Lecrae - Take Me As I Am (lyrics)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 16, 2008
Purpose was just for you to be able to see the lyrics as you follow along with the rap. There are no interesting pictures in here -- just a verse I added at the end, Ephesians 2:8-10.
Here's more album info from Amazon.com:
Here's the record company's website:
Grace through faith.
I talked to a cat the other day
He was like, "Man I really wanna come to Christ
But I gotta clean my life up first, get my sins together"
I told 'em, I used to think that way too
I thought I had to change myself before I could come to Christ
But Christ changed me
Let me tell you my story, it starts like this:
It's 5:46 in the mornin', tossin' and turnin'
Chest burnin', sermons in my head keep reocurrin'
Havin' visions in my head of a kid
Cryin' at the feet of the Father, for all the wrong things that he did
Now I'm sweatin' in my sheets, can't sleep
My mind keeps tellin' me I'm six feet deep
Don't remind me, even though I'm still alive, I can't tell
The way I'm living my life, I feel I'm going to Hell
God, they telling me I should accept You
That You had to leave the world, cause the world left You
Reason I can't change, like a mystery to me
So I make believe there really is a heaven for a G
Even though they say You loved the world so much, You shed Your blood
God, I feel I'm too messed up for love
They tell me come as I am, but I smell like smoke
My whole life's full of sin 'cause it's all I know
The Bible told me that You died for my sins
If I believe in Christ, it'll save me from the end
But I'm scared to ask You, to save me; my heart
So evil, I got thoughts that's full of hatred, hurtin' people
I thought at first I had to clean up my life
Now I'm hearin' I just need to cling to the Light
I'm ready to do it, but Lord, I pray You understand
My life is a mess -- will You take me as I am?
Will You take me as I am?
I know the way I'm living is wrong
But I can't change on my own, trying to make it alone
I wonder, How could You love me when my life's so ugly?
But You came down and died for me...
...will you take me as I am?
I'm sick and tired of trying to be the man my daddy never taught me to be
I'm grown up now, life ain't what I thought it would be
I made many mistakes in my past I can't fix
Now I'm staring at this crucifix tatted on my wrist
Is it true what they telling me? Am I just crazy?
Did You bleed on the cross for my sins to save me?
But why would You die for me?
My whole life, I've been working for Satan while he fed lies to me
And now I'm hearing too much, trying to get a true touch
Of a love that can change me, I'm all screwed up
Figure hell is what I deserve
But Your Word says we all fall short, so I guess we all outta burn
Teach me, I wanna learn
How You could save a wretch like me, before death says, "It's my turn!"
I think I finally understand
No matter my past, You'll still take me as I am
My father had a few last words to give:
I be telling people the reason to live
The reason to die, united with the King in the sky
This life is passing us by; I got no reason to lie
You'll never give the world enough, they'll hunger for more
They figure there ways are nothin' to the wondrous Lord
More security than the man that left you
More love than the moms who kept you; He'll always accept you
Be everything you're supposed to
Let Christ rule your heart, mind, body and soul 'cause He chose you
And if the world don't know you
It don't matter, you're God's child, and He'll never disown you
Ya purpose on earth is far from worthless
That's why youre glorified like your life's been purchased
And it don't matter if the world don't see us
We still mean the world to Jesus
Yeah, we're saved by grace through faith; it's not works
Ain't nothin' you can do, ain't nothin' I can do
That could get us this grace salvation that we got, man
It's only Christ
So if you feel like you gotta clean yourself up before you can come to Him
Forget it -- Just come to Him
He'll take you as you are, and He'll change YOU
From the inside -- out
Standard YouTube License
- 46 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 4:07 Surrender - Flame ft. V. Rose (Full Video)by Kindred SheppardFeatured 890,617
- 1:06:30 Lecrae - Rehab (Full Album)by SB50Heels 156,082 views
- 4:10 "Boasting" Lecrae + Lyricsby ajubrilytube 281,976 views
- 3:50 Far Away- Lecrae Lyricsby oOxEMANxOo's channel 233,892 views
- 9:10 I AM SECOND - Lecrae Testimonyby Romaro Richardson 252,848 views
- 4:08 Lecrae - Don't Waste Your Life w/ lyricsby czarelle deguzman 643,729 views
- 50 videos Play all Lecrae and othersby asmiley08
- 8:49 I want to know You - Jesus Culture (with lyrics) (Worship with tears 16)by Love Jesus Forever 480,794 views
- Surenda's Official Channel 8 videos2K
- 4:50 Lecrae Truthby pantaziu 117,711 views
- 4:42 Lecrae ft Cam - Desperateby pantaziu 211,136 views
- 3:56 Boasting - Lecrae (feat. Anthony Evans) - lyrics on screenby Conqueror837 955,242 views
- 4:10 Change - Lecrae (with lyrics)by PenuelMaypa 286,972 views
- 4:00 God Is Enough - Lecrae (feat. Flame & Jai) - lyrics on screenby Conqueror837 2,180,171 views
- 4:45 Leacrae-Souled outby lazz116 669,574 views
- 5:04 One Thing Remains - Jesus Culture (lyric video)by TheCommissioned 2,886,259 views
- 6:57 Chris Tomlin ft. Lecrae - Our Godby Nils Nordgren 496,657 views
- 3:50 Lecrae - Don't Waste Your Life ft. Cam Video (@Lecrae @Reachrecords)by reachrecords 5,390,451 views
- 2:41 Fall - Ed Sheeran Lyricsby 3m11ybb3's channel 1,687,018 views
- 3:46 Lecrae - Identityby CrossOverTV 364,103 views
- 3:37 Lecrae - TELL THE WORLD Feat. Mali Music (@lecrae @reachrecords)by Reach Records 1,746,152 views
- 3:32 Transformers- Lecrae and Trip Leeby demolish145 170,850 views
- Loading more suggestions...