Syria: No end to the carnage in sight
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 17, 2012
http://www.euronews.com/ As the violence in Syria continues unabated diplomatic moves to end the carnage are intensifying
The UN has expressed its fears for the well being of civilians caught up in the fighting and Iran, an ally of President Basher al-Assad, has touted a six-point plan to end the chaos.
Tehran wants "an immediate halt to violence and armed actions under the supervision of the UN." Iran has long advocated a political solution between government and opposition groups to end the crisis. However, rebels reject any Iranian involvement in the search for a solution as many believe Tehran's undisputed backing of Assad discredits any plan.
Hassan Kazemi is an advisor to the the Iranian Vice-President, Hassan Kazemi Qumi:
"The Islamic Republic of Iran supports the Syrian regime and backs the policies of reforms held by the Syrian government. We support any dialogue and the national reconciliation of Syria."
Turkey wants Assad to step-down early next year and the French believe that the end is nigh for the regime.
Laurent Fabius, French Minister of Foreign Affairs:
"I think that the end is very close for Bashar al-Assad, you have seen, even if it is controversial, that the Russians are now considering it. We must now ask ourselves if Assad wants to set the whole region on fire."
The bombing by a Syrian air force jet that killed and wounded scores of Palestinians in the Yarmouk refugee camp on Sunday, the largest camp in Damascus, has further displaced thousands.
Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey are already under pressure from the sheer volume of those fleeing the fighting.
Find us on:
Standard YouTube License
- 1:55:21 Zagreb: Doček generala Gotovine i Markačaby Republika BiHFeatured 17,598
- 1:36 Israel increases reservists and missile defenceby Euronews 26,006 views
- 1:19 Russia prepares to evacuate citizens from Syriaby Euronews 3,473 views
- 0:58 Is this the endgame in Syria?by Euronews 2,439 views
- 7:56 euronews interview - Ebadi speaks for Sotoudeh: support Iran's dissidents in every way possibleby Euronews 829 views
- 1:41 Andaman police start probe into Jarawa video [Reporter HD]by Reporter 623,066 views
- 1:18 Syrian Jihad: Salafist leader threatens Israel: "After Damascus we march on Tel Aviv"by JewishNewsOne 4,493 views
- 7:48 Syria: extended interview with deputy foreign ministerby Channel 4 News 746 views
- 1:23:08 SYRIA: Will the prophecy of establishing a Caliphate on the method of Prophethood be realised soon?by Hizb ut-Tahrir Channel 2,649 views
- 40:01 Exclusive Interview with Former Iran Nuclear Negotiaor Hossein Mousavianby voacapitol 2,097 views
- 7:12 Maz Jobrani: A Saudi, an Indian and an Iranian walk into a Qatari bar ...by TEDtalksDirector 383,120 views
- 5:38 WWIII Syria Conflict Aleppo FSA Capture Syrian Army Base Khan Tuman Cuts Idlib Rail Spurby VerifiedNews 941 views
- 12:10 Free Syrian Army: Arming Terrorists? | Interview with Mimi Al Lahamby breakingtheset 3,367 views
- 31:41 Syria - More SAA tank footage from Darayya 16/12by Moerdarvalen 2,601 views
- 3:23 Syrian war photographer breaks taboosby CNN 1,512 views
- 3:09 Syria's 'unwinnable war'by Channel4News 810 views
- 2:37 Captured Syrian pilot speaks to Al Jazeeraby AlJazeeraEnglish 93,522 views
- 6:46 Syria news - Terrorist groups actions is continuing in Homs 07-02-2012by memmouk1 344,772 views
- 13:02 'US Mid-East blunder a lesson not to start WW3 with Iran'by RussiaToday 19,555 views
- 8:37 'Ground being prepared for Syria intervention' - ex-US Chief of Staffby RussiaToday 56,253 views
- Loading more suggestions...