CA Pro-Lifers Respond to ObamaCare Ruling
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 29, 2012
On June 28, 2012, Right to Life of Central California (RLCC) joined with local community leaders representing the faith, healthcare, business and legal communities to respond to the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), popularly known as "ObamaCare." Undoubtedly, the Supreme Court's ruling on this law is one of the most important constitutional decisions in our lifetime. It will impact our economy, health care, and religious institutions for decades to come.
RLCC staff and volunteers gathered at St. James Anglican Church (near Cedar and Dakota) in Fresno. Community leaders spoke about the how the Supreme Court's decision will affect their respective professions and communities. RLCC helped organize this event in cooperation with the Central Valley Strategic Forum.
- Bishop Eric Menees or Fr. Carlos Raines, Dean of St. James Anglican Cathedral
- Jim Franklin, Senior Pastor, Cornerstone Church
- Dr. James Horspool, Medical Director at Children's Hospital Central California
- Jonathan Keller, Executive Directive, Right to Life of Central California
- Stuart Weil, business owner, representing the Jewish community
- Don Wright, local insurance business owner
"Today's decision represents a frightening assault on the First Amendment," said Jonathan Keller, Executive Director of Right to Life of Central California. "By failing to uphold the free exercise clause, the U.S. Supreme Court has allowed President Obama's Health and Human Services mandate to go forward, requiring nearly every religious employer in the country to begin paying for abortion-inducing drugs as part of their medical coverage later this year. The Court has declared open season on religious institutions and people of faith and conscience across America. Citizens who value religious liberty must work tirelessly to elect new representatives at the local, state, and federal levels who will vigorously defend our most cherished rights and freedoms."
Founded in 1987, Right to Life of Central California (RLCC) is one of the largest grassroots pro-life organizations in the United States. They primarily serve Fresno and Madera counties and extend their reach across the country through their weekly radio and television program "Life Report." Other outreaches include their "40 Days for Life" prayer vigil, educational displays at Fresno State and Fresno City college campuses, and a "Latinos4Life" Hispanic outreach. They celebrated their 25th anniversary serving the community in February 2012.
Standard YouTube License
- 28:01 #148: Violinist Reasoning. SPECIAL GUEST: Trent Hornby Josh Brahm2,136 views
- 28:01 #144: Scott Klusendorf on the State of the Pro-Life Movementby Josh Brahm548 views
- 7:06 "Are you pro-life because of the unborn or because of God?" - Episode 41 Excerptby Josh Brahm861 views
- 6:31 Urgent Video: YouTube Discriminating Against Pro-Life Groupsby Josh Brahm856 views
- 1:29:20 Supreme Court Health Care Debate Day 1 (Full Audio)by LeakSourceTV2,499 views
- 6:31 Pelosi taken apart by David Gregory on false Obamacare promisesby Washington Free Beacon310,494 views
- 10:38 HEATED: CNN Wolf Blitzer Goes After Michele Bachmann Over ObamaCareby YouHotNews256,953 views
- 2:20 Obama Refuses to Rule Out Jail Time for People Who Don't Buy Health Insurance.by LamePseudonym129,494 views
- 9:00 Bill O'Reilly Reacts To The Supreme Court's "Obama-Care" Ruling & Holder In Contemptby iwanttomarrycarrie917 views
- 4:12 Dr. Benjamin Carson on Obama's Destructive Healthcare Plan - 3/12/13by MichaelSavage4Prez7,475 views
- 1:48:58 Impact Of Obamacare On Job Creators And Their Decision To Offer Health Insuranceby HouseResourceOrg4,141 views
- 28:26 Forum For A Better Understanding #345by KNXT147 views
- 9:25 There Will Be 'Ignorant' Outrage Over Health Care Whatever The Supreme Court Rulingby politicalarticles273 views
- 0:31 Stand Up For Religious Freedom Rally in Fresno (June 8)by Josh Brahm428 views
- 6:06 Pro-life billboard placed across the street from Fresno Planned Parenthood abortion facility!by Josh Brahm705 views
- 5:40 Message to mean pro-lifers: "Get off of YouTube!"by Josh Brahm4,759 views
- 1:06:28 Obamacare's Employer Penalty and Its Impact on Temporary Workersby HouseResourceOrg1,491 views
- 5:03 Responding to statement by pro-lifer: "Women who abort don't use birth control."by Josh Brahm879 views
- 12:56 Rachel Maddow - A second chance for Democrats to make the case for health careby Licentiathe8th2,664 views
- 9:04 Life Report - Episode 25 Excerpt - George Carlin on Abortionby Josh Brahm2,498 views
- Loading more suggestions...