TechFest 2011: Applied Sciences Group: Smart Interactive Displays
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 24, 2011
Our research shows:
Steerable AutoStereo 3-D Display: We use a special, flat optical lens (Wedge) behind an LCD monitor to direct a narrow beam of light into each of a viewer's eyes. By using a Kinect head tracker, the user's relation to the display is tracked, and thereby, the prototype is able to steer that narrow beam to the user. The combination creates a 3-D image that is steered to the viewer without the need for glasses or holding your head in place.
Steerable Multiview Display: The same optical system used in the 3-D system, Wedge behind an LCD, is used to steer two separate images to two separate people rather than two separate eyes, as in the 3-D case. Using a Kinect head tracker, we find and track multiple viewers and send each viewer his or her own unique image. Therefore, two people can be looking at the same display but see two completely different images. If the two users switch positions, the same image continuously is steered toward them.
Retro-Reflective Air-Gesture Display: Sometimes, it's better to control with gestures than buttons. Using a retro-reflective screen and a camera close to the projector makes all objects cast a shadow, regardless of their color. This makes it easy to apply computer-vision algorithms to sense above-screen gestures that can be used for control, navigation, and many other applications.
A display that can see: Using the flat Wedge optic in camera mode behind a special, transparent organic-light-emitting-diode display, we can capture images that are both on and above the display. This enables touch and above-screen gesture interfaces, as well as telepresence applications.
Kinect based Virtual Window
Using Kinect we track a user's position relative to a 3D display to create the illusion of looking through a Window. This view dependent rendered technique is used in both the wedge 3D and multi-view demos, but the effect is much more prevalent in this demo. The user quickly should realize the need for a multi-view display as this illusion is only valid for one user with a conventional display. This technique along with the Wedge 3D output and 3D input techniques we are developing at Microsoft are the basic building blocks to build the ultimate telepresence display. This Magic Window is a bi-directional light-field interactive display that gives multiple users in a telepresence session the illusion that they are interacting and talking to each other through a simple glass window.
Standard YouTube License
- 46:40 Science For Smart Peopleby You've been fed a load of bologna.Featured 93,055
- 5:46 OmniTouch: Wearable Multitouch Interaction Everywhere WWW.GOODNEWS.WSby newssciencenews 36,590 views
- 2:22 Interactive Display Windowby Viralmente 74,451 views
- 1:48 Newport Coastby REP Interactive 46,238 views
- 9:27 Coolest Imaging and Social Technology EVER!by chadlatz 205,116 views
- 1:36 A low cost autostereoscopic 3D display for the Kinect sensorby fdopernav 31,474 views
- 1:04 Steerable 3D Auto Stereo Displayby MSAppliedSciences 21,355 views
- 2:56 Kinect Teleconferencing with Real-time 3D Capture and 3D Displayby andrewmaimone 104,766 views
- 9:27 Sharp AQUOS BOARD™ Interactive Display Customer Tutorialby sharpelectronicsusa 4,827 views
- 1:38 Aperture facade installationby CREAX 114,372 views
- 4:21 Microsoft Research Translating Telephoneby TechFlashVideos 68,092 views
- 3:12 Microsoft Mirage Blocksby Todd Bishop 9,832 views
- 2:08 Techfest 2011 Promoby Rituraj Shukla 23,004 views
- 10:28 Optical Touch Frameby Hyperian 1,073 views
- 1:55 82" Projected Capacitive display with Corning Gorilla Glass eyes onby SlashGear 13,788 views
- 24:15 ...LOs inventOres 18 Edison ilAs Ciencias aplicadasby EKOSMUNiDAD 5,584 views
- 1:49 Applied Sciences Group: Interactive Displays: Behind the Screen Overlay Interactionsby MicrosoftResearch 573,419 views
- 17:43 Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T Review - Tablet-News.comby Tablet-News com 44,627 views
- 0:50 Interactive Piano Stairs (EU the fun theory)by BashInteractive 12,407 views
- 31:55 Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 Reviewby MobileTechReview 185,840 views
- Loading more suggestions...