Harvard Class Day June 4 2003 Will Ferrell SNL 352nd Commencement part 2 of 3
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 22, 2009
Because this is where my faith in you guys comes into play, Harvard University's graduating Class of 2003, without a doubt, the finest, most talented group of sexual beings this great land has to offer.
Now I know I blew some of your minds with my depiction of what it's really like out there. But if anyone can handle the ups and downs of this crazy blue marble we call Planet Earth, it's you guys. As I stare out into this vast sea of shining faces, I see the best and brightest. Some of you will be captains of industry and business. Others of you will go on to great careers in medicine, law and public service. Four of you -- and I'm not at liberty to say which four -- will go on to magnificent careers in the porno industry. I'm not trying to be funny. That's just a statistical fact.
One of you, specifically John Lee, will spend most of your time just hanging out in your car eating nachos. You will all come back from time to time to this beautiful campus for reunions, and ask the question, "Does anyone ever know what happened to John Lee?" At that point, he will invariably pop out from the bushes and yell, "Nachos anyone?!" At first, it will scare the crap out of you. But then you'll share a laugh with your classmates and ultimately look forward to John jumping out of the bushes as a yearly event.
I'd like to change gears here, if I could. Talk a little bit about "Saturday Night Live." Now, during my 18-year stint on the show, I had the chance to play or impersonate some very interesting people, none more interesting than our current President, Mr. George W. Bush. Now in some cases, you actually have contact with some of the people you play. As a byproduct of this former situation, the President and myself have become quite good friends. In fact, I might even call him a father figure of sorts, granted a dim-witted father figure who likes to take a lot of naps and start wars, but a father figure nonetheless.
When I told the President that I'd be speaking here today, he wondered if I would express some sentiments to you. And I said I'd do my best. So, if you don't mind, I'd like to read this message from the President of the United States.
Students, Faculty, Families and Distinguished Guests, I just want to take time to congratulate you on your outstanding achievement as graduates of the Class of 2002. The great thing about being the Class of 2002 is that you can always remember what year you graduated because 2002 is a palindrome which, of course, is a word or number that is the same read backwards or forwards. I'll bet you're surprised I know that word, but I do. So you can suck on it.
Make no mistake, Harvard University is one of the finest in the land. And its graduates are that fine as well. You're young men and women whose exuberance exude a confident confidence of a bygone era. I believe it was Shakespeare who said it best when he said, "Look yonder into the darkness for knowledge onto which I say go onto that which thou possess into thy night for thee have come with only a single sword and vanquished thee into darkness."
I'm going to be honest with you, I just made that up. But I don't know how to delete it from the computer. Tomorrow's graduation day speaker is former President of Mexico Ernesto Zedillo. Ernie's a good man, a deeply religious man, and one of the original members of the Latino boy band Menudo. So listen up to Ernie. He was at the beginning of the whole boy band explosion.
As you set off into the world, don't be afraid to question your leaders. But don't ask too many questions at one time or that are too hard because your leaders get tired and/or cranky. All of you sitting here have the brightest of futures ahead. Many of you will go on to stellar careers and various pursuits. And four of you -- and I'm not at liberty to say which four -- will go on to star in the porno industry.
One of the challenges you will be faced with is finding a job in our depressed economy. In fact, the chances of landing a decent job are about as good as finding weapons of mass destruction in the Iraqi desert. Slim and none. And Slim just left the building. In fact, the closest thing I found to looking like a weapon of mass destruction is the turd that Dick Cheney left in the Oval Office toilet about an hour ago. Man, that thing is a WMD if I've ever seen one. On that note, God bless and happy graduation.
You know, I sincerely hope you enjoy this next chapter of your life because it's really going to be great, as long as you pay your taxes. And don't just take a year off because you think Uncle Sam is snoozing at the wheel because he will descend upon you like a hawk from hell. Let's just put it this way. After some past indiscretions with the IRS, my take-home pay last year was $9,000.
I figured I'd leave you today with a song, if you will. So, Jeff, if you could come up here. Jeff Heck, everyone...
Standard YouTube License
- 8:51 Harvard Class Day June 4 2003 Will Ferrell SNL 352nd Commencement part 3 of 3by qianguanchang 146,746 views
- 9:51 Harvard Class Day June 4 2003 Will Ferrell SNL 352nd Commencement part 1 of 3by qianguanchang's channel 737,331 views
- 20:26 Stephen Colbert 2011 Commencement Speech at Northwestern Universityby Joshua Sherman 593,850 views
- 10:26 Will Ferrell Hilarious Acceptance Speech At The Mark Twain Comedy Award 2011by cocksandballs123's channel 1,555,006 views
- 15:27 Jon Stewart Commencement Addressby College of William & Mary 137,632 views
- 5:07 Will Ferrell & Kristen Wiig Hilarious presenting speech at The 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards 2013by Canale di AdamGale 531,827 views
- 15 videos Play all snlby loggaification
- 16:04 alig-harvard.commencement.speechby TrailersCG's channel 71,282 views
- 7:34 Will Ferrell as George W. Bush....very funnyby bigdgc2005 429,883 views
- 2:59 Will Ferrell SNL Fratstarby Dapimptologist 120,582 views
- 47:33 Title 01 03by qianguanchang 42 views
- 1:23 Ron Burgundy Auditionby RentFree4Life 387,600 views
- 17:55 Ellen at Tulane Commencement 2009by Tulane University 278,384 views
- 3:59 Borat Speechby caszws kanal 1,122,943 views
- 10:21 Conan O'Brien's Speech to the Harvard Class of 2000.(Pt 2 of 2)by Coka'S 164,685 views
- 2:39 Ferrell NFL draft comedy bitby Meghan Mainwaring 3,826,794 views
- 44:58 Title 01 02by qianguanchang's channel 125 views
- 44:34 Title 01 01by qianguanchang's channel 291 views
- 9:57 Conan O'Brien's Harvard Speech [Part 1]by Arian Dezfoolian 74,502 views
- Will Ferrell 11,340 videos3K
- 5:51 Will Ferrell on Lance Armstrong at Espyby GinoongPedro 649,051 views
- 2:20 Saturday Night Live SNL Will Ferrell as Bush endorses McCain Sarah Palin Tina Frey Election 2008by snl654321 1,161,454 views
- Loading more suggestions...