PersonalSecurityZone.com: Bear vs. Electric Fence and Beehive Security System
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 31, 2010
Posted by http://PersonalSecurityZone.com
The bear that trashed our bee hive meets up with the home security system we installed specifically to protect the defenseless bees from further attack!
After waking up one morning to find our bee hive strewn all over the back yard, with the bees huddling together on just a few broken frames trying to protect their colony, queen and the remaining honey, we knew we had to take action against future bear attacks! The bear who had wrecked the hive would certainly be coming again soon, now that the bear knew where it could find a tasty dinner! After consulting our local game warden, we were confirmed in our fear that the bear would be back again and again, to pillage the bees, until the honey and all our bees would be G-O-N-E!
The bees had been nearly devastated by the first attack, with about 40 percent of their numbers crushed while the bear enjoyed the fruits of their year's worth of labor and just sat in the yard licking up half of their honey for his tasty moonlit snack!
This meant it was going to be a tough enough winter for the bees, and another attack would mean the end of them.
Since we are online merchants of home security and self defense products, we knew just what to do. First, Tom installed an electric fence as the first perimeter line of defense. Next, as our early warning system, we erected a bright home security light and a motion detector, to pan the area and light it up if the bear or any other menacing animal should appear near the hive. And, then, Tom also setup our TrendNet TV-IP600 Camera to point out the window and record anything that occurred if the camera detected motion.
It would be only a matter of time until the bear would be back for his lesson in what bees not to bother again!
Then, when the security light turned on in the wee hours of Halloween morning Oct. 31, 2010 we knew it was time for the bear to get his Halloween TRICK, rather than the TREAT he was after!
Standard YouTube License
- 13:03 Home Defense: Be Preparedby sootch00 Featured 203,624
- 12:22 How to Use Electric Fencing to Secure Your Outdoor Attractantsby Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission43,959 views
- 4:57 Bear Fence Testby NOLS36,957 views
- 22:29 Zareba Systems High Tensile Fence Systemby Zareba Systems®15,536 views
- 2:48 Electric Bear Fenceby beefitter5,341 views
- 9:47 Electric Bear Fenceby draperbee6,756 views
- 9:25 How to set up an electric fence for horsesby Marenlene30,744 views
- 16:07 installation for home security electric fence projectsby Dragon Cai1,532 views
- 23:37 Starting a New Bee Hive - Which Hive is Best ? Where Do I get my Bees?by Learn Organic Gardening at GrowingYourGreens58,526 views
- 9:45 How to Install a Solar Electric Fenceby BexarPrepper11,002 views
- 8:04 Chain Link Fence Security Array - FH4by FenceHawk4,895 views
- 15:26 Electrobraid Fence Installationby TheHealingBarn14,756 views
- 5:13 Make Your Own Electric Fenceposts!by HowToDrillAWell17,419 views
- 4:50 Lite Fence - Fibre Optic Perimeter Fence Alarm available from Perimeter Security Ltdby Chris Cox1,643 views
- 1:43 Boxer Experiences Electric Fenceby firemedic2000287,108 views
- 14:46 Living with Florida Black Bearsby Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission34,447 views
- 3:39 Retractable Electric Fenceby retractafence8,747 views
- 10:12 Perimeter Security Options - Old Fence Hawk 1by FenceHawk1,602 views
- 2:50 Corner Brace Installation for your Zareba Systems High Tensile Fence Systemby Zareba Systems®14,210 views
- 13:08 best agricultural fencing tips - TIP N°1by Otokastation1139,036 views
- Loading more suggestions...