RUSH - Neil Peart drum solo 3 LIVE 09072012 @ First night 2012 Clockwork Angels tour Manchester NH
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 10, 2012
Neil Ellwood Peart (born September 12, 1952), OC, is a Canadian musician and author. He is the drummer and lyricist for the rock band Rush. Peart grew up in Port Dalhousie, Ontario. After a discouraging stint in England to concentrate on his music, Peart returned home, where he joined a local Toronto band, Rush (joining Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson), in the summer of 1974. In addition to being a musician. Peart officially joined the band on July 29, 1974, two weeks before the group's first US tour. Peart procured a silver Slingerland kit which he played at his first gig with the band, opening for Uriah Heep and Manfred Mann in front of over 11,000 people at the Civic Arena, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on August 14, 1974.
In his personal life ... Soon after the conclusion of Rush's Test for Echo Tour on July 4, 1997, Peart's first daughter and then-only child, 19-year-old Selena Taylor, was killed in a single-car accident on Highway 401 near the town of Brighton, Ontario, on August 10, 1997. His common-law wife of 22 years, Jacqueline Taylor, succumbed to cancer only 10 months later on June 20, 1998. Peart, however, maintains that her death was the result of a "broken heart" and called it "a slow suicide by apathy. She just didn't care."
Peart is also a prolific writer, having published several memoirs about his travels. Peart is also Rush's primary lyricist. In writing lyrics for Rush, Peart addresses universal themes and diverse subject matter including science fiction, fantasy, and philosophy, as well as secular, humanitarian and libertarian themes. All five of his books are travel-based non-fiction, though they diverge into his life and these subjects as well. Peart currently resides in Santa Monica, California, with his wife, photographer Carrie Nuttall, and daughter, Olivia Louise. He also has a home in the Laurentian Mountains of Quebec, Canada, and spends time in Toronto for recording purposes.
The album's cover depicts a clock marked with alchemical symbols instead of numbers. It displays the time as 9:12 (21:12 in 24-hour time past noon), in reference to the band's 2112 album and its title suite. Other symbols are incorporated into the band name and album title. The cover art was illustrated by graphics artist and long-time Rush collaborator Hugh Syme.
For more on Neil, visit neilpeart.net
Standard YouTube License
- 6:12 Rush 9-7-12: 25 - Working Man - Manchester, NH - Clockwork Angels Tour 2012 Opening Nightby squintyt4e Featured 2,534
- 2:42:54 Rush Time Machine Live In Cleveland 2011 BluRay 1080p DTS HDby Alexander Lecard2,186 views
- 2:46:14 RUSH WELLS FARGO CENTER 2012 FULL SHOW CLOCKWORK ANGLES TOURby mjk21129,012 views
- 2:49:16 Rush - Snakes and Arrows Tour - Live in Holland - Full Concert - HDby Alex Dunn14,499 views
- 8:21 Rush - Clockwork Angels Tour DVD - Headlong Flight + Neil Peart Drum soloby StrengthInNumbers1,537 views
- 24:09 Neil Peart Full Interview On The Hourby xxxx15us64,286 views
- 9:33 RUSH - Red Sector A / YYZ LIVE 09072012 @ Opening Night Clockwork Angels Tour in Manchester NHby edgeofthewind1,616 views
- 41:38 RUSH - The Making Of Snakes and Arrows [720p Full]by DifferentStringsBBD56,651 views
- 1:02:51 Rush - Snakes & Arrows (Full Album) 2007by Cosmic Cactus39,575 views
- 7:32 A Young Alex Lifeson and His Parents Clash Over His Futureby retronovation7110,951 views
- 8:38 Neil Peart Drum Solo - Letterman, June 9, 2011by Zach Bernard1,489,687 views
- 13:16 A God Of Guitar - Some Of Alex Lifeson's Greatest Solosby AllRushHD22,916 views
- 5:24 Rush - The Analog Kid (Clockwork Angels Tour DVD) Live, 2012by Bruno Samppa935 views
- 2:49:17 Rush Snakes And Arrowsby TheKarlsruheprotest250,794 views
- 5:56 Neil Peart - (Drum Solo) on Letterman 6-9-2011by 1016vortex82,773 views
- 38:59 Rush - 2112 Full Album (1976)by TerrenceTJ Ripley103,114 views
- 7:39 RUSH - Introfilm + Subdivisions LIVE 09072012 @ Opening nite Clockwork Angels tour Manchester NHby edgeofthewind835 views
- 7:06 RUSH - Where's My Thing /Drum solo #1 LIVE 09072012@ First night Clockwork Angels tour Manchester NHby edgeofthewind1,121 views
- 37:30 Rush - A Farewell to Kings (1977) Full Album (Best format - track links)by 33115metal68,608 views
- 5:42 Geddy Lee's 2007 Bass Collectionby BassPlayerMag42,547 views
- Loading more suggestions...