Syria: No end to the carnage in sight
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 17, 2012
http://www.euronews.com/ As the violence in Syria continues unabated diplomatic moves to end the carnage are intensifying
The UN has expressed its fears for the well being of civilians caught up in the fighting and Iran, an ally of President Basher al-Assad, has touted a six-point plan to end the chaos.
Tehran wants "an immediate halt to violence and armed actions under the supervision of the UN." Iran has long advocated a political solution between government and opposition groups to end the crisis. However, rebels reject any Iranian involvement in the search for a solution as many believe Tehran's undisputed backing of Assad discredits any plan.
Hassan Kazemi is an advisor to the the Iranian Vice-President, Hassan Kazemi Qumi:
"The Islamic Republic of Iran supports the Syrian regime and backs the policies of reforms held by the Syrian government. We support any dialogue and the national reconciliation of Syria."
Turkey wants Assad to step-down early next year and the French believe that the end is nigh for the regime.
Laurent Fabius, French Minister of Foreign Affairs:
"I think that the end is very close for Bashar al-Assad, you have seen, even if it is controversial, that the Russians are now considering it. We must now ask ourselves if Assad wants to set the whole region on fire."
The bombing by a Syrian air force jet that killed and wounded scores of Palestinians in the Yarmouk refugee camp on Sunday, the largest camp in Damascus, has further displaced thousands.
Lebanon, Jordan and Turkey are already under pressure from the sheer volume of those fleeing the fighting.
Find us on:
Standard YouTube License
- 1:36 Israel increases reservists and missile defenceby euronews (in English)30,180 views
- 7:56 euronews interview - Ebadi speaks for Sotoudeh: support Iran's dissidents in every way possibleby euronews (in English)859 views
- 0:58 Is this the endgame in Syria?by euronews (in English)2,707 views
- 1:10 Obama to visit Newtown as locals share griefby euronews (in English)2,527 views
- 40:01 Exclusive Interview with Former Iran Nuclear Negotiaor Hossein Mousavianby Siamak Ofogh2,880 views
- 4:45 Michael Scheuer - "Israel Is Spying On The U.S., Stealing Technology & Bribing Congress"by Tressco45,671 views
- 1:18 Syrian Jihad: Salafist leader threatens Israel: "After Damascus we march on Tel Aviv"by JewishNewsOne14,980 views
- 3:50 IAEA talks with Iran needs a frameworkby PressTVGlobalNews471 views
- 7:48 Syria: extended interview with deputy foreign ministerby Channel 4 News1,048 views
- 3:16 17-year-old Syrian risks life to rescueby CNN296,016 views
- 2:58 Iranian commander warns Turkey against Patriot missiles deploymentby PressTVGlobalNews1,609 views
- 26:15 Battle For Syria_ View from the Frontline_ NEVER USE HEAVY WEAPONS TO PROTECT CIVIL -English subby R3V0Lution1O233 views
- 0:47 Vava Suresh caught King Cobara at Anghamuzhi [Reporter HD]by Reporter Live162,714 views
- 26:46 Débat sur l'Iran - avec Reza Pahlavi, Bernard Kouchner et Bernard Hourcadeby Reza Pahlavi15,543 views
- 12:10 Free Syrian Army: Arming Terrorists? | Interview with Mimi Al Lahamby breakingtheset4,499 views
- 7:14 Myhome_ Episode 33_Part 2 [Reporter HD]by Reporter Live16,111 views
- 7:12 Maz Jobrani: A Saudi, an Indian and an Iranian walk into a Qatari bar ...by TED674,995 views
- 8:26 Russian Diplomat Urges Political Deal in Syriaby PBS NewsHour2,760 views
- 3:44 Syria War Front Update November 21 2013by Newsnation626,404 views
- 13:00 Qatar Tries to Decouple Hamas from Iranby TheRealNews2,887 views
- Loading more suggestions...