Psilocybin Grows New Brain Cells - Proof - Juan R. Sanchez-Ramos, M.D., Ph.D.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 21, 2012
This video scientifically proves that new brain cells are created when using psilocybin ie shrooms, psilocybin mushrooms.
Zeno Sanchez-Ramos, M.D., Ph.D. studies the effects of psilocybin and other selective serotonin agonists on hippocampal-dependent learning and neurogenesis. http://maps.org
http://vimeo.com/33812651 - Another video: same doctor.
What is it?
Neurogenesis, or the birth of new neuronal cells, was thought to occur only in developing organisms. However, recent research has demonstrated that neurogenesis does indeed continue into and throughout adult life in both vertebrate and invertebrate organisms.
Examples of neurogenesis are found in the hippocampus of mammals, song control nuclei of birds and the olfactory pathway of rodents, insects and crustaceans.
On going neurogenesis is thought to be an important mechanism underlying neuronal plasticity, enabling organisms to adapt to environmental changes and influencing learning and memory throughout life.
Why is it important?
A number of different factors that regulate neurogenesis have been identified.
Physicial activity and environmental conditions have been known to affect proliferation and survival of neurons in vertebrates as well as invertebrates. It has been found that crayfish in an "enriched" environment had increased neurogenesis and neuronal survival compared to siblings in an "impoverished" environment.
Hormones have also been found to influence the rate of neurogenesis in vertebrates (e.g. testosterone) and invertebrates (e.g. ecdysone). Serotonin is believed to play a key role in neurogenesis in a variety of organisms. In lobsters, depletion of serotonin dramatically reduced the proliferation and survival of olfactory projection neurons and local interneurons. Most recently, neurogenesis was found to follow a circadian rhythm in the juvenile lobster. Although neurons were born throughout the day, significantly more neurons were born at dusk, the most active time for lobsters.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:35:07 Five hours of pure Mckenna at his bestby MckennaCountrCulture Featured 24,940
- 1:21:54 Forbidden Drugs that Activate the Third Eye(Pineal Gland) and Open Portals to the Demonic Realmby 24bazza229,834 views
- 49:53 How do psychedelic drugs work on the brain?by Imperial College London43,110 views
- 1:22:09 Terence Mckenna - The past and future importance of mushrooms for humanityby MckennaCountrCulture12,009 views
- 42:14 Russell Brand talks about psychedelic experiences and social revolutionby Sam VanMusic69,247 views
- 1:22:46 The Holographic Universe (Part One)by StuOH407,740 views
- 11:16 The Magical Birch Polypore!by Nyishar20,070 views
- 1:37:43 The Extended Mind: Recent Experimental Evidenceby GoogleTechTalks361,836 views
- 2:04 Psilocybe allenii - A New Species of Magic Mushroomsby NeuroSoup25,757 views
- 1:07:05 Paul Kroeger - The History of Psilocybin Containing Magic Mushroomsby TheParadigmShift51,857 views
- 6:58 Terence McKenna - Mushrooms are an Extraterrestrial Probe?by MakeItEmphatic70,283 views
- 26:01 Health Benefits Of Reishi Mushroomby Nyishar27,587 views
- 2:37:38 Terence Mckenna - Finding your purpose, turn you back on culture and ideologyby MckennaCountrCulture32,669 views
- 5:25 Bill Maher Regarding LSD & Psilocybinby HempSaves34,496 views
- 57:01 Urine Therapy - The Free Cure to Every Disease - A Panacea - Good Healthby HempSaves23,519 views
- 1:26:22 Terence Mckenna - Everything you need to know about DMT (rapdancing into the 3rd millenium)by EtherealExposition80,236 views
- 30:23 Terence Mckenna - DMT, Mathematical Dimensions and Deathby MckennaCountrCulture51,396 views
- 49:31 Athene's Theory of Everythingby AtheneWins2,883,873 views
- 9:30 MEDITATION: What is it and what are its benefits? ASK DEEPAK!by The Chopra Well28,890 views
- 5:51 Terence McKenna ~ Describing DMT Trip In Detail Pt.1/2by Alistar Valadez229,889 views
- Loading more suggestions...