Team Portress (Team Fortress 2 modification)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 11, 2010
Join the 3-PG community group for updates: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/3pg
IS NOT READY YET
Team Portress is a combination between... well... Team Fortress and Portal.
Concocted/coded/and modded by our brilliant coder Pawn all glory goes to him, I'm just the humble film-maker
The reason the Portals are not see through is because it would be extremeeeely difficult to process all of the images, especially if there are 24+ people on a server, it would crash very often because it Just can't handle it.
Team Portress is currently in alpha stage as of 5/10/10
Current bugs: Being able to exit out of broken portals
3-PG servers: (DO NOT HAVE PORTAL MOD ON THEM)
3-PG.com: Accelerated [2x Damage + more!] 22.214.171.124:27015
3-PG.com: Party-Time [2x Damage + more!]
The full story is that the modder for the 3PG community (Pawn) had been working on this for a full month and didn't intend on letting anybody know until it was much further along. However, valve recently put a policy in place that bans custom items from being given to players, in an effort to stop servers from giving people valve made hats. He was ready to scrap the whole thing until we found a temporary hack to bypass the ban and now he just wants to show off what he has done while he still can. If you want to help, we have a petition to ask valve to rethink their ban on item mods https://secure.voogru.com/petition/in...
Some things that might have not been mentioned in the video.
-The portals can be destroyed by shooting them, so if the enemy is doing something like setting up a portal between the two flag rooms you can just shoot the portals and shatter them. The current HP is about that of a sentry but it can changed to make it fair.
-The gun physically replaces the secondary weapon for the classes that get them. The medic and spy don't get them as the game treats the medigun and the diguise kit as their respective secondaries.
-The third person view in the video is just for demonstration to show that it is indeed in TF2.
-It is apparently possible to add textures that are immune to portals in the map editor, so a map made specifically for the mod would hopefully be grief proof.
-The intention is to make this a whole new game mode with its own unique maps designed around the new gameplay.
-At this point the early alpha version shown in the video is only available on our secret internal test server. I would rather open the test server up to the public, but the others prefer not to let most people use it until it is further along.
Standard YouTube License
- 14:50 Team Fortress 2 - Weird & Wacky Wins 1by gNatFreak Featured 285,871
- EvilDaedalus 52 videos29K
- 5:11 [TF2] A Child's Rage in TF2.by silent1497481,507 views
- 2:25 (ENG) Team Fortress 2 LEGO #1by Горбатенко Михаил976,509 views
- 8:14 Вскрытие 41 ящика Манн Ко. TF2by HappyTank125,041 views
- 1:59 Heavy meets GLaDOSby SameOldBlaholtzen255,341 views
- 7:17 Team Fortress 2: All Class Balloon Battles Part 1by Criken2615,967 views
- 6:30 [TF2] Fun Team Fortress 2 Mods!by WTF_Gibson339,129 views
- 4:09 Strange Market Gardener: Path to 100 Killsby STAR_915,868 views
- 7:13 Team Fortress 2 - Heavy's Mission to Marsby BorMachine945,280 views
- 2:40 Spy Check! (Team Fortress 2 Machinima)by Machinima715,921 views
- 9:41 Team Fortress 2: Moments with Heavy - Heavy Goes Bowlingby kitty07064,047,097 views
- 5:19 Team Fortress 2 - Heavy's Time Machineby BorMachine394,838 views
- 8:51 Team Flatulence 2by kitty07062,140,071 views
- 4:46 Portal Gun In The Stanley Parableby Ian Boswell58,247 views
- 10:39 Ultimate TF2 Rage-10minutes Longby stevenintheevening1,215,194 views
- 47 videos Play all Team Fortress 2by Lyntills
- 3:29 Team Fortress 2 - Trailerby GamerSpawn2,619,916 views
- 8:59 Team Fortress 2: Moments with Heavy - Heavy Orders an Xbox 360by kitty07063,169,934 views
- 4:10 Meet the Medicby teamfortress21,452,929 views