Shadow turns blue
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 19, 2009
This is taken from an episode of a tv show. The show states that the dog is aggressive to other dogs. Generally, in this type of case, a certified applied animal behaviorist would start working at a distance where the dog wasn't reactive and work on training the dog alternate appropriate behavior, such as focusing on them, heeling, playing games, etc.
Positive reinforcement would be used so that the dog learns that good things happen when he behaves appropriately around the other dogs. He would not be allowed to get rewards for bad behavior.
Watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCl6n... for an example of training a dog aggressive dog to focus on the trainer so he can make a positive association with the other dog. Once he is trained, he can be introduced to new dog in 10 minutes or less.
What to look for in this video:
1) Why does this dog initially attack? Generally when a dog stops the attack and is stationary, that is your chance to redirect his attention. What does this trainer do?
2) Pressure around the neck closes the airway and can cause a gag reflex, look for signs of gulping. How many time do you see the dog gulp?
3) When a nylon or leather noose tightens around the neck, it doesn't loosen on its own once pressure is released. Note the tightness of the leash.
4) When a dog has its oxygen cut off for an extended period of time, their blood oxygen drops. They collapse and their tongue turns blue. Their respiratory rate is elevated as they try to breathe in more oxygen. Is this dog relaxed when its laying on its side or is it recovering from a stressful event? Also notice the pool of urine when the dog finally gets up.
5) Penis crowning (when the penis sticks out of the sheath) is a sign of arousal, similar to raised hackles. Some dogs may exhibit this behavior when they are on red alert due to fear or other emotionally charged situations.
Standard YouTube License
- 45:50 Dog Whisperer Episode with Siberian Huskyby dsapitulaFeatured 276,056
- 45:49 The Dog Whisperer - S06E10 - Most Aggressive Breedsby stasiek78a 600,655 views
- 2:23 Dog Whisperer Pit Bull Fight.aviby Lane556ful 278,785 views
- 23:13 How to avoid food and toy aggression on dogs by Cesar Milanby lawrenz209's channel 45,916 views
- 14:32 Cesar Millan vs Positive Trainingby caromom97 24,944 views
- 25:03 Dangerous Pitbull Terrier in Dog Whisperer Full Episodeby Dominador Jr. Castro 2,993,293 views
- 5:33 THE DOG WHISPERER, CESAR MILLAN, on THE O'REILLY FACTORby STOP BREEDING PARROTS ~ADOPT~ A HOMELESS BIRD!!! 826,680 views
- 3 videos Play all Cesar Millan Dog Abuseby Lumisatmi
- 4:13 A Super Agressive Pit Bul Mix Meets his match!by Richard Heinz 733,522 views
- 6:44 Cesar kicking dogs (Abuse).mp4by caroljj53 164,034 views
- 8:54 Cesar's Dog Training Video: Aggression During Feedingby Cesar Millan 428,964 views
- 2:43 Jaw-Dropping Control of Aggressive Pit - Kevin of DogSecretsby 10star1 356,769 views
- 7:17 Warning About Huskiesby WrightNWright 584,016 views
- 10:44 Wild Dog - Dog Whispererby waldemar sean zac quillian 274,457 views
- 3:32 SHOCK Cesar Millan - collare elettrico su cane.mp4by Monica Stefano 161,989 views
- 6:55 Jaw-Dropping Dog Training Skills Being Put to the Test !!!by 10star1 178,443 views
- 4:21 Top 10 Difficult Cases: Dieselby Animal Planet 593,544 views
- 12:35 Cesar Millan - Hyperactive dogs 1by locikus 258,696 views
- 4:50 Dog Whisperer: Shell Shockedby NationalGeographic 1,063,789 views
- 10:24 Cesar Millan - German shepherd 1by locikus 490,237 views
- 1:44 Cesar Millan on Good vs. Bad Dog Breedsby WatchMojo 35,460 views
- Loading more suggestions...