How to Create an Adobe Flash Web Site
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 9, 2009
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more How to Use Adobe Flash videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/571-How...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
Spice up your online presence by creating your own Flash site. Here's how.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Create new Flash document
In the Adobe Flash program, select "Flash File (Actionscript 3.0)" from the "Create New" menu. Switch the workspace layout by clicking on the dropdown menu in the upper left of the top menu bar, and selecting "Designer." You can adjust the size and color of the document by adjusting the settings in the "Properties" panel.
Step 2: Create new layers
Divide your Flash document into four layers: Actions, Background, Menu, and Pages. To do this, go to the Flash timeline, and click three times on the "New Layer" icon so you have four layers total. Rename each one by double-clicking on the name, or holding the mouse down on a Mac.
Step 3: Adding a background
To add a background image, select the Background layer from the timeline. Then, go to File, Import, and Import to Stage, and select the image you want to use. You can change the size of the background in the Properties panel once the image is imported.
To prevent accidental changes, lock a layer by clicking on the second dot directly to the right of the layer name. The dot should change to a padlock icon.
Step 4: Create the navigational menu
Select the Menu layer from the timeline. From the top menu, select Windows, Components. In the window that appears, double-click the Button component under the User Interface section, which adds a button to the document. Position the button where you want the menu to be. Repeat this process to add as many menu buttons as you need.
Step 5: Enhancing the buttons
Select the first menu button you added. In Properties, change the instance name to "button1." Change the name displayed on the button by selecting Windows, Component Inspector from the top menu. In the resulting window, change the label value. Continue this process for the remaining buttons.
Make sure the instance name is a relevant label with no spaces, capital letters, or special characters.
Step 6: Add a title
To add a title to your web site, select the text tool from the Tools panel. In Properties, change text attributes, like the number of lines, font, color, and size. Then, click on your document to add text.
Step 7: Create the content container
Create pages to add content to your site. Select the Pages layer from the timeline, and then click on the rectangle tool in the Tools panel. Adjust color and transparency from the Color panel. Then, draw a rectangle on the document to match the size you want your content to be.
Step 8: Hold Shift
Add pages in the Pages layer. Hold down the Shift key, and select the Background layer. This will select every layer except for Actions.
Step 9: Copy and paste to add pages
Right-click (or command-click for Mac) the first frame of the Pages layer and select Copy Frames. Right-click the second frame in the Pages layer, and select Paste Frames. This is where the second page will be. Continue this process for as many pages as you need.
Step 10: Adding content
Add content. Select the first frame of the Pages layer. In Properties, change the label name to "page1." Then, use the text tool from the tools panel to create the text for the first page. When you are satisfied, go back to the Pages layer, select the second frame, and repeat the process. Continue until you have content for each page.
Step 11: Create the Actionscript
Select the first frame of the Actions layer and hit F9. In the Actions window, type a stop script to stop the pages from cycling. Hit Enter to go to the next line, and create a function for ea
Standard YouTube License
- 37:28 Adobe Flash Tutorial- How to Draw a Cartoon Characterby Incredible Tutorials Featured 549,209
- 4:30 How to Make a Wallet from a Computer Keyboardby Howcast676,011 views
- 128 videos Play all Flash Tutorials CS3 CS4 ActionScript 3.0 Websiteby flashbuilding
- 4:21 How to Create an Adobe Flash Slide Showby Howcast159,703 views
- 3:43 How to Create an Adobe Flash Preloader Screenby Howcast45,603 views
- 2:57 How to Animate in Adobe Flashby Howcast48,036 views
- 26:32 Flash Tutorial: Create A Simple Flash Website -HD-by RiverCityGraphix93,582 views
- 14:57 How to Make An Awesome Flash Website Free In Minutesby acecodemaster57,467 views
- 9:52 How To Make An Advanced Flash Website Part 1 (Full HD 1920x1080)by EthernetKid56,329 views
- 8:51 Make A Free Flash Website From Scratchby Tinkernut100,630 views
- internetexplorer 118 videos54K
- 31:25 Animating a character, start to finish (in Flash)by Draw with Jazza79,590 views
- 18:50 Flash Tutorial: Growing Vines Flourish Animations Tutorialby tutvid492,261 views
- 34:01 The Basics: Animating in Adobe Flashby Draw with Jazza24,831 views
- 10:56 Flash Tutorial: Create a Simple Image Gallery! -HD-by RiverCityGraphix421,311 views
- 8:38 Creating a Simple Flash Website - Part Oneby arbennettuk12,982 views
- 4:08 AKB48 - Oogoe Diamondby 2012Musicworld263,039 views
- 9:16 Flash Tutorial: Create an Image Gallery with Next and Previous Buttons! -HD-by RiverCityGraphix354,835 views
- 15:54 Adobe Flash - Animação de Personagens com Bone - Parte 01by Chico Vargas57,435 views
- 8:38 Fake Adobe Flash Player Installer and Redirect Virusby Britec0956,552 views