The Naturalist and the Eagle http://www.makeadifference.com
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 25, 2008
... from a Return To Love, Marianne Williamson so eloquently states: "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness that most frightens us." We are all eagles. Once we have flown, we can never go back to live like a chicken. It is not a delusion to think we can fly; it is a delusion to think we can't. Manage your fear of greatness and then ... stretch forth your wings and fly toward the dreams that are awaiting you.
Eagle Parable written by James Aggrey in the early 1920's:
Once a man found a young eagle in a forest and took it home and put it in his barnyard. The eagle ate the chicken feed and behaved just as chickens do. One day a naturalist friend noticed it and asked the owner why the eagle, king of all birds, confined with the chickens, "Since I have given chicken feed and trained it to be a chicken, it has never learned to fly," answered the man.
"Still," insisted the naturalist, "it has heart of an eagle and certainly it can be taught to fly."
The two agreed to find out whether it was possible. The naturalist took the eagle and said "You belong to the sky and not the earth. Stretch forth your wings and fly". The eagle was confused and refused to make an attempt. The second day the naturalist took the eagle to the roof and urged the eagle again. But the eagle was afraid and jumped down for the chicken feed. On the third day the naturalist took it to the top of a mountain. He held the eagle high above him and said. "You are an eagle. You belong to the sky as well as the earth. Stretch forth your wings and fly."
The eagle slowly looked around, up to the sky and down to the barnyard. The naturalist lifted him further up, and the eagle started trembling, slowly he stretched his wings and with a triumphant cry, he soared away into the heavens.
For more information on how you can make a difference go to: http://www.makeadifference.com/Mercha...
Standard YouTube License
- 5:27 "The Chicken and The Eagle Story" by Dr. Eldon Taylorby Eldon TaylorFeatured 157,487
- 2:40 The Eagle Who Thought He Was a Chickenby PhilosopherFresh 29,376 views
- 3:40 Even Eagles Need a Push by David McNallyby simpletruthstv 79,482 views
- 1:36 Naturalism Requires Faithby drcraigvideos 2,914 views
- 7:55 Affect other's behaviors with your thoughts _ Part 1by maryspeaks 54,534 views
- 3:47 SAY THIS MIRACLE PRAYER DAILY & It will change Your Life!by patkiely2007 4,114,527 views
- 3:39 Life is Like a Cup of Coffeeby penanco 285,005 views
- 4:38 A Course in Miracles Unleashed - OLD Trailerby tmtgoogle 6,640 views
- 4:08 Peace Today Movie http://www.MakeADifference.com/movies/ - World Peace Now!by maryspeaks 83,136 views
- 3:35 Motivational - Rebirth of an Eagleby Shabbar Suterwala 234,468 views
- 2:49 Our Deepest Fearby CoachDeb 51,054 views
- 1:42 The Story of the Eagleby oodlesmoran 24,619 views
- 3:42 Speak to Us of Children www.makeadifference.com/moviesby maryspeaks 8,760 views
- 3:44 Connection Movie www.MakeADifference.com/moviesby maryspeaks 6,915 views
- 3:54 Still Waters - An inspirational videoby solangesand 66,266 views
- 8:22 Affect other's behaviors with your thoughts _ Part 2by maryspeaks 18,848 views
- 9:22 Clay Dyer - The Most Inspirational Fisherman Everby wolfpacjlc 679,673 views
- 4:57 You Can Make A Differenceby cjbroen 124,690 views
- 3:57 Naturalismby PlayfulGibbon 3,063 views
- 8:03 Joyce Meyer - Eagles and Chickens Part 1 of 5by SkinnyResidual 3,363 views
- Loading more suggestions...