Creeping EU Totalitarianism
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 18, 2008
This is an upgraded version of the follow-up to the manifestations that took place in the European Parliament on 12.12.2007. (First version is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkHK_E... )
This second version includes:
1. Scenes from the protest of 12.12.2007 (See earlier protest clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JJlI9... )
2. Letter from the President of the European Parliament to the Chairman of the Constitutional Affairs Committee asking for more discretionary powers in the House (dated 17.01.2008).
3. Interventions by the following MEPs:
- Nigel Farage (UK), Co-chair, IND/DEM (30.01.2008) - Speaks about the President's disciplinary action on 13 of the 80 protesting MEPs: "I am Spartacus!"
- Jens-Peter Bonde (Denmark), Co-chair, IND/DEM (12.12.2007) - Earlier in the day on 12.12.2007, before the manifestations; speaks about the signing of the Treaty in Lisbon on 13.12.2007.
Afternoon, after the protest:
- Martin Schulz (Germany), Chair, PES (12.12.2007) - Questions Mr Bonde's integrity and compares the protest to Adolf Hitler's shouting strategy in the Weimar Republic.
- Graham Watson (UK), Chair, ALDE (12.12.2007) - Compares protesting MEPs to football hooligans, Soviet communists and Nazis, and calls for their eviction next time.
- Daniel Cohn-Bendit (Germany), Co-Chair, Greens/EFA (12.12.2207) - Calls protesting MEPs idiots, mentally weak and mad.
- Jens-Peter Bonde (Denmark), Co-chair, IND/DEM (12.12.2007) - Responds to criticism and calls for referendum.
- Daniel Hannan (UK), EPP-ED (30.01.2008 & 31.01.2008) - Challenges the leaders to put the treaty to a referendum and half-compares the presidential power grab to the Enabling Act of 1933
- Joseph Daul (France) Chairman, EPP-ED, says he will ask for Mr Hannan's expulsion from the group for his remarks
- Nigel Farage (UK), Co-chair, IND/DEM (07.06.2007 - not 07.07.2007 as depicted on the video) - a few weeks before the conclusion of the Lisbon treaty: no debate, twisting of language - "If you're true democrats then you'd join me in the call to let the people decide their own future; don't foist it upon them!"
LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE!
Go to http://X09.eu and demand for a REFERENDUM in your country on the Lisbon Treaty, the rejected EU Constitution in disguise.
Source of speech clips: European Parliament Audio-Visual Library
Music: Corner Stone Cues - a) Requiem For A Tower in four movements, b) Forest Chase
Closing music excerpt from Coldplay - Clocks
Note on EU Constitution and Lisbon Treaty:
The people of France and the Netherlands rejected the proposed EU constitution in the 2005 referendums. After this, 5 countries that had promised a referendum cancelled it and the EU Constitution was re-written as an "amending treaty" or a "reform treaty" and named "Treaty of Lisbon". On the basis of this deceit, they now maintain that no more referendums are necessary. Only Ireland is holding a referendum. All other countries are ratifying the disguised EU Constitution without asking the people.
The EU Constitution establishes a new "European Union" with joint citizenship - an EU "federal" State that is technically and politically empowered to further centralize power in Brussels; a European State comprising of 27 nation-states ruled by a triumvirate of European institutions led by the unelected EU Commission, which serves as the governing body of the Union. With co-decision powers to block legislation, but never to initiate it, the European Council comprises of representatives of the governments of member states. This ineffectual co-decision process is shared with the European Parliament, which is the only directly elected institution and the only channel for European citizens to possibly reverse the totalitarian trend and preserve freedom and democracy.
To view the Political Groups in the European Parliament go to: http://www.europarl.europa.eu/members...
EU Member States:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, United Kingdom
Other states in Europe:
Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, Faroes, Andorra, Monaco, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Transdniestria (Transnistria), Belarus, Turkey, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Albania.
Azzurri, alzatevi dal sonno! Italia Sicilia Sardegna Milano Roma Napoli Firenze Genova Torino Palermo Bolgna Catania Bari Juventus Roberto Benigni Italiani alzatevi dal sonno!
Standard YouTube License
- 12:43 EU must die: Farage on Euro plunge, Wilders ban and slagging the presidentby RussiaTodayFeatured 50,641
- 12:37 Oral Assassin Nigel Farage Has Cannon Balls 1/2 Compilationby 58784677 70,789 views
- 5:43 Nigel Farage touches quite a few nerves in the EU Parliamentby UndefeatedArmy09 328,776 views
- 6:35 The biter bit! Nigel Farage responds on Sky News.by ukipwebmaster . 45,806 views
- 1:12 Margaret Thatcher No No Noby Kayee txxu 2,198,877 views
- 3:29 Daniel Hannan MEP: The devalued Prime Minister of a devalued Governmentby DanHannanMEP 2,937,345 views
- 2:24 EP: no sceptics allowedby DanHannanMEP 16,752 views
- 29 videos Play all Nigel Farageby Therabbitholeexposed
- 5:15 Nigel Farage destroys the EU president (swe/fin/eng subs)by Jee Jii 212,717 views
- 2:25 Daniel Hannan on Turkish membership to the EUby DanHannanMEP 46,153 views
- 1:25 The EU has become a racketby DanHannanMEP 86,610 views
- 3:59 Farage vs Brownby ukipwebmaster . 305,938 views
- 3:27 Who is Herman van Rompuy?by ukipwebmaster . 325,964 views
- 2:10:12 Noam Chomsky: Totalitarian Culture in a Free Society (Oct. 1, 1993)by argusfest 17,235 views
- 3:22 END OF NATIONS - EU Takeover & the Lisbon Treatyby Stguidon 53,132 views
- 11:00 Farage and Hannan expose Gordon Brown as he calls for New Global Orderby europarl 77,326 views
- 10:36 Respect the Irish Vote: Aftershock in European Parliamentby europarl 167,035 views
- 1:12 No, but, yeah, but, no, but, yeah.......by ukipwebmaster . 49,958 views
- 10:00 Question time with Nigel Farageby ukipwebmaster . 73,382 views
- 3:22 Gordon's EU Nightmareby Plolov 245,732 views
- 59:39 George Galloway and Nigel Farage on Question Time - 14th June 2013by GeorgeGallowayForPM 3,663 views
- Loading more suggestions...