This video is unavailable.
Motorola DROID - How to Create a Nandroid Backup - Part 1
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 9, 2010
PLEASE READ - PLEASE READ - PLEASE READ - PLEASE READ
***** NEW STEP ADDED****
Step number 3 has been changed, please make sure you do this, it was NOT covered in the video, I'm so sorry.. Thank you to all that have pointed this out.
Before doing anything you MUST BE ROOTED
How to root your droid
Download this file
Follow this guide if you need extra help
Download DroidRootHelper and Terminal Emulator (Jack Pelvich) Both can be found FREE in the market.
Open DroidRootHelper, Click menu and download the TOOLS - Click on GET THE TOOLS
After downloadin the TOOLS from DroidRootHelper, you must extract them (becuase its a zip file) to the root of the sd card. Keep the folder named TOOLS.
Install chmod Busybox
Install chmod flash_image
Flash Recovery 99.1b
Unmount System mtdblock 4
In recovery mode create a back up file using advanced nandroid back up, Check all boxes then click perform backup, once done use power button to cycle back out, and reboot.
Update recovery to latest version- Copy Recovery-0.99.2b.img file to the ROOT of your SD card, you must be mounted via USB to do so. Now you can use Terminal Emulator to input the commands shown on my monitor, this will update you to the 99.2b.
Rename the backup file you just created, mount your phone via USB, locate your backup inside the folder called Nandroid, click on the folder that says BSD-0009879- etc... right click and rename the folder to what you are comfortable with, copy that folder to your desktop or location that you want to save it to on your computer.
Open up terminal emulator and type in commands EXACTLY like I am showing... Then reboot recovery and your done =D
Standard YouTube License
- 8:03 Motorola DROID - How to Create a Nandroid Backup - Part 2by DroidReview 45,968 views
- 6:09 Motorola Droid Froyo Install Part Oneby xxGadgetReviewsxx 19,512 views
- 9:05 How To Install a Custom Rom(Smoked Glass) HDby Tyler Stark 44,996 views
- 5:15 How to make nandroid backupsby Justin Murphy 22,824 views
- 8:01 Droid with Bugless Beast V 1.1 @ 1Ghzby damstr 27,055 views
- 4:57 How To Install a Custom Kernel and Overclock Motorola Droidby Andrew Xie 62,763 views
- 9 videos Play all Android How-To Videosby SirThumpaLot420
- 2:33 How To - Backup an Android Phone (www.TheUnlockr.com)by MobileUnlimited 33,573 views
- 7:26 How to: Easy One Click Root Droid 2.2 & Froyo with z4root FREE APPby Corradokid05 666,875 views
- 7:50 Deleting Factory Apps On Androidsby rigor royena 166,099 views
- 2:48 How To - Root Your Android Phone (SuperOneClick Method) - www.TheUnlockr.comby MobileUnlimited 1,514,648 views
- 8:53 Android: How To Backup & Restore All Apps & Settingsby 96edwysMobile 91,668 views
- 4:29 AndroidandMe.com - SholesMod Highlightsby oxeneers 7,074 views
- 10:08 Tethering on the Motorola Droidby MrBriantek 75,165 views
- 7:55 Motorola DROID - 2.1 Apps Galore (Review) + Beautiful Widgets Updateby JohnPariahPWX 60,631 views
- 7:16 Nandroid Backup/Restore Reduxby MrBlackElvis 12,073 views
- 5:52 How to Root Sprint HTC Hero(flashrec method) and install custom romby William Hartley 79,014 views
- 12:52 How to make a nandroid backup and restore,flash Midnight ROMby qbking77 20,837 views
- 4:58 Easy Root: First Root of Android 2.2 Froyo!by Nathan Grebowiec 290,273 views
- 14:55 SUPER EASY! Backup, Flash and Restore a Custom ROM (Android)by Christopher Chavez 72,225 views
- 10:54 Motorola Droid - How to install custom ROM's - The EASY way!by DroidReview 116,362 views
- Loading more suggestions...