Chronic Disease Prevention Webcast Series: Nutrition and Model Vending Standards
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Aug 6, 2013
Chronic disease is the most pressing healthcare challenge of the twenty-first century. A number of chronic conditions, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and arthritis, are the leading causes of death and disability. About 25 percent of people with chronic disease have some type of limitation in activities of daily living or instrumental activities of daily living[i]. Local public health is at the forefront of this challenge in prioritizing local resources and programs to address chronic disease in their communities.
The NACCHO's Chronic Disease Team would like to invite you view to the new Chronic Disease Prevention Webcast Series that will highlight strategies that local health departments, external stakeholders, and citizens can use to encourage active living, healthy eating, physical activity and chronic disease management in local communities. The NACCHO Chronic Disease team works with local health departments to expand and promote practice/evidence based chronic disease prevention activities, and promote the adoption of policy, systems and environmental change strategies within communities.
The Chronic Disease Prevention 3-Part Webcast Series will focus on the following:
• Nutrition and Model Vending Standards for Local Government; Strategies for Addressing Healthy Eating
• Enhancing Multi Sector Partnerships to Implement Policy, Systems and Environmental Change Strategies
• Asthma Management for Women; Local Implementation Strategies
Part 1 of this webcast series, Katherine (Katie) Bishop from our national partner organization, the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) will present on local health departments' efforts to develop model policies relating to enhancing healthy vending standards, nutrition policies, and increasing healthy food access in local government workplaces.
Katherine Bishop is a Nutrition Policy Associate at the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI), one of the country's leading health advocacy organizations that specializes in food, nutrition, and obesity prevention. Ms. Bishop received her B.A. in political science from the University of Rhode Island, and her M.S. in nutrition and M.P.H. in public health from Tufts University.
Standard YouTube License
- 51:34 Recovering Chronic Illness with MMS, CDS & Parasite Protocolby MMStestimonials6,073 views
- 30:36 Dr Terry Wahls: Reversing chronic disease through dietby Guy Lawrence974 views
- 45:52 Haemophilia and Porphyria - Royal diseases from Tainted Bloodby CampaignTB222,721 views
- 44:12 The Tiniest Girl In The World - Extraordinary Peopleby Documentariz1,351,184 views
- 1:11:52 You Can "HEAL" Any Diseaseby Gagan Polanki75,857 views
- 1:04:47 NICTA Seminar - M. Gambhir - Modelling on the front lines of public health (at CDC)by NICTA Optimisation Research Group144 views
- 24:16 Caring for Children with chronic diseases and disabilitiesby Community Health Charities1,239 views
- 1:31:59 Overview of Motivational Interviewing as used in Brief Interventions 2/2by TheIRETAchannel125 views
- 41:39 Diarrhea - Acute & Chronic - Gastroenterology - Dr. Conrad Fischer - KAPLAN Videoby Waleed Mahrous8,518 views
- 1:10:53 THE HEALING FOODS EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS with JoEllen DeNicola, APP, NEby Hawthorn University1,456 views
- 1:57:36 Mark C. Houston - Vascular Biology and Nutrition in Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease - AARMby RestorativeMedicine34 views
- 45:29 The Twins Who Share A Body - Extraordinary Peopleby Documentariz3,538,361 views
- 2:55:06 SBIRT as it Applies to SAMHSA Strategic Initiative #8, Public Awareness and Supportby TheIRETAchannel134 views
- 58:26 Lifestyle Intervention for the Prevention of Chronic Diseaseby University of California Television (UCTV)3,316 views
- 48:03 The Boy With The Incredible Brain - Extraordinary Peopleby Documentariz421,775 views
- 15:40 Why the government won't allow treatment for Chronic Lyme diseaseby Brittany Goff26,430 views
- 44:59 7 New Faces In 7 Days - Extraordinary Peopleby Documentariz136,784 views
- 44:58 Forbidden Knowledge ; Ancient Medical Secrets (Documentary)by EsotericHaven104,475 views
- 29:30 The Disease Model of Addictionby healthalertusa2,246 views
- 45:13 The Woman With Giant Legs - Extraordinary Peopleby Documentariz551,784 views
- Loading more suggestions...