Uploaded on Mar 8, 2009
Custom built weapon.
- The main feature of the Rock-It Launcher is its versatility with ammunition. Virtually any piece of debris or junk found in the wasteland can be used as ammunition. Even human remains can be used as ammunition in the Rock-It Launcher. Ammo is fired in a random order so if there is a preferred object you wish to fire, only load the weapon with your object of choice. Ammo might be its one big advantage over say the Blackhawk (which also does dmg in the 50s), the Rock-It Launcher isn't limited to 6 shots, it's just limited in range.
- Heavier objects will arc more in flight outside of V.A.T.S. targeting; given the rate of fire (3.3/s) and high Action Point cost (32) it may be important to aim freehand more often. Since objects are launched with Havok physics, the shape of the object has as much influence as the weight in how it flies; e.g. a Butter Knife, weight 1, will fly straighter than a Baseball, also weight 1. A Hammer, weight 2, will arc less than the weight 1 Plunger, because the plunger isn't oriented lengthwise in flight as the hammer is.
- When loading for non-V.A.T.S. firing, you may want to select similar shapes and weights for a consistent trajectory.
- It's also important to consider that unlike weightless ammo, the items you use in this gun will count against your total weight, even though they disappear from your inventory when loaded.
- While the Launcher is a lot of fun, and weighs much less than the sum of its parts, you lose money making it. If you are really strapped for cash, it may be better to sell the parts rather than make the weapon.
- It is possible that the Wood Chipper was a planned component, evidenced by the "Mister Chipper" logo present on the Rock-it Launcher, but was replaced before the game was released. This is also proven by the fact that in an interview, it was mentioned that a Wood Chipper was a used component.
- You can, however, shoot some objects that are considerably larger than the diameter of the Firehose Nozzle 'barrel' should allow - including another Firehose Nozzle.
Throughout the course of the game, it is best to steal all light junk and hoard it for this weapon. Stuff that is weightless, like pre war money, and stuff that is very light, like cutlery, is ideal for this weapon. You can have a lot of ammo and not have to waste inventory space.
- Items that have been fired from the Rock-It Launcher can be picked up and loaded back in, thus ensuring that you will never run out of ammo as long as you remember to pick up every item the weapon fired.
- Any object that is not picked up in a couple minutes after being fired will evaporate.
- You cannot damage vehicles with this weapon.
FALLOUT WIKI INFO:
Standard YouTube License