DEFCON 20: Robots: You're Doing It Wrong 2 [CAM] Part 1/4
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 30, 2012
By popular demand, Defcon's angry little roboticist is back with more stories of robot designs gone awry that make practical lessons on making better robots. Drinking will happen: vodka-absconding scoundrels are not invited.
This talk will cover material assuming the average audience member is a relatively intelligent coder with a high-school physics/math background and has seen linear algebra/calculus before. The intent is to navigate people new to robotics around many lessons my teams and I learned the "hard way," and to introduce enough vocabulary for a self-teaching student to bridge the gap between amateur and novice professional robotics. It will not cover why your Arduino doesn't work when you plugged your USB tx into your RS232 tx.
Katy Levinson is a jack-of-all-trades currently employed by Hacker Dojo, a hackerspace in Mountain View California, where she herds cats and wrings them out for money. She was previously a roboticist and the Software Team Lead at NASA Ames on the Lunar Micro Rover Project, and has also been an infrastructure software engineer at Google. She briefly worked as a mercenary for a small VC firm and in Hong Kong where she refereed political pissing matches. She survived 4 seasons of FIRST Robotics as a team member, mentored an additional team, helped found five more and mentored them each through a full competitive season. She has won many prestigious awards which you have neither heard of nor care about and is a proud graduate of Worcester Polytechnic Institute.
Part 1: http://youtu.be/QUlcTbfoz3U
Part 2: http://youtu.be/fRa4s21uW78
Part 3: http://youtu.be/5Vkj5vZLmuM
Part 4: http://youtu.be/B_2e9NoT6hE
Defcon 19 Talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drk3D...
Save the Dojo: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/3...
Talk Copyright 2012 Katy Levinson. License: CC BY-NC-SA
Video Copyright 2012 Andrew Pilloud. License: CC BY-NC-SA
- 13:11 DEFCON 20: Robots: You're Doing It Wrong 2 [CAM] Part 2/4by Andrew Pilloud 110 views
- 39:01 Katy Levinson, Don't Fix It In Software, Defcon 19by Katy Levinson 8,020 views
- 35:51 DEFCON 20: Owned in 60 Seconds: From Network Guest to Windows Domain Adminby Christiaan008 31,265 views
- 24:33 Defcon 20 - Dan Tentler - Drinking from the caffeine firehose we know as shodanby vissago 55,520 views
- 10:01 DEFCON 2012 - Hacking Smart Meters - Part 1 of 5by Mike Smith 8,195 views
- 0:31 DEFCON 20 badge NTSC VIDEO hackby ICPolyman 1,022 views
- 21:19 DEFCON 20: Robots: You're Doing It Wrong 2 [CAM] Part 4/4by Andrew Pilloud 217 views
- 114 videos Play all DEFCON 20by ChRiStIaAn008
- 49:51 Katy Levinson Defcon 20 - Robots: You're Still Doing It Wrongby Katy Levinson 19,927 views
- 8:52 Infected Mushroom & Fire Show at Defcon 20 | RIO Las Vegasby dash0r 963 views
- 50:39 DEFCON 19: Economics of Password Cracking in the GPU Era (w speaker)by Christiaan008 2,042 views
- 48:25 DEFCON 19: Three Generations of DoS Attacks (with Audience Participation, as Victims)by Christiaan008 70,341 views
- 3:07 Hash Cracking Talk at DEFCON 20by Alexander Romero 742 views
- 50:54 Defcon 19: Paul Roberts, Aaron Barr, Joshua Corman and Jericho - "Whoever Fights Monsters..by SecurityTubeCons 38,722 views
- 44:19 ARCHIVE TEAM: A Distributed Preservation of Service Attackby textfilesdotcom 10,584 views
- 55:44 DEFCON 17: Panel: Meet the Feds 2009by Christiaan008 2,872 views
- 1:59 Diggity Web Searching Tool - DEFCON 20 - 2012by Alexander Romero 349 views
- 47:33 DEFCON 16: Free Anonymous Internet Using Modified Cable Modemsby Christiaan008 14,042 views
- 39:56 Defcon 18 - Jackpotting Automated Teller Machines Reduxby SecurityTubeCons2 2,417 views
- 13:54 1- Soghoian Crump Soltani Wizner Speak at DefCon video by Sarah Cortesby Sarah Cortes 602 views
- 6:01 DEFCON 2012 - SCADA HMI and Microsoft Bob Part 1 of 5by Mike Smith 1,315 views
- Loading more suggestions...