Stevie Wonder "Golden Lady" (1973)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 21, 2008
Stevie Wonder (born Stevland Hardaway Judkins on May 13, 1950, name later changed to Stevland Hardaway Morris) is an American singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and record producer. Wonder has recorded more than thirty top ten hits, won 22 Grammy Award (a record for a solo artist), plus one for lifetime achievement, won an Academy Award for Best Song and been inducted into both the Rock and Roll and Songwriters halls of fame. He has also been awarded the Polar Music Prize.
Blind from infancy, Wonder signed with Motown Records as a pre-adolescent at age twelve, and continues to perform and record for the label to this day. He has ten U.S. number-one hits on the pop Charts, 20 U.S. R&B number one hits, and album sales totaling more than 150 million units. Wonder has recorded several critically acclaimed albums and hit singles, and writes and produces songs for many of his label mates and outside artists as well. Wonder plays the piano, synthesizer, harmonica, congas, drums, bongos, organ, melodica, and clavinet. In his early career, he was best known for his harmonica work, but today he is better known for his keyboard skills and vocal ability.
Innervisions is an album by Stevie Wonder, released on Tamla/Motown on August 3, 1973 (see 1973 in music). It was the third of five consecutive albums widely hailed as his "classic period", along with Music of My Mind, Talking Book, Fulfillingness' First Finale, and Songs in the Key of Life. The nine tracks that make up Innervisions encompass a wide range of themes and issues: from drug references in "Too High" and "Don't You Worry 'bout a Thing"; social anger in "Higher Ground" and "Living for the City"; to love in the ballads "All in Love is Fair" and "Golden Lady." The album's closer, "He's Misstra Know-It-All", is a scathing attack on then-US President Richard Nixon, similar to his song "You Haven't Done Nothin'".
As with many of Stevie Wonder's albums the lyrics, composition and production are almost entirely his own work, with the synthesizer used prominently throughout the album. He also played all or virtually all instruments on "Too High", "Living for the City", "Don't You Worry 'bout a Thing", "Higher Ground", "Jesus Children of America", and "He's Misstra Know-It-All".
Innervisions won Grammy Awards for Album of the Year and Best Engineered Non-Classical Recording in 1974, while "Living for the City" won the Grammy for Best R&B Song. Innervisions has been considered by many fans, critics, and colleagues to be Stevie Wonder's magnum opus and one of the greatest albums in pop music history. In 2001, VH1 named it the 31st greatest album of all time. In 2003, the album was ranked number 23 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Golden Lady" on
- 28 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 44:16 Stevie Wonder-Innervisions [Full Album] 1973by Nedaj01Featured 136,682
- 10:02 Stevie Wonder - SuperWoman/Where Where You When I Needed Youby love112489 33,453 views
- 7:26 Living For The City - Stevie Wonder (1973)by djbuddyloveoldschool 106,687 views
- 5:18 Stevie Wonder - All I Doby johnniewalker23 2,005,844 views
- 6:32 Ordinary Pain - Stevie Wonderby Theo Frank 116,045 views
- 7:59 Stevie Wonder - Superwomanby shannn222 118,616 views
- 3:43 All is fair in love - Stevie Wonderby muzhmox9 118,082 views
- 5:14 Stevie Wonder That Girlby Brownsugar391 121,754 views
- 5:01 Stevie Wonder - Golden Ladyby Lukrecijus1 13,818 views
- 4:38 Stevie Wonder - Too Highby love112489 130,662 views
- 4:15 Luther Vandross - If only for one nightby Jaime Mansilla 2,284,699 views
- 4:29 Stevie Wonder - Living For The City (live 1974) HQby Freya0815007 197,011 views
- 3:01 Stevie Wonder "Until You Come Back To Me"by coolkidtorange 169,401 views
- 5:39 Stevie Wonder "Ribbon In The Sky" (1982)by rovingeye2 204,942 views
- 4:12 Stevie Wonder - Ebony Eyesby johnniewalker23 295,034 views
- 131 videos Play all Grammysby chrisjames1962
- 3:43 Higher Ground - Stevie Wonder (1973)by djbuddyloveoldschool 374,922 views
- 4:43 Stevie Wonder - Lookin For Another Pure Loveby miasmicmatt 148,237 views
- 4:04 Stevie Wonder- Sunnyby BearRilla33 1,153,290 views
- 3:35 Stevie Wonder - Evilby johnniewalker23 73,060 views
- 5:25 Stevie Wonder "visions" (1973)by rovingeye2 116,568 views
- Loading more suggestions...