The Core of Architecture's Discourse Now
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 19, 2011
Introduction by William S. Saunders, Editor, Harvard Design Magazine.
Moderator and discussant:
Timothy Hyde, Associate Professor of Architecture, GSD, whose current research focuses onconcepts of artifice in architectural, literary, legal, and cultural theory in the twentieth century; author, A Constitutional Modernism: Architecture and Civil Society in the Cuban Republic (forthcoming, University of Minnesota Press); editor, Governing by Design: Architecture, Economy, and Politics in the Twentieth Century (forthcoming, University of Pittsburgh Press). http://internal.gsd.harvard.edu/peopl....
George P. Dodds, Associate Professor, James R. Cox Professor, University of Tennessee College of Architecture and Design, ACSA Distinguished Professor, Executive Editor, Journal of Architectural Education; author, Building Desire: On the Barcelona Pavilion and Body and Building: Essays on the Changing Relation of Body and Architecture. http://www.arch.utk.edu/directory/bio....
David Gissen, associate professor of architecture and visual studies and coordinator of the history/theory curriculum for architecture at the California College of theArts; author, Subnature: Architecture's Other Environment; guest editor, AD: Territory: Architecture Beyond Environment; editor, Big and Green.
Simon Sadler, Professor of Architectural and Urban History, University of California, Davis; author, The Situationist City and Archigram: Architecture withoutArchitecture; researcher on countercultural design, the legacies of thelate avant-garde, and the ways in which design is employed to model complicated concerns and processes. http://design.ucdavis.edu/facstaff/cu....
Meredith tenHoor, Adjunct Assistant Professor, School of Architecture, Pratt Institute; author and co-editor, Street Value: Shopping, Planning and Politics at Fulton Mall; and "The Architect's Farm" in Above the Pavement, the Farm; research focuses on the political economy of modern architecture, including her dissertation at Princeton University, a history of food, architecture, and biopolitics in postwar Paris. http://www.mtenhoor.net/.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:20:46 Discussions in Architecture: Bjarke Ingels with Preston Scott Cohenby TheHarvardGSD Featured 10,116
- 1:43:20 Jeffrey Kipnis and Reinhold Martin, "What Good Can Architecture Do?"by TheHarvardGSD6,287 views
- 1:52:23 Herzog & de Meuron, Lecture by Jacques Herzogby TheHarvardGSD51,394 views
- 2:11:27 Patrik Schumacher, "Parametric Order—21st Century Architectural Order"by TheHarvardGSD15,637 views
- 1:27:56 Discussions in Architecture: Stan Allen with Preston Scott Cohenby TheHarvardGSD3,630 views
- 2:14:23 What happened to the architectural manifesto? Session 1by ColumbiaGSAPP2,790 views
- 11:39 Mark Wigley | Architectural Theory: A View of Structureby CriticalThoughtTV1,975 views
- 141 videos Play all Architecture Theoryby kadoos182
- 2:13:42 The Eclipse of Beauty: Parametric Beauty (Mario Carpo, Michael Meredith, Ingeborg Rocker)by TheHarvardGSD3,058 views
- 2:02:46 Michael Maltzan, "Identity, Density, and Community in the Un-Model City"by TheHarvardGSD4,205 views
- 1:44:14 IIT Architecture Lecture Series: Kenneth Frampton, "World Megalopoli and the Japanese Experience"by IIT Today5,729 views
- 1:27:59 "Climate Engineering: Why Architects Need Engineers to Achieve Holistic Design Excellence"by TheHarvardGSD993 views
- 1:27:58 Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa, "Architecture is Environment"by TheHarvardGSD30,572 views
- 1:59 Peter Eisenman: What makes great architecture?by NBSLearningChannels121,876 views
- 1:20:42 SOU FUJIMOTO INTERVIEWby ARCHITECTURE SHOW (ex. Gradologija)3,279 views
- 43:04 DUBAI: The Greatest City On Earthby Anthony Elliott1,217,052 views
- 1:09:15 "Beaux Arts Complexity to Bauhaus Simplicity c. 1940s: Where is Architecture Going Today?"by TheHarvardGSD4,001 views
- 2:14:06 Architecture and Technology: the Beauty of Transgressionby TheHarvardGSD2,393 views
- 1:21:01 Bernard Tschumi Lectureby California College of the Arts12,132 views
- 26:22 Pier Vittorio Aureli: Future of History at Taubman Collegeby UMTaubmanCollege2,500 views