How to Make Candy Sushi
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 8, 2010
Watch more Introduction to Sushi Making videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/209-Int...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
Follow these steps to learn how to make candy sushi.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Heat the butter and marshmallows
Heat the butter and marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl on high for 2 minutes. Stir the mixture and then microwave for an additional minute.
Step 2: Add cereal, flatten into sheets, and cool
Add the cereal, stirring until it's coated. Use a spatula to flatten the mixture onto three wax paper-lined 12-inch by 7-inch baking sheets.
Use chocolate-flavored cereal to make your candy sushi look like brown rice rolls.
Step 3: Trim the cereal sheets into rectangles
Allow the mixture to cool completely. Then use a knife to cut each sheet in half, trimming the edges of the sheets to make six rectangles.
Step 4: Place candy at the end of the sheets, and roll
Place a few gummy worms, fish, or licorice sticks at the short edge of one cereal sheet. Roll the sheet around the candy once, until the cereal just overlaps, and then trim the remainder.
Step 5: Wrap a fruit roll-up around the candy roll
Wrap fruit leather tightly around your candy roll. Gently squeeze it to make your sushi together.
Use green fruit leather to imitate the seaweed used in traditional sushi.
Step 6: Slice the roll into eight even pieces
Run a sharp knife under very warm water to heat it. Then cut the roll into eight even pieces.
Step 7: Continue to roll and cut candy sushi, and serve
Continue to roll and cut candy sushi until all of the cereal sheets are gone. Then arrange them on a plate, get your chopsticks, and eat.
Did You Know?
Mildred Day invented Rice Krispie treats in the 1930s as a fundraiser for the Camp Fire Girls. Soon after, Kellogg's began printing her recipe on their cereal boxes.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:04 How to Make Sugar Glassby HowcastFeatured 269,052
- 2:59 How to Make a Kappa Maki Rollby Howcast 357,678 views
- 2:44 How to Make Lollipopsby Howcast 703,693 views
- 2:01 How To Make Rock Candyby Howcast 215,915 views
- 4:08 How To Eat Sushi At a Restaurantby Howcast 788,787 views
- 1:28 How to Make a Japanese Crepeby ngmaster42's channel 2,147,523 views
- 5:28 Let's Eat Snacks From China!by fondasaurusrex 117,992 views
- 8:45 How To Make Homemade Marshmallowsby Springs Bargains 1,716,607 views
- 112 videos Play all Howcast Favoritesby GlaubenInGod
- 0:55 How to Turn Water Into Ice Without a Freezerby Howcast 723,460 views
- 7:59 How To Make Candy as a Christmas Giftby HungryNation 163,425 views
- 7:01 How To Make Alaskan Sushi Rollsby TheJapanfoodchannel 320,998 views
- 10:57 How to Make Sour Gummi Candyby danrt50 . 699,675 views
- Sushi 45,938 videos782
- 2:37 How to Make Rock Candyby About 526,247 views
- 7:23 How to make your own rock candy (sugar crystal candy)by The diet free zone! 996,876 views
- 1:48 How to Make Your Own iPhone or iPad Stylusby Howcast 416,494 views
- 3:05 How to Make a Cake Shaped Like a Hamburgerby Howcast 465,526 views
- 4:52 HOW TO MAKE GUMMY BEARSby The Simple Cooking Channel 3,819,903 views
- 2:09 How to Make Homemade Gummy Bears Video - About.comby About.com 954,269 views
- 2:06 How to Make Ice Cream Cakeby Howcast 377,958 views
- 2:33 How to Make Sushiby Howcast 3,047,252 views
- Loading more suggestions...