Uploaded on Nov 15, 2009
SUBSCRIBE please :D
sorry I was practically YELLING in this video, I gave Rachael Ray a run for her money LOL. But after a long and arduous search for volumizers that will spring my flat hair into life, I finally found 2 products that will beef up my strands without making them sticky or weighed down :D!!! I was so happy that I had to film after blowdrying my hair! NO TEASING NECESSARY!!
Here are the steps I took to get my Texas hairstyle. The best part is that these products DO NOT make your hair sticky or weighed down, so you can use additional heat tools to finish the style without the crunchiness or flaking.
Step 1) Towel-dry hair for about 15 minutes after your shower. You don't really have to do anything here, just let your hair sit in a towel while you dress or do your makeup. 'Towel-dried' means your hair isn't dripping water and is beginning to separate away from its wet clumps.
2) Apply a golfball size blob of mousse to your roots in a 'massaging' motion as if you were shampooing.
3) Add another golfball blob to the rest of your hair, and comb through
4) Separate your hair into random sections (I had about 7 for my whole head--dont overdue it!) and spray a root lifting spray gel at the ROOTS (DO NOT use a thick spray gel here (like the Garnier curl boosting spray gel), use one that is water based because a thick one like Garnier will weigh down your hair and make it sticky!
5) Finish with the gel by sectioning off your hair into thirds and spritz the spray gel once on each section of HAIR (not roots :P)
6) Apply your heat protectant throughout your hair (Use a spray for fine hair because lotion protectants will weight it down)
7) Blow-dry using a paddle brush with rubber bristles until your hair is ALMOST dry (maybe 50% damp). Be careful when blowdrying your bangs upside down because your hair will lay in the direction you blow dry in, and no amount of products will fix that direction until your next shampoo.
8) Separate your hair into the same 3 sections and spray once more on each. Finish blowdrying..
9) Finish the style with a serum like John Freida Frizz-Ease to tame frizz and a light hairspray or follow up with a straightener or curling iron because your hair will NOT be sticky so it is safe to use additional heat.
Products I used:
Pantene Pro-V Volumizing Mousse- $3.87 from Target
Suave Volumizing Root Lifting Spray Gel- $2.22 from Wal-Mart
(not pictured) Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray- $3ish from WalMart
Conair Infiniti Blow Dryer
Conair Paddle Brush
Standard YouTube License