Lyle Kessler talks about "being a writer" for TheTotalPictureSeminar.com
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 31, 2009
www.TheTotalPictureSeminar.com with Actor Martin Landau, Director Mark Rydell, & Screenwriter/Playwright Lyle Kessler. A one-time special event for Actors, Writers, Directors in every aspect of filmmaking.
Pacino, Burton, Strasberg, Allen, Hepburn, Fonda, Wayne, Caan, Depp, Finney, Coppola, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Carrey, De Niro, McQueen, Whittaker, among many other giants who have worked with these three men.
NEVER BEEN DONE
This unique two-day seminar is a first of its kind where all three disciplines are interwoven with active audience participation.
COMPLETE EDUCATION IN THE FILMMAKING PROCESS
This two-day in-depth education will give you a firm grasp of the significant aspects of filmmaking.
This is not just a lecture. Writers will submit five minute scenes directed and staged for the camera by Mark Rydell working with a renowned cinematographer. Actors will be cast from the audience and coached by Martin Landau.
The scene content will be analyzed and discussed by Lyle Kessler.
Martin Landau, Mark Rydell, and Lyle Kessler have worked together as a team for many decades at The Actors Studio. They bring industry experience, prestige, and personal success to the seminar. They each have a lifetime of teaching experience.
Clips from major motion pictures that Landau, Rydell, and Kessler have been involved with will be analyzed for their acting, directing, and writing content.
Ed Wood, On Golden Pond, Orphans, Crimes and Misdemeanors, among other films will be discussed with the audience.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
A unique insight into all three disciplines of filmmaking.
The Directors Notebook
An Actors Preparation
Evolution of a Screenplay
Character and Story
Working with Major Directors
Maximizing your talent
(Q&As) Audience Participation
Writers may submit 5 minute two-character scenes. For demonstration purposes they should be simple one set scenes. Four scenes will be selected and directed for the camera. Actors will be cast from the attendees based on character considerations. Participants should write a brief synopsis of their professional experience.
DATE: Sat & Sun Nov 14 & 15, 2009, 10AM-6PM
PLACE: UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, Haines Hall, Room 39
SPACE IS LIMITED, ENROLL KNOW
Standard YouTube License
- 9:52 FILM SCHOOL NYFA - GUEST LECTURE PAUL SCHRADER (part1)by nyfaabudhabi7,039 views
- 8:22 On Becoming a Writer - Part 1by Lamqdung2,468 views
- 31:28 DP/30: Lincoln, actor Sally Fieldby DP/3012,559 views
- 10:00 Orphans (1987) - Treat and Philipby Zennosaidosan3,848 views
- 8:34 Sanford Meisner - Theater's Best Kept Secret (Part 4 of 7)by meisneracting32,742 views
- 7:27 How To Become A Motivational Speakerby Rene Godefroy26,008 views
- 6:14 Eye To Eye With Katie Couric: Anthony Hopkins (CBS News)by CBS27,597 views
- 3:57 Paul McCartney accepts award Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductions 1999by Rock and Roll Hall of Fame + Museum173,258 views
- 2:18 Martin Landau talks about "being an actor" for TheTotalPictureSeminar.comby TheTotalPicture2,498 views
- 4:20 Martin Landau Interview (Part 1)by innerobject2,914 views
- 10:00 Ezra Miller Interview "Beware The Gonzo" Tribeca Film Festby ApREDentertainment66,369 views
- 2:22 Overview of TheTotalPictureSeminar.com - Martin Landau, Mark Rydell & Lyle Kessler.by TheTotalPicture945 views
- 9:10 Secrets to Success as a Writer (1 of 4)by Matthew Gilbert846 views
- 6:16 Orphans -- Key West Actor's Workshopby SouthernmostRadio578 views
- 2:54 Charlie Rose - 'Merchant of Venice'by Charlie Rose3,888 views
- 8:09 Being a Good Writer: Writing tips and strategies from Lucy Calkinsby Heinemann Publishing89,283 views
- 2:43 Intersection (9/9) Movie CLIP - He's Going Flat (1994) HDby movieclips6,503 views
- 3:40 Talking Volumes: Barbara Kingsolver on being a writerby MPRdotOrg6,528 views
- 2:54 Orphans (Preview Clip)by warnerarchive3,522 views
- 43:05 High Stakes Poker Season 7 Episode 11by GSNVideos410,668 views
- Loading more suggestions...