Vivaldi, Winter, Four Seasons (Allegro), with animated score
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 6, 2010
The first movement of Antonio Vivaldi's "Winter" (from The Four Seasons)), performed by the orchestra of the US Air Force Band.
Q: Where can I get free sheet music of this piece (opus 8 #4, RV297)?
Q: Where can I get this recording?
A: Here (right-click this link to download it):
or, that doesn't work, try this:
Q: How did you get the animation synchronized with the recording?
A: First I entered the score into the notation program Sibelius. Then, I made a half-speed version of the recording (with the Amazing Slow-Downer software), and adjusted the notation to match (added the ornaments, shortened notes, mistakes made by the performers, etc). Then, while listening to the half-speed recording, I recorded a MIDI click-track. Finally, I fed the score and the click-track into some software I wrote, which adjusted the timings of score to match the click-track. The adjusted version of the score is what my animation software takes as input.
Q: Is there a way I could make the bar-graph scores myself?
A: The Music Animation Machine MIDI file player will generate this display; you can get the (Windows) software here:
There are lots of places on the web where you can get MIDI files; I usually go to the Classical Archives site first:
Q: Why don't you show the notes of the harpsichord?
A: There are various reasons, some aesthetic, some practical, some conceptual. Vivaldi did not write a harpsichord part; it was the practice at the time for the harpsichord player to improvise a part from the bass line. The notes of the harpsichord are often harder to hear than the notes of the bowed strings, so it would have been difficult to transcribe them from the recording. In a large ensemble like this, the role of the harpsichord is akin to the role of the rhythm section in a large jazz band, in which the pitches aren't as important as the timing, holding the group together. And the notes of the harpsichord aren't as interesting visually as those of the bowed strings.
Q: Could you please do a video of ______?
A: Please read this:
Standard YouTube License
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 3:31 Vivaldi, Spring, Allegro (Four Seasons)by smalinFeatured 128,635
- 23:49 Beethoven, Symphony 9, 4th movement (complete) Ode to Joy), Presto, Philharmonia Baroqueby smalin 522,617 views
- 13:34 Beethoven, Symphony 9, 2nd movement (complete), Molto vivace, Philharmonia Baroqueby smalin 1,487,612 views
- 3:58 Chopin, Nocturne in E-flat Major, opus 9 no.2, Piano Solo (animated score)by smalin 974,840 views
- 8:19 Beethoven, Symphony 7, Allegretto, mvt 2by smalin 5,502,849 views
- 11:00 Vivaldi - The Four Seasons - Summer , Julia Fischer (HD)by rafaeljpl 964,973 views
- 7:39 Mozart, Requiemby smalin 210,820 views
- 8:34 Bach, Toccata and Fugue in D minor, organby smalin 19,819,503 views
- 4:31 Debussy: Rêverie (1890)by DesAbends 411,926 views
- 2:51 David Garrett-Summer - From The Four Seasons (Vivaldi)by petrovborisg 3,009,197 views
- 7:38 Beethoven, 5th Symphonyby smalin 4,235,108 views
- 7:30 Beethoven, 5th Symphony, 1st mvt. ("triangles")by smalin 158,003 views
- 6:22 Moonlight Sonataby beethovenslady 51,562,370 views
- 8:54 Mozart - Requiemby madhammu 30,902,326 views
- 15 videos Play all Vivaldi Four Seasonsby bitemelol101
- 16:42 Beethoven, op. 132, 3rd mvt., Heiliger Dankgesang, string quartet (animated score)by smalin 145,368 views
- 7:33 Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata (animated score, 1st mvt.) piano soloby smalin 3,706,567 views
- 3:28 Vivaldi Four Seasons Summer Theme Cover GH1by JoeTMR 571,853 views
- 3:25 COB (Alexi Laiho) cover Vivaldi's Four Seasons Summer Themeby EngAnash 1,664,093 views
- 8:09 Mozart, Symphony 40, G minor, first movementby musanim 441,353 views
- 9:41 Vivaldi Spring The Four Seasons High Qualityby caballerohorus 881,314 views
- Loading more suggestions...