Yoga for Brain Function with Kino MacGregor
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 6, 2011
Yoga Instructor, Kino MacGregor teaches Yoga techniques. Kino and Ana Guerra on the benefits and technique behind Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana
Yoga (Sanskrit, Pāli: योग, yoga) is a physical, mental, and spiritual discipline, originating in ancient India. The goal of yoga, or of the person practicing yoga, is the attainment of a state of perfect spiritual insight and tranquility while meditating on the Hindu concept of divinity or Brahman. The word is associated with meditative practices in Hinduism, Jainism, and Buddhism.
Within Hindu philosophy, the word yoga is used to refer to one of the six orthodox (āstika) schools of Hindu philosophy. Yoga in this sense is based on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, and is also known as Rāja Yoga to distinguish it from later schools. Patanjali's system is discussed and elaborated upon in many classical Hindu texts, and has also been influential in Buddhism and Jainism. The Bhagavad Gita introduces distinctions such as Jnana Yoga ("yoga based on knowledge") vs. Karma Yoga ("yoga based on action").
Other systems of philosophy introduced in Hinduism during the medieval period are bhakti yoga, and hatha yoga.
The Sanskrit word yoga has the literal meaning of "yoke", from a root yuj meaning to join, to unite, or to attach. As a term for a system of abstract meditation or mental abstraction it was introduced by Patañjali in the 2nd century BC. Someone who practices yoga or follows the yoga philosophy with a high level of commitment is called a yogi or yogini.
The goals of yoga are varied and range from improving health to achieving moksha. Within the Hindu monist schools of Advaita Vedanta, Shaivism and Jainism, the goal of yoga takes the form of moksha, which is liberation from all worldly suffering and the cycle of birth and death (samsara), at which point there is a realization of identity with the Supreme Brahman. In the Mahabharata, the goal of yoga is variously described as entering the world of Brahma, as Brahman, or as perceiving the Brahman or Ātman that pervades all things. For the bhakti schools of Vaishnavism, bhakti or service to Svayam Bhagavan itself may be the ultimate goal of the yoga process, where the goal is to enjoy an eternal relationship with Vishnu.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:27 Ashtanga Yoga with Kino MacGregor: Are You Ready to Start the Intermediate Series?by KinoYoga Featured 5,964
- 1:51 Yoga for a Strong Upper Body with Kino MacGregorby ExpertHowTos34,723 views
- 1:52 Yoga for your Waist with Kino MacGregorby ExpertHowTos6,103 views
- 2:38 Yoga Weight Loss : HOW To - The Sun Salutation , with Kino MacGregorby ExpertHowTos10,984 views
- 2:07 Yoga for Belly Fat with Kino MacGregorby ExpertHowTos27,420 views
- 4:01 Ashtanga Yoga Headstand for Beginners: Sirsasana with Kino MacGrego and Alexandra Santosby KinoYoga124,886 views
- 7:30 Kino-Ashtanga in Balance yoga(TW) 1/4by balanceyogatw6,862 views
- 3:38 Yoga Exercises for Carpal Tunnel Syndromeby Ekhart Yoga82,392 views
- 10:00 02: Advanced Ashtanga practice with Sri K. Pattabhi Joisby Amir Glick12,410 views
- 8:41 ASHTANGA YOGA Kino Macgregor at PURPLE VALLEY yoga retreat Goa,India www.yogagoa.comby Purplevalleyretreat183,035 views
- 7:28 Superbrain Yogaby Sublime Energy111,716 views
- 2:04 Core Strength Yoga Exercise, Lift Your Hips in Side Plank with Kino MacGregorby KinoYoga21,870 views
- 41:18 Kino MacGregor Ashtanga Yoga Beijing, China Talk and Demo at Fine Yogaby KinoYoga201,652 views
- 4:29 Burning through Obstacles (Samskaras) in Ashtanga Yoga with Kino MacGregorby KinoYoga49,596 views
- 3:10 Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series: Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana, Balancing Posture , with Kino MacGregorby KinoYoga15,310 views
- 7:13 Introduction to Ashtanga Yogaby MyYogaOnline94,675 views
- 8:40 Jumping Back in Padmasana - Kino MacGregorby arkieyogini80,132 views
- 2:53 Yoga for Beginners, Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana from Ashtanga Primary Series with Kinoby KinoYoga18,030 views
- 46:27 Free Yoga Class (Vinyasa Yoga 45 min Class)by Lesley Fightmaster45,248 views
- 2:23 Ashtanga Yoga : Trikonasana with Kino MacGregor and Alexandra Santosby KinoYoga30,800 views
- Loading more suggestions...