Wanna Be A Thought Leader? Put Some Thought Into It.
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 28, 2012
I was talking to Patrick Reade from Liverpool on Skype the other day about content marketing and thought leadership. Patrick writes "The Long And Winding Road" series on our Bibliotheque blog. We'd both just read a great article on thought leadership that hit the nail on the head for us. The author was Kevin Cain and it appeared on the Content Marketing Institutes blog; which we've linked to so you can read it as well. While heaping praise on Mr. Cain's effort we both made mention there's a lot of noise out there with regard to online marketing. Many articles are simply rehash's of other articles and sometimes a rehash of a rehash. We keep seeing the same things over and over again ... the same topics ... the same lists. And the list thing is starting to wear a bit thin ... 5 Ways to - this ... 12 Things You Should Never Do - that ... 45 Best Practices of - the other thing. I'm begging you ... please ... come up with another device. Frankly, far too many are writing about what someone else wrote about; and while a bit of this is fine, preferable, even. Too much shows a dearth of creativity and original thinking. I've almost lost patience with Linkedin Groups because they're just a bunch of questions like "What is the best social marketing tool?" and everybody kicks in their two cents along with a nod to everyone else by saying ... "I agree with what everybody's saying ...". How about: someone take a position and then be prepared to defend it? Sure you risk being called an idiot but now, at least, you have an actual discussion going on! Thought Leaders are not made by simply agreeing with everyone else in the echo chamber ... they're made when somebody says ... "Wait a minute. What if....?" If this is what's happening inside the Content Marketing universe, it's no wonder there's so much confusion and nonsense going on with regard to Content Marketing on the internet at large! And that's why Kevin Cain's article was so refreshing. He was attempting to define Thought Leadership and he did a very good job. I highly recommend everyone read it, copy it, blow it up and put it on your conference room wall. Then incorporate the principles into your content marketing. Take a stand. Your opinion doesn't even have to be controversial, it just has to be authentic. You may take some heat but if you don't let the heat get to you, you'll have a terrific opportunity to display your professionalism, expertise and ... wait for it ... thought leadership. Questions? Comments? Want to call me an idiot? We'd love to hear from you. Just leave a comment on the blog or send an email to the address on the screen. Now get out and do something.
We help you get the most out of your internet marketing efforts no matter what size business you have. Join us every week when we talk about Content Marketing; videos, blogs, SEO, social media, website design & development and more.
Please subscribe here, so you can be notified every time we release a new episode - https://www.youtube.com/user/3rdPlane...
Vidiotheque is published weekly, typically on Tuesday morning.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:14:17 Brian Tracy - Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Doneby Brian Tracy Training42,559 views
- 2:36:52 IRDIN - Série Poderes Da Oraçãoby Dylson Valente Neto36,068 views
- 1:03:59 Brian Tracy - 24 Techniques for Closing the Saleby Brian Tracy Training26,954 views
- 46:35 Brian Tracy - Secrets Of Self Made Millionairesby Brian Tracy Training31,464 views
- 1:22:55 A Revolução da mente, criando poderes sem limites - Anthony Águiaby crecisp39,407 views
- 46:35 Secrets Of Self Made Millionairesby MOCHA ATHOKPAM158,181 views
- 55:37 Brian Tracy - Personal Time Managementby Ayrat Aymetov57,172 views
- 27:55 Content Curationby Donna Papacosta849 views
- 57:07 Brian Tracy - Made for Successby Brian Tracy Training60,081 views
- 1:03:40 Jay Abraham, marketing and business optimization guru, interviews NAEA's most successful clientsby NAEAtv172 views
- 24:47 Gestão de Negócios - Estratégias de Marketing para sua Empresaby Unipar Universidade Paranaense2,148 views
- 1:11:36 Content (Curation) is King - Toronto Net Tuesdayby TechSoup Canada463 views
- 10:00 Thought Leader Secrets - Mini Course - Lesson 1by ThePreeminent14,112 views
- 9:59 Thought Leadership Interview with Mark Harrisby ThePreeminent12,811 views
- 10:31 Business Legend Jay Abraham is about to Expand Your Thinking!by abraveheartvw15,123 views
- 8:43 Thought Leader Secrets - Preeminence Clip Part2by ThePreeminent17,239 views
- 1:51:18 Marketing e Vendas - Estratégias de Vendasby Joelma Evangelista23,114 views
- 1:04:41 Brian Tracy - 10 Keys to Personal Powerby Chris DeCollibus153,814 views
- 31:21 Jay Abraham - Advanced Strategy of Preeminenceby Jay Abraham14,543 views
- 24:49 4 Principles of Marketing Strategyby Brian Tracy199,082 views
- Loading more suggestions...