How to Cook Nigerian Fried Rice
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 21, 2011
Nigerian Food is yummy! See more Nigerian recipes: http://bit.ly/NigerianRecipes See more information about this recipe by clicking "Show More" below.
Nigerian Fried Rice written recipe: http://www.allnigerianrecipes.com/ric...
Facebook Fan page: http://www.facebook.com/allnigerianre...
Watch more Nigerian Rice recipes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBeD6o...
There are some instructions written inside the video. To see them, watch the video on a Desktop or Laptop computer, those watching on a mobile device cannot see Youtube annotations.
•Rice - 3 cigar cups | 750g
•Chicken (whole chicken or chicken drumsticks)
•Cow Liver (100g)
•Plain Yellow Curry Powder -- no chilli (enough to colour the rice)
•Green Beans (a handful)
•5 medium sized carrots
•Salt (to taste)
•Onions - 3 medium sized bulbs
•Seasoning -- 3 big Maggi/Knorr cubes & Thyme (1 tablespoon)
- Chicken is the best meat for preparing Nigerian Fried Rice. Cut yours into desired pieces. Grilled Chicken video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=holpA4...
- If your vegetables are too tough, you may want to boil them for a bit instead of soaking.
- After soaking/boiling the vegetables in hot water, pour in a sieve to drain (this step was missed in the video)
- The curry powder is merely for coloring so this is not the hot and spicy Indian curry!
- Use a generous quantity of water when parboiling the rice.
Nigerian Fried Rice can go bad very quickly. Eat it once you finish preparing it. Or refrigerate immediately. If you want to serve it at a party, please cook it very close to the serving time, if not, it will go bad! It will be good for up to 48 hours if refrigerated.
1. Why did you fry the rice separately? Why can't you just fry it all at once?
I fried the rice in small batches because that's the only way to actually get every single grain of the rice fried for a few minutes. That way the flavour of the ingredients will go into the rice and make your fried rice taste better.
If you "fry" them all at once, all you are doing is basically mixing everything together and your fried rice won't taste as delicious as when you fry in small batches. Do you want to prepare Mixed Rice? Then mix all the ingredients at once. There's a HUGE difference between Fried Rice and Mixed Rice :DDD
In Nigeria, when we want to cook rice (Jollof, Fried etc) for a large crowd we do it outside with a large gas stove known as osi ite in Igbo lol. You still get to fry in batches
(that are much bigger than mine, of course) because the intense heat can handle the larger quantity. If you don't, the rice will taste like ... cardboard, yea that's the only thing I can think of ... lol!
Give your fried rice a chance to taste as delicious as it should ... Fry in batches.
If you think it's too much work then maybe cooking fried rice is not for you :DDD
2. Is the liver compusory?
I can't stand liver but I don't mind it at all in this recipe. Maybe because it is diced. It adds a lot of flavour to this recipe and without it, fried rice tastes kind of bland. Take this from a liver hater :DD
So, unless you are vegetarian, do yourself a favour and add liver to your fried rice, you'll love it!
Background Music: http://www.danosongs.com
Standard YouTube License
- 1:09:40 Evil Women - Nigerian Nollywood Moviesby Inside IbakaTv Featured 188,393
- 14:03 How to Make Nigerian Meat Pieby All Nigerian Recipes474,215 views
- 7:22 How to Make Nigerian Puff Puff (Kpof Kpof)by All Nigerian Recipes366,721 views
- 5:24 How to Make Nigerian Tomato Stew for Jollof Riceby All Nigerian Recipes119,487 views
- 12:38 Fried Riceby TOCHFood17,157 views
- 10:28 Egusi Soupby AfroFoodTV37,713 views
- 7:57 Senegalese Poulet Yassaby The Cooking Tree96,346 views
- 8:17 HOW TO MAKE SCOTCH EGGS - VIDEO RECIPEby Nicko's Kitchen475,000 views
- 3:42 How To Cook Nigerian Jollof Rice.by AfricanFoodRecipes95,181 views
- 6:03 How to make Egusi and vegetable soupby AfricanfoodTV141,123 views
- 7:48 Steamed Moroccan Chicken Recipeby cookingwithalia30,380 views
- 4:24 How to make Chinese Fried Rice 蛋炒饭by ChineseHealthyCook144,413 views
- 9:06 Jollof Riceby AfroFoodTV71,201 views
- 10 videos Play all Rice recipesby kadirecipes
- 8:38 How To Make Vegetable Fried Rice.by caribbeanpot854,855 views
- 6:34 How to make fried riceby ltkman2,189,612 views
- 6:10 How to make Nigerian Suyaby All Nigerian Recipes89,633 views
- 6:37 How To Make Eggrollsby Pandalita203,180 views
- 6:18 How to Make Nigerian Pancakeby All Nigerian Recipes88,069 views
- 3:18 how to prepare fried rice, chinese styleby John Doe2,429,815 views