VILE HYPOCRISY EXPOSED by reporter doing his job.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 9, 2012
Rare reporter dares to challenge, even on ISRAEL, U.S. foreign policy hypocrisy. See transcript below [or click CC above]:
So the next time Human Rights Watch comes out with a report that's critical of Israel for its treatment of the Palestinians, I'll assume that you're going to be saying the same thing, correct? That you think that the report is credible, it's based on eyewitness accounts?
Uh, as --
And you're not going to say that it's politically motivated and should be dismissed?
You know Matt, as you have made clear again and again in this room, we are not always consistent.
"Associated Press' Matt Lee is one of those rare reporters who frequently challenges U.S. foreign policy hypocrisy, both in general and, even more rarely, as it pertains to the nation's support for Israel."
As Glenn Greenwald points out, "a remarkably revealing exchange."
Check it out in context.
VICTORIA NULAND, spokesperson for State Department: Listen, before we leave Syria, I just want to take the opportunity, if you didn't see it, to draw your attention to the Human Rights Watch report that was released today that identifies some 27 detention centers that Human Rights Watch says Syrian Government intelligence agencies have been using since the Assad crackdown on pro-democracy protestors. The report found that tens of thousands of Syrians are in detention by regime security and intelligence agencies and that the regime is carrying out inexplicable, horrific acts of torture, including -- well, I'm not going to repeat them here, but I'll leave it to you to read the report. And, you know, in many cases, the Human Rights Watch asserts that even children have been subject to torture by the Assad regime.
AP reporter Matt Lee: Do you see that report as credible and solid, and you're putting -- you're endorsing it? I mean, you're saying --
Victoria Nuland: We have no reason to believe that it is not credible. It's based on eyewitness accounts, and they're reporting from a broad cross-section of human rights figures inside Syria.
Matt Lee: So the next time Human Rights Watch comes out with a report that's critical of Israel for its treatment of the Palestinians, I'll assume that you're going to be saying the same thing, correct; that you think that the report is credible, it's based on eyewitness accounts?
Victoria Nuland: Uh, as --
Matt Lee: And you're not going to say that it's politically motivated and should be dismissed?
Victoria Nuland: You know Matt, as you have made clear again and again in this room, we are not always consistent. Goyal --
Matt Lee: So, in other words, anything that Human Rights Watch says that is critical of someone you don't like, that's okay; but once they criticize someone that you do like, then it's not worth the paper it's printed on?
Victoria Nuland: Uh, Matt, I'm not going to get into colloquy on this one. Goyal.
India Globe reporter Raghubit Goyal: India.
Victoria Nuland: Yeah.
Raghubit Goyal: As far as India-Pakistan relations are con-
How much longer are we going to allow our government to act like this?
To perpetrate this vile hypocrisy? And it's this vile hypocrisy that's getting Americans killed. Let's work together to expose and end this hypocrisy. Please use the tools below to share this video. Don't make a copy of it, use the tools below to share this video. Please subscribe, join the email list, twitter, Facebook. Click here for more videos→
Daily Press Briefing - July 3, 2012 U.S. Department of State Daily Press Briefing by Spokesperson Victoria Nuland in Washington, DC.
AND get this: Victoria Nuland is married to Robert Kagan, a neocon. See Philip Weiss's blog post: "No problem-- Obama's State Dep't spokesperson is married to Romney's neocon foreign policy adviser" http://mondoweiss.net/2011/10/no-prob...
Thanks to Matt Lee for pointing out the hypocrisy and Glenn Greenwald http://www.salon.com/2012/07/07/vario...
and Philip Weiss http://mondoweiss.net/2012/07/state-d...
★ Please Subscribe → http://www.Tinyurl.com/YouTubeSub
★ Please Subscribe → http://www.Tinyurl.com/JoinEmail
★ Click here for more videos→
Also see this playlist which includes videos on North Korea, Vietnam and more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfEIXy...
"bomb squad X-rayed packages found inside the van but did not find any explosives, " bomb-sniffing dogs reacted as if they had detected explosives, although officers were unable to find anything." from: Five men detained as suspected conspirators http://web.archive.org/web/2001123019...
Standard YouTube License
- 2:26 State Department Spokesperson Avoiding Questions on What is the Capital of Israelby Zion SquareFeatured 3,296
- 3:45 Israel's Deputy PM admits Iran DIDN'T threaten to wipe Israel outby RepresentativePress 16,782 views
- 4:13 9/11 Motive & Media Betrayalby RepresentativePress 81,015 views
- 5:30 McCain Confronted on USS Liberty Cover-up & Media Accomplicesby RepresentativePress 32,059 views
- 3:01 Chomsky explains who U.S. leaders work for and what they have done.by RepresentativePress 75,038 views
- 58:06 THE OTHER ISRAEL [full documentary]by theTRUTHprincess 362,509 views
- 7:40 Proof that Israel is responsible for 911, 1/2by Fr33truth 246,382 views
- 2:17 Ex-CIA head OWNS on Israel. MUST SEE!!!by Drigger95 107,449 views
- 17:35 The Dangerous Global Consequences of a Syria Interventionby TheRealNews 50,953 views
- 6:12 AP writer pwned State Department on Human Rights Abuse of Bradley Manningby raphi72 24,055 views
- 3:02 palestine - UNESCO : Matthew Lee destroying State Department spokesperson Victoria Nulandby myad09 9,387 views
- 8:20 (Timeline) U.S. Dollar Road To Destruction From Loss Of Value To Loss Of Demand!by MoneyBags73 60,583 views
- 9:20 George Galloways BEST clip EVER...UNMISSABLE !!!!!!!!!!by molucca Red 10,000 views
- 24:12 9/11 TRUTH: Jewish Ex-Marine SPEAKS OUT on Israeli Involvement (MUST WATCH)by theTRUTHprincess 263,482 views
- 7:08 Israel's Forced Eugenics Exposed | Brainwash Updateby breakingtheset 15,297 views
- 48:41 45 minutes President Bashar Al-Assad interview with Barbara Walters from ABC News on 07-12-2011by fadiii2000 85,534 views
- 4:42 Noam Chomsky - On Chinaby koloneltuesday 22,857 views
- 1:17 This is why Ron Paul is called an "anti-semite" (he dares speak the truth about the Israeli Lobby)by theTRUTHprincess 55,918 views
- 11:03 Syria: the horror of Homs, a city at warby Channel4News 1,397,791 views
- 12:09 Glenn Greenwald Destroys Typical Stupid Logic on 4th Amendment Rightsby JeremyZ83 258 views
- Loading more suggestions...