(Must See) Ron Paul supporters you must see this!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 29, 2011
Q. How stupid are american voters?
A. Bush was re-elected.
Guess that answers that.
The Anti-Incumbency Movement is Dead
Joel S. Hirschhorn
The Intelligence Daily
November 10, 2008
In the larger picture, the anti-incumbency movement merely serves as a distraction from more sensible approaches for reforming and revitalizing American democracy. It is just another of a seemingly endless array of ineffective and marginalized political reform movements. Until American patriots and dissidents unite behind something a lot more powerful the two-party plutocracy will remain in power.
The core problem is that the public has been thoroughly brainwashed to believe in the two-party system. One major consequence is that they refuse to vote for third-party candidates, so that even when they see what is tragic about our politicians they think the solution as voting for a challenger from the other major party. This happens despite the high fraction of voters registered as independents.
The anti-incumbency movement could only be successful if it was truly bipartisan so that voters rejected not only ALL incumbent Democrats and Republicans, but also refused to elect new members to Congress from BOTH major parties. Merely shifting control of Congress from one of the major parties to the other has never worked effectively. Why? Simple, both major parties have been corrupted by the same corporate and other special interests that pervert public policies to serve them rather than the general public.
The problem is that we still do not effective political competition in a nation that prides itself about competition. The two-party duopoly and plutocracy has worked hard to block true political competition. When it comes to congressional elections, gerrymandering has been used as a potent weapon. Gerrymandering of districts by both major parties when they have the power to accomplish it has not only protected incumbents, it has also made it nearly impossible for third party congressional candidates that are on a huge number of ballots to be successful.
Nelson Lee Walker of Tenure Corrupts recently made these sage observations: Im coming around to the idea that the bulk of the American people are basically stupid, stupid, stupid! Why? How else can we explain how Congress, which has a 9% approval rating, gets reelected about 95% of the time? Do we ever throw the bums out? Listen to these stats: Senate: As of 2008, of 100 Senators, 39 (39%) reelected for 18 yrs or more, 4 over 40 years! House: As of 2008, of 435 members, 143 (33%) reelected for 14 yrs or more, 5 over 36 years! And the longer these guys are in office, the more of them will run unopposed in future elections, since nobody will bother to challenge them. Unopposed races have doubled in the last 20 years, from 40 to 80 seats. And who is responsible for this sad state of affairs? YOU!!! Not your dumb neighbor. Not the media. Not the crooked political system. Just YOU, the typical stupid American! The guy who complains how those crooked politicians are ripping off the country and sending us all down the tubes, and then reelects them!
In this of all years these critical views are hard to dispute. After all, could it be any clearer that the anti-incumbency movement is a failure? I urge those who have put so much time and energy into the anti-incumbency movement to call it quits and devote themselves to strategies that may be more effective. One option is to work hard to form a new national third party. Another is to support the relatively new nonpartisan attempt by Friends of the Article V Convention at www.foavc.org to compel Congress to give Americans what they have a constitutional right to have and what has been requested by the required number of states, and what the Founders believed we would need when the public lost trust and confidence in the federal government: an Article V convention that could consider proposals for constitutional amendments, a number of which could truly reform the structure of our dysfunctional political system.
For too long Congress has refused to obey the Constitution and we dumb Americans have let them get away with it, in large part because both Democrats and Republicans have feared (and instilled fear about) such a convention. The same people that keep getting elected to Congress! Hows that for symmetrical infamy ?
***For those of you wondering why Bush was so helpful with the transition period, this is why(b/c- Whistleblower: Bush's NSA spied on EVERYONE) . You don't piss off the next president when you've got a closet that, in narnia-like fasion, opens out into a crypt full of skeletons
Standard YouTube License
- 13:30 Ron Paul is in The Fight of His Life, We Must Stand With Him!by Alex's Official Channel 244,828 views
- 11:55 Ron Paul - 30% of people who watch this whole video change their voteby Woodrow Voluntaryist 239,142 views
- 6:46 Why Hasn't This Video Gone Viral?by Christian Malazarte 458,777 views
- 2:38 TSA starts stopping people on US highways without warrants or probable causeby Kelly Alwood 154,013 views
- 8:59 Chris Matthews Plays Alex Jones, Ron Paul Radio Interviewby PigMine3 20,366 views
- 62 videos Play all Ron Paulby tbottruth
- 8:04 Obama Signs Martial Law Bill: NDAA Now Lawby Alex's Official Channel 526,020 views
- 3:09 Exton, PA Cop Harasses Ron Paul Supportersby Cop Block 50,908 views
- 6:55 Kent Sorenson Says Michele Bachmann Is Lying About Ron Paul Offering Him Moneyby MOXNEWSd0tC0M 4,121 views
- 5:51 If Hindsight is 20/20 - Then Expect Tyranny in 2012by AMTV | Greenewave 4,518 views
- 15:02 Ron Paul can beat Romney and Obamaby Dj Gabriel's Channel 167,752 views
- 6:27 Establishment Media Crucifies Ron Paul On Every Frontby Alex's Official Channel 26,252 views
- 50:51 NDAA Senators RECALLED Infowars Nightly Newsby AngryDutchGuy 934 views
- 1:24 Ron Paul Makes Mitt Romney Look Stupidby TLP News 1,412,705 views
- 26:37 Ten reasons not to vote for Ron Paulby Adam Kokesh 175,597 views
- 7:55 Love Obama? This Will Piss You Off (But You Need To Hear It)by TheYoungTurks 263,434 views
- 2:00 Ron Paul leaves News Anchor speechless: Morning Joe gets hit with a Truth Bombby SergeantPepper99 597,419 views
- 4:50 NEW RON PAUL AD DESTROYS THE ENTIRE ESTABLISHMENT and flushes the remaining pieces down the toilet!by seipher0615 174,381 views
- 4:34 CNN: How Stupid Are Americans?by Rick Shenkman 825,010 views
- 4:31 Ron Paul 2012 Amazing!!!by Nordichabs 621,331 views
- 7:42 EPIC RON PAUL SUPPORTERS & VICTORY AT CALIFORNIA STRAW POLLby TruthIndeed 10,191 views