Day 47 of 365 Things To Do In Edmonds, WA - Pilates Edmonds
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 26, 2010
Pilates Edmonds is located on the corner of 3rd Ave N & Bell Street. They are open for buisness now with a Grand Opening comming soon.
The Pilates method seeks to develop controlled movement from a strong core and it does this using a range of apparatuses to guide and train the body. Joe Pilates originally developed his method as mat exercises (his 1945 "Return to Life" teaches 34 of these), but, in common with many other physical culture systems from the first part of the twentieth century, he used several pieces of apparatus to help people "get the method in their bodies". Each piece of apparatus has its own repertoire of exercises and most of the exercises done on the various pieces of Pilates apparatus are resistance training since they make use of springs to provide additional resistance. Using springs results in "progressive resistance", meaning the resistance increases as the spring is stretched. The most widely used piece of apparatus, and probably the most important, is the Reformer, but other apparatus used in a traditional Pilates studio include the Cadillac (also called the Trapeze Table), the high (or electric) chair, the Wunda Chair, the baby Chair, and the Ladder Barrel, the Spine Corrector (Step Barrel) and small barrel.
For more information visit: www.pilatesedmonds.com or call 206-550-9275.
This has been 365 things to do Edmonds, WA—See you next time and remember....It's an Edmonds kind of day.
About the Author
Wayne Purser is a 1st generation REALTOR in Edmonds, Washington. He is the founder of this unique real estate blog for Edmonds & the Snohomish County area. He and his wife, Denise, live in Edmonds with their teenaged son. In his spare time, Wayne enjoys organizing community events, volunteering for youth programs, traveling, and sharing his city with anyone who will pay attention.
Standard YouTube License
- 45:58 Most Aggressive Breedsby NatGeoWild1,878,655 views
- 4:45 Day 33 of 365 Things To Do In Edmonds, WA - Edmonds International Film Festivalby waynepurser211 views
- 23:55 E/W Homecoming Assembly 2013by Jeffrey Lancaster135 views
- 12:09 Comcast Neighborhoods Visits Edmonds, WAby ComcastInWashington551 views
- 4:28 Day 201 of 365 Things To Do In Edmonds, WA - Olympic Ballet Theatre & Schoolby waynepurser686 views
- 2:40 Day 46 of 365 Things To Do In Edmonds, WA - Yost Park Trailsby waynepurser160 views
- 1:17:40 Pump It Up The Ultimate Dance Workout 2004 (full video)by katorela1,762,837 views
- 12:48 Edmonds, WA on November 12, 2010by NWPhotographyDirect1,575 views
- 9:40 Scuba Dive Edmonds, WA in the Snowby Jim McGauhey3,603 views
- 34:43 Nonstop Funny dogs & catsby prasonglucky9,148,763 views
- 5:13 Ultimate Funny Guilty Dog Video Compilation 2013 [HD]by funnyplox3,326,996 views
- 2:54 Day 129 of 365 Things To Do In Edmonds, WA - The Dining Dog Cafe & Bakeryby waynepurser825 views
- 2:51 Day 48 of 365 Things To Do In Edmonds, WA - Numismatist of Edmondsby waynepurser111 views
- 11:06 10 min Booty Shaking Waist Workout- Lose inches off your waist by shaking your hips!by TiffanyRotheWorkouts14,081,347 views
- 2:36 Day 81 of 365 Things To Do In Edmonds, WA - Rob's BBQ Smoke Pitby waynepurser246 views
- 35:43 Jillian Michaels: 6 Week Six-Pack Abs Workout- Level 1by Lionsgate BeFit9,729,987 views
- 10:14 Edmonds, Washington on January 11, 2011by NWPhotographyDirect2,631 views
- 3:45 Day 98 of 365 Things To Do In Edmonds, WA - MS Helping Hands (Donor Closet)by waynepurser216 views
- 3:19 Day 218 of 365 Things To Do In Edmonds, Wa - Edmonds Bakeryby waynepurser133 views
- 5:04 Swedish Medical Center 3-Alarm Fire / Edmonds, WAby Mark Horner181 views
- Loading more suggestions...