Cory Richards: Saying Goodbye at Everest Base Camp
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 18, 2012
Photographer Cory Richards is part of an expedition to climb Mount Everest in the coming weeks, sponsored by National Geographic and The North Face. The experience is being covered in dispatches, photos and video in National Geographic magazine's May issue for iPad starting April 16. http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/eve...
The expedition is led by famed mountaineer and The North Face athlete Conrad Anker. Anker, along with Richards, a fellow The North Face athlete, seek to repeat the historic climb of the 1963 National Geographic-sponsored American Mount Everest Expedition. The two athletes will attempt to summit via Everest's seldom visited West Ridge, and their alpine-style climb will be documented by Richards for a print feature in National Geographic magazine early next year. In addition to the team of Anker and Richards, a second team composed of The North Face athletes, Montana State University geologist David Lageson, and National Geographic writer Mark Jenkins will attempt to summit from the more common Southeast Ridge route.
The expedition is sponsored by National Geographic and The North Face, with support from Montana State University, which has created online science curriculum about the Himalayas for fifth graders. Joining the climbers at Base Camp will be a team of five Mayo Clinic researchers who will study the impacts of high altitude on human physiology.
National Geographic: http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/eve...
The North Face: http://www.neverstopexploring.com/blo...
Montana State University: http://www.montana.edu/everest/
Mayo Clinic: http://advancingthescience.mayo.edu/
Standard YouTube License
- 3:23 1963 American Everest Expedition: The West Ridgeby Eddie Bauer/First Ascent Featured 2,590
- 30:16 National Geographic Live! - Ed Viesturs: The Will to Climbby National Geographic212,242 views
- 14:34 National Geographic Live! - Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner: Conquering K2by National Geographic135,074 views
- 27:08 Hangout with Climbers on Mount Everest - National Geographic Magazineby National Geographic11,013 views
- 15:27 National Geographic Live! - Sky Caves of Nepal, Part 3: The Photographerby National Geographic39,549 views
- 1:13:16 The Beckoning Silenceby Rick H70,314 views
- 49:23 Mountain Men : The ghosts of K2by Ashish Chanda154,907 views
- 14:50 16x9 - Frozen in Time: Missing climber Holland's body found frozen 21 years laterby 16x9onglobal158,355 views
- 31:39 National Geographic Live! - The Call of Everestby National Geographic58,102 views
- 22:00 Inside the 1996 Everest Disaster - Ken Kamlerby ForaTv1,045,367 views
- 43:18 The North Face - Everestby bycucala598 views
- 6:22 Everest 2012 - The summit pushby Mark Horrell43,378 views
- 15:00 Everest Base Camp Trek 2012 - Part 3 of 6by Kenny Chua5,079 views
- 15:18 Everest Mountain Flight Buddha Air Nepal HD 1080p from Kathmandu Canon 5D Mark IIby wp jrnl58,346 views
- 8:26 Gasherbrum II 8035mt - First Winter Ascent Ever - 2nd February 2011by The North Face Europe109,967 views
- 44:03 Mt. Everest How it was made HD 1080pby mavireck127,972 views
- 56:24 Climbing MT Everest with a Mountain on My Back The Sherpa's Story BBC full documentary 2013 nepalby Mrbikiwiki2012247,848 views
- 11:26 Everest Base Camp Trek: A Complete Overviewby rrowdy3357,782 views
- 3:25 GII Winter Expedition Simone, Denis and Cory The Beginningby Piotr Wojnowski1,183 views
- 2:35 Everest Base Camp Tent Tour with Travis! [Everest Education Expedition 2012]by MSU Outreach9,205 views
- Loading more suggestions...