Más Rudas-Sarah Castillo
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 30, 2011
Chicanas Only is a salon-styled exhibition created by artist members Ruth Buentello, Sarah Castillo, Kristin Gamez, and Mari Hernandez. Each individual member provides a visual commentary in response to roles reflective of her identity and gender. Utilizing various media, from video, found objects, painting, photography, and collage Chicanas Only presents a site-specific installation within a female-created space.
The Texas Biennial
The Texas Biennial is a project of Big Medium, an Austin-based non-profit 501©3 organization dedicated to promoting contemporary visual art in Texas. The core of each Biennial has been a group exhibition of art works selected from submissions gathered from throughout the state. For 2011, the fourth edition of the Texas Biennial, New-York based art historian and art lawyer Virginia Rutledge serves as curator.
Continuing the Biennial's aim of providing "an independent survey of contemporary Texas art", Rutledge has selected 50 artists drawn from a pool of almost 800 applicants living and working throughout the state. The artists represented include both emerging and established talents, and the exhibition will include recent works created in a range of artistic media from painting, sculpture, drawing and print, to photography, video, installation and performance.
As the project has grown, Rutledge has invited other non-profit arts venues across the state to support the Biennial with their own, independently curated exhibitions and programming, all focused on contemporary Texas art. More than 50 venues, from the most established museums to the most alternative artist-run spaces, have joined the Biennial project as participating organizations. This aspect of the project is intended as a celebration not only of Texas artists, but of the creativity and dedication of Texas arts organizations.
2011 Texas Biennial:
Sam Coronado: A Retrospective
Chicanas Only by Más Rudas
April 8 - June 5, 2011
For more information or images please contact Mexic-Arte Museum's Public Relations Director at email@example.com or (512) 480-9373 x84.
Standard YouTube License
- 11:23 Más Rudas- Mari Hernandezby OfficialMexicArte446 views
- 7:23 Más Rudas-Ruth Buentelloby OfficialMexicArte383 views
- 57:52 Historia del Arte Universal (El Mundo Contemporáneo)by triangulo777742 views
- 1:55:21 NEW! Nov 2013 : Alain Soral & Dieudonné - Hollande et la Politique Criminelle d'Israëlby VoyageSpirituel18,443 views
- 45:05 Arte Contemporanea - Il Testimone (s5e1) puntata interaby net02it36,137 views
- 8:11 Kiko Villamizar at Flamingo Cantinaby MannyGoCrazy468 views
- 5:14 Los Pinkys at Viva la Vida Fest 2010by MannyGoCrazy757 views
- 3:12 Karina Nistal Band Performs "Back To Bombay"by MannyGoCrazy380 views
- 4:07 Son Armado Performs "Mi Morena" at Mexic-Arte Museumby MannyGoCrazy237 views
- 2:21 Son Armado : a Son Jarocho experience (Austn,Tx-2010)by interpol1308 views
- 7:15 Kiko Villamizar Performs at Mexic-Arte Museumby MannyGoCrazy644 views
- 18:46 Alain Soral débat sur l'art Contemporainby 1tempsdavance206086,889 views
- 11:20 Sam Coronado: A Retrospectiveby OfficialMexicArte583 views
- 58:47 The World's Most Expensive Paintings (BBC Documentary)by DocumentaryChanneI343,208 views
- 3:30 Karina Nistal Band at Viva la Vida Fest 2010by MannyGoCrazy140 views
- 1:12:12 Alain Soral chez Frédéric Taddeï. L'émission qui à choqué Patrick Cohenby Tariq Ramadan Dieudonné156,010 views
- 1:23:30 Understanding contemporary artby AManCalledArron20,149 views
- 1:25:41 How To Paint A Country Side, Farm Land - Acrylic Painting Lessons by Brandon Schaeferby SchaeferArt56,180 views
- 1:01:00 La funcion del arte y los artistasby mazomarzo24,786 views
- 57:52 Historia del Arte Universal: El Mundo Contemporáneoby Historia y Ciencia5,599 views
- Loading more suggestions...