Abandoned Mental Hospital part three
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 5, 2006
The Metropolitan State Hospital was an American public hospital for the mentally ill, located in the city of Waltham, Massachusetts. The Gaebler Children's Center for mentally ill youths was located on the grounds of the hospital. It was closed in January 1992 as a result of the state's cost-cutting policy of closing its mental hospitals and moving patients into private care. Since being closed, it has become a popular destination for "urban explorers" as well as curious locals, especially teenagers, despite security measures and safety risks. As of 2005, the large complex of buildings is being gradually demolished.
It should not be confused with the Metropolitan State Hospital in California.
Patient Murder Scandal: In 1978, Metropolitan State patient Anne Marie Davee was murdered by another patient, Melvin W. Wilson. Wilson dismembered Davee's body and kept seven of her teeth which were discovered in his possession by employees of the hospital. Despite this discovery and its obvious implications, no action was taken against Wilson until Massachusetts State Senator Sen. Jack Backman (D-Brookline) led a Senate investigation into the case along with 19 other reports of negligence by state mental health workers. On August 12, 1980 Wilson led investigators to at least three burial sites where he put pieces of Davee's body. Much of the material evidence in the case had been destroyed or gone missing. This evidence included a "hut" in the woods where Davee and Wilson met, clothes and even sheets which hospital employees discovered the day after her disappearance. Nearly two months after her murder, another search by hospital staff yielded pieces of Davee's clothing and belongings along with a hatchet, the supposed murder weapon. See also "All of God's Little Angel's," a documentary/dead website. In the early 1960's, Met State had an active children's ward. Before the Davee/Wilson case, more than two dozen preteens died and were buried on the grounds. It is rumored that the preteens were poisoned with strontium that had been put in their milk by doctors believing it would treat them. It is generally thought to be haunted by local children and teenagers.
Standard YouTube License
- 0:31 Abandoned Mental Hospital part fourby nicklehood2,838 views
- 34:48 Pennhurst State School & Hospital.. Living Dead Paranormal.. WARNING!!!! Disturbing Images..by fourman045,207 views
- 22:14 schizophrenic patient attacks sleeping man in a mental hospitalby mrtksn121,888 views
- 16:35 Abandoned Pennhurst State School and Hospitalby Abandoned Steve4,188 views
- 1:33:50 Hospital Maldito (Habitación 333)by bolare con tu hermana504,866 views
- 50:30 Urban Exploration: Abandoned Psychiatric Hospital - NYby TheUnknownCameraman21,706 views
- 35:54 Suffer The Little Children, Pennhurst State Home: Eugenics + Social Services - Pennsylvaniaby mamasuntwinkle346,111 views
- 1:48:14 Les infiltres Hôpital psychiatrique les abandonnés.by Damien Beyer17,128 views
- 8:14 World's Best Guitar Player Unbelievableby Ahmar Ali3,813,249 views
- 10:25 Kabaret Skeczów Męczących Szpital Psychiatrycznyby CabaretCompany30,691 views
- 2:33 Willowbrook State School Exposed. Unbelievable.by raiseyou1125,836 views
- 46:58 Inside Broadmoor - Documentry 2002by JoeDnufc4life57,880 views
- 3:46 Inside a mental hospitalby MortenErCrazy187,944 views
- 24:48 Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital [Part 1]by abandonedNJ59,384 views
- 17:53 Urban Exploration: Abandoned Isolation Hospital - NJby TheUnknownCameraman95,230 views
- 7:15 Haunted: Psychiatric Hospitalby orteca54,308 views
- 7:38 My Willowbrook Experienceby Judy Moiseff1,853 views
- 6:43 SWIRLING(Yellow & Black Custom Guitar)by MrDean20055,326,024 views
- 11:58 Metropolitan State Hospital and the Fernald Centerby Daniel Masciari1,329 views
- 3:29 North Korea children playing the guitar. Creepy as hell.by thehypnoguy118,498,068 views
- Loading more suggestions...