1/6. How to Use Time Management 2.0 Skills to Accomplish Big Goals
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 19, 2011
http://2time-sys.com - download our special report. See below for discussion notes on this video:
Here at 2Time Labs I have been looking at the Randy Pausch videos and wondered why no-one is using the latest research to add to his ideas. Here is a big one -- to accomplish the big goals he talks about in his video, you need to use electronic schedules to break down long-term plans into single steps in your daily calendar.
The idea is simple. To complete a large task, break down the activity into component parts and place them in your calendar. It's what we refer to us the "last mile" in Project Management. In project teams, when work is broken down and handed to team members, the project manager often has little idea about their time management skills, and whether or not they are capable of completing the task.
This is the point at which breakdowns occur. Project Managers delegate tasks without knowing the capabilities of team members, instantly increasing the risk profile of the project. If the team members are low skilled in terms of time management, then it's likely that they'll place the project in jeopardy as their obligations fall through the cracks.
On the other hand, if a team member is highly competent, they'll capture the task they need to complete and later on place it directly in their calendar. If it involves multiple steps, then these are also scheduled.
For some reason, there are a number of time management books that tell readers not to use their calendar in this way. They offer no evidence that I am aware of, but insist that their point of view is the only correct one.
When the project only involves a single person, the same principle can be used to ensure that actions take place in the right sequence, and on time, so that long term goals can be accomplished.
This isn't rocket science and these techniques have been around for hundreds of years. What's been missing up until now is conclusive research and a body of knowledge that shows that completing big goals is easier if you use your calendar. Researchers like Dezhi Wu from the University of Southern Utah have made a great start, and there needs to be others in order to dispel the confusion and unsupported teaching that is prevailing.
Bottom line - learn how to use your electronic calendar to as a scheduling tool to complete big goals that require a significant time investment.
Don't leave without clicking the Like button, or leaving a comment.
Subscribe for further videos from 2Time Labs where we share cutting-edge ideas in time management and personal productivity.
And please share this video with your friends. It has some important ideas that defy the conventional wisdom, and they might appreciate hearing them from you. http://youtu.be/PMci0lYCqIk
- 4:10 How to Manage Your Time Betterby watchwellcast Featured 214,458
- 14:58 Jesse Lee Peterson Radio Show w/ Bishop Broderick Alan Huggins, Saint Paul Baptist Churchby Jesse Peterson419 views
- 1:29:31 Ultimate Time Management and Productivity - E. Paganby TheDawnHour19,443 views
- 4:34 2/6. How to Use Time Management 2.0 Skills to Avoid Being Distractedby Francis Wade145 views
- 55:37 Brian Tracy - Personal Time Managementby Ayrat Aymetov55,508 views
- 29:21 How to Set and Achieve any Goal you Have in Your Life - with John Assaraf Part 1by John Assaraf354,512 views
- 5:49 Rite In The Rain 3x5 Index Card Walletby survivalresources2,099 views
- 9:38 Cameron Russell: Looks aren't everything. Believe me, I'm a model.by TED1,985,026 views
- 8:34 Bashar on 4 Laws, Motivation and Goalsby Raisa Breslava23,563 views
- 6:46 6 Time Management Tips to Increase Productivityby Brian Tracy54,786 views
- 21:43 How To Achieve Your Goals: 90 Days is All It Takesby Vic Johnson69,937 views
- 3:41 4/6. How to Avoid Making Unrealistic Plans with a Time Management 2.0 Scheduleby Francis Wade200 views
- 31:07 Part 2 - How to Set and Achieve any Goal you Have in Your Life - with John Assarafby John Assaraf133,129 views
- 3:47 Task Management Software | Task Management Software Reviewby taskmanagementsoft570 views
- 4:11 3/6. How to Use a Time Management Schedule to Feel Accomplishedby Francis Wade246 views
- 6:32 How To Stop Negative Thinking: End Obsessive Thoughts and Anxiety Nowby Larry Bilotta818,780 views
- 18:51 Pamela Meyer: How to spot a liarby TED2,539,084 views
- 5:46 Get More Doneby Scott Young8,579 views
- 9:41 10 Effective Time Management Tipsby Carol Bentley181,083 views
- 5:43 Secret to Becoming a Money Magnetby Dr. Michael J. Duckett401,721 views
- Loading more suggestions...