The man behind the anti-Muslim movie Nakoula Basseley Nakoula
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 14, 2012
Al Jazeera's Rob Reynolds investigates who made the anti-Islam video and why?
Reporters and police are camped out outside Nakoula's house in Cerrito outside Los Angeles, but he has not been seen, although he did give an interview to Radio Sawa, a US-government station that broadcasts in Arabic.
"I am the one who leaked the 14 minutes and put it on the Internet and I am thinking about releasing the full film. Nobody manipulated my film," he said. The clip on YouTube was picked up by Egyptian television.
The film has amateurish production values, with actors in laughable false beards appearing to hover weightlessly in front of stock desert footage.
But its depiction of the Prophet Mohammed as a thuggish deviant offended many Muslims, and sparked a wave of anti-American protests that have cost several lives and saw mobs burn US missions, schools and businesses.
According to Paul Audley, president of Film LA, which issues filming permits in Los Angeles, a group called Media for Christ was issued a one-day shooting license in August 2011 for a film with the working title "Desert Warriors."
"I do know personally for having looked at it, before it was withdrawn, that the producer's name on it is Sam Bossil," he said in an interview. Bossil is believed to be one of the pseudonyms used by Nakoula, who uploaded the clip as "Sam Bacile."
Source, credit to Aljazeera- http://www.aljazeera.com/video
FAIR USE NOTICE: This video has been posted to further advance our understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, Technological, democratic, scientific, and social justice issues which constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107 for research and educational purposes.
"من الذي صنع الفيلم مسلم المضادة" "البراءة من المسلمين تحميل" "براءة المسلمين منتج" "Nakoula Basseley Nakoula" "المعادية للإسلام فيلم" "الولايات المتحدة جماعة دينية" "وسائل الإعلام من أجل المسيح" "ألان روبرتس" "الدعاية المضادة للمسلم" النبي محمد "القرآن" الراديكالية المعادية للمسلم من جدول الأعمال "" موريس صادق "" تيري جونز "ستيف كلاين" "المسيحيين شجاعة المتحدة" المساجد "Nakoula باسيلي Nakoula" "قبطي مصري" "راديو سوا" المعادي لأمريكا احتجاجات "براءة المسلمين تحميل "" براءة المسلمين مشاهدة "" براءة المسلمين يوتيوب "
The story of Innocence of Muslims
The film's screening as "Innocence of Bin Laden" was advertised in the Anaheim-based newspaper Arab World during the months of both May and June. The advertisement cost $300 to run three times in the paper and was paid by an individual identified only as "Joseph".
The advertisements were noted by the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), whose Islamic affairs director stated, "When we saw the advertisement in the paper, we were interested in knowing if it was some kind of pro-jihadist movie." Brian Donnelly, a guide for a Los Angeles based tour of famous crime scenes who noticed the poster advertising at the Vine Theater, said, "I didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing.
We didn't know what it was about because we can't read Arabic." The earlier version of the film was screened once at the Vine Theater of June 23, 2012 to an audience of only ten people. The film had no subtitles and was presented in English. An employee of the theater stated, "The film we screened was titled The Innocence of Bin Laden," and added that it was a "small viewing."
A second screening was planned for June 30, 2012. A local Hollywood blogger, John Walsh, attended a June 29 Los Angeles City Council meeting where he raised his concerns about the title of a film to be screened which appeared to support the leader of al-Qaeda. He said "There is an alarming event occurring in Hollywood on Saturday. A group has rented the Vine Street theater to show a video entitled Innocence of Bin Laden. We have no idea what this group is." The blog site reported that the June 30 screening had been canceled.
A Current TV producer photographed the poster while it was being displayed at the theater as advertising to later discuss on the talk show The Young Turks. The poster did not denigrate Muslims, but rather referred to "my Muslim brother". In a translation provided by the ADL, the poster stated it would reveal "the real terrorist who caused the killing of our children In Palestine, and our brothers in Iraq and Afghanistan."
Read more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocenc...
Standard YouTube License
- 1:51 Anti Muslim Film, 'Innocence Of Muslims' Filmmaker revealedby HoodNewsFeatured 50,962
- 1:34 American Killed in Libya Amid Protests Over Anti-Islam Movieby NewsyWorld 22,550 views
- 2:25:39 Did Jesus Rise from the Dead? Christian vs Muslim (William Lane Craig vs Shabir Ally)by drcraigvideos 59,416 views
- 1:27 'Innocence of Muslims' Film Director Confirmed as Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, a Coptic Christianby JewishNewsOne 8,804 views
- 2:52 Who's Really Behind the Trailer Sparking Anti-US Violence?by NewsyWorld 14,488 views
- 1:32 Actress in "The Innocence of Muslims" Film Wants Name Clearedby CultOfMilitarism 9,410 views
- 47:01 Dalia Dippolito Conviction & Sentencingby nathanjamesbaker 40,775 views
- 21:57 مقابله مع منتج الفيلم المسيء للرسول على قناة مصريهby Morad709Channel 152,847 views
- 9:03 # Muhammad Movie US -Innocence of Muslims Full Movie : Muhammad Movie 2012 US | Muhammad Movie USby innocenceofmuslim 2,933 views
- 24:56 Inside Story - Is the reaction to anti-Islam film justified?by AlJazeeraEnglish 10,748 views
- 1:34 Anti-US protests: Man behind 'anti-Islam' film detainedby ibnlive 8,186 views
- 33:30 رد الشيخ خالد على إتهامه بإثارة فتنة الفيلم المسىءby khaled abdallah 11,842 views
- 2:22 Actress from the "Innocence of Muslims" Says She was Misledby CultOfMilitarism 14,063 views
- 11:36 Innocence of Muslimsby implee 5,528 views
- 5:01 HT - Anti-Muslim Movie Sparks Riot - The Viewby ABCTheView 10,540 views
- 8:08 'Innocence of Muslims' Sparks Outrageby TheYoungTurks 1,243,295 views
- 4:39 the man behind innocence of Muslims - Nakoula Basseley anti-Islam movieby B Loy 5,437 views
- 8:00 Anti-Islam film: What we knowby AlJazeeraEnglish 396,062 views
- 7:15 "Innocence of Muslims" Producer Nakoula Basseley Nakoula Identifiedby tjwalker 21,382 views
- 2:14 Filmmaker, Key Supporters Behind Anti-Muslim Film Identifiedby NewsyWorld 1,616 views
- Loading more suggestions...