Uploaded on Sep 10, 2007
Tteokbokki or ddeokbokki is a popular snack in Korea. This video has been remade in HD. Check out the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA3Uo3... And the full recipe is posted on my website. : http://www.maangchi.com/recipes/ddukb...
Ingredients for hot spicy ddukbokkie:
Tube shaped rice cake for ddukbokkie (about 300 grams), hot pepper paste, sugar, water, dried anchovies, and green onions.
See my website for photos and details of ingredients: http://www.maangchi.com/ingredients
1. Separate the tubes of rice cake into individual pieces.
2. In a pan, pour 4 cups of water and add 7 large dried anchovies after removing their heads and intestines. Boil the water for 10 minutes over medium heat.
3. Remove the anchovies and add the rice cakes, 4-6 tbs of hotpepper paste, 1 tbs of sugar, and 1 tbs of hotpepper flakes (optional). Stir it constantly.
4. Cut 7 green onions into 5 cm long pieces, and add them to the pot.
5. Keep stirring until the sauce is thick and the rice cake is shiny.
6. Transfer it to a plate and serve!
Ingredients for mild ddukbokkie:
1 package of rice cake, beef strips, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, onion, king oyster mushrooms, water
1. Saute 200 grams of beef strips with 2 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs sugar, 2 cloves minced garlic, and 3 tbs of sliced onion.
2. Add 3-4 sliced king oyster mushrooms and 2 chopped green onions to "1″ and stir it.
3. Add 1 cup of water and put rice cake in it and keep folding until rice cake is soft.
4. Serve it on a plate and eat it when it is warm.
Standard YouTube License