Published on Apr 21, 2012
Life | Priest on Kazzak EU
The Vitreous Stone Drake drops from Slabhide in Stonecore, and is fairly easy to solo as a shadow priest as of 4.3.3. This run took me 7.30 minutes using the trash skip method and an invisibility potion, although it's fairly easy to kill all trash mobs if you want the loot and have extra time.
This is only one method of dealing with the trash at the start (and the fastest for a priest).
The mechanic is as such; If you were to engage the first pack, Millhouse Manastorm would retreat to the second pack once he reaches 50% HP. You would then finish of the remaining mobs and move onto the second pack - same thing would happen again, untill such time he gets all the way to the first boss. So instead, by pulling all three packs and nuking Millhouse to 50%, he has no where to go except the 1st boss location.
Tips & Notes for anyone using this method;
- Mark Millhouse at the start.
- Killing the 2 Flayers to the right behind the first pack will make your life easier kiting.
- Use Inner Will when kiting the trash packs back to the start.
- Use a PW:shield / Fiend / Fade / Fear defensive combo when you reach Millhouse.
- Equip a PVP escape trinket for the trash as Millhouse may fear / root you.
- You only need to get Millhouse to 50% before exiting the instance, not kill him.
- Don't forget to swap your PVP trinket back out like i did for Slabhide.
- Save your Fiend / Fade / CD's for a ground phase on Slabhide.
- Try to keep yourself above 70% HP on ground phases, double crits + bad luck = dead.
Standard YouTube License