "Salve Regina" by G. Pucciniby musicin37 5,009 views
- 4:50 Inno di S. Tommaso D'Aquino, PANGE LINGUA, Studio di Giovanni Vianini, Milano, Italiaby vianinigiovanni 16,598 views
- 3:18 JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH: CHORAL "TANTUM ERGO" - XAVER VARNUS (ORGAN) AND THE BUDAPEST OPERA CHOIR 5/7by Xaver Varnus 63,057 views
- 4:09:20 Vivaldi - Complete Cello Concertos (Ofra Harnoy)by messer citraz 491,012 views
- 3:09 GLORIA IN EXCELSIS DEO !!! LATINby johnrigs1234 46,767 views
- 1:50 Tantum Ergoby Christopher Weirich 244,227 views
- Loading more suggestions...