The Soggy Bottom Boys: You are my sunshine
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 4, 2009
This is a song from the movie "O brother where art thou" Didn´t tought that this one was already on youtube, even tough i looked for it before uploading this one, but I guess I´ll just go with this one now.
I got some interesting comments by from the user CrazyCharlieManson, who posted some background information about the song, and I think it was well worth putting up on the description for evryone to see. Or you can look at the comments themselves. Big deal.
"You Are My Sunshine" performed by...
Norman Blake born Mar 10 1938 in Chattanooga, TN. Acoustic guitar flatpicker, multi-instrumentalist and vocalist. In his over 50 year career Blake has played with a number of folk, country and bluegrass groups.
Oliver Hood never thought of copyrighting his music - never until "You Are My Sunshine" rose to the top of the charts in 1940. It was then that Oliver Hood began copyrighting his music - one song too late. In 1957 he wrote and copyrighted "Somebody Stole My Sunshine Away," about the theft of "You Are My Sunshine." . Somewhere the sun is shining, But there's rain in my heart today. There's no denying My heart keeps crying -
Somebody stole my shunshine away.
Paul Rice claimed to have composed it in 1937.
A lot of people remembered hearing the song long before 1937- in the mid
1930's. Paul Rice played in the early
1930's with Oliver Hood of LaGrange, GA.
Oliver Hood wrote "You Are My Sunshine." He wrote the words to the song on the back of a brown paper sack, which his children still possess, and he first performed the song at a VFW convention in LaGrange in 1933.
Jimmie Davis and Charles Mitchell are the credited songwriters of "You Are My Sunshine". Davis bought the song and rights from Paul Rice for $35 and put his own name on it in 1940. Two versions of "You Are My Sunshine" were recorded and released prior to Jimmie Davis's. The first was recorded on Aug 22, 1939 by The Pine Ridge Boys, from Atlanta.The second was recorded on Sept 13, 1939 by The Rice Brothers Gang.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "You Are My Sunshine" on
- 35 videos Play all YouTube Mix - The Soggy Bottom Boys: You are my sunshine
- 4:17 Santana Feat. Rob Thomas - Smoothby SantanaVEVO Featured 842,071
- 4:24 9-Year-Old Plays Banjo on David Letterman Show - Sleepy Man Banjo Boysby sleepymanbanjoboys6,071,192 views
- 3:29 O Brother Where Art Though - The Soggy Bottom Boys - I Am Aby BroadcastingKID5,457,976 views
- 3:11 Soggy Bottom Boys - I'm A Man Of Constant Sorrowby 1DoubleJosh15,800,772 views
- 4:11 Alison Krauss and Union Station - Man of Constant Sorrow [Live]by dahliacorona1,032,310 views
- 7:05 O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU - Constant Sorrowby funnymovieclips4,095,384 views
- 4:12 Dueling Banjos Deliveranceby Aaron Mcclain9,353,783 views
- 15 videos Play all You Are My Sunshineby 1morehouse4me
- 3:00 O' BROTHER- DELMAR'S BAPTISMby MegaKAL1356,540 views
- 2:42 In The Jailhouse Nowby LibiisSKS646,368 views
- 4:31 Steve Earle - Copperhead Roadby SteveEarleVEVO12,151,220 views
- 3:23 Soggy Bottom Boys- I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrowby bigmanio10,795,870 views
- 5:37 Dil Ne Yeh Kaha Hai 2 (Dhadkan)by Venus Movies1,215,232 views
- 3:48 OFFICIAL Somewhere over the Rainbow - Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwoʻoleby mountainapplecompany93,082,016 views
- 3:12 Alison Krauss-Gillian Welch - I'll Fly Awayby jaroski72,860,896 views
- 2:33 Go To Sleep You Little Baby (in sync)by Eduard Cabuy1,139,923 views
- 14:06 NBA Crazy Bloopersby peristeri23mc3,506,251 views
- 3:26 Johnny Cash - You are my Sunshine Originalby Tanktiger181,831,189 views
- 2:44 Only 4 Yearsold - Hank Williams Jr.Jambalayaby runerask1236,060,299 views
- 3:05 You, My Love - Frank Sinatra and Doris Day (from the 1954 movie "Young at Heart")by somefavs312,158 views